LeBron: Warriors Are Healthiest Team In NBA History

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron: Warriors Are Healthiest Team In NBA History 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:17 pm

LeBron James believes the Golden State Warriors' success has been greatly helped by their fortune when it comes to avoiding injuries.

"I think it comes with a lot of health," James said. "They've been healthy. They've been the most healthy team I've ever seen in NBA history, and they have great talent. Those guys all play for one common goal and that's to win and that's all that matters."

James said that continuity in the lineup has led to consistency in their play.

"They've just been consistent," James said. "I think the most impressive thing is the way they just they've been playing at a high level, man, for so long."

Kyrie Irving (left knee), Iman Shumpert (right wrist), Timofey Mozgov (right shoulder) and Mo Williams (right ankle) all sidelined.

"I'd much rather be on the other side and having guys in the lineup, having guys healthy," James said. "I've always heard that saying of, 'Is it a blessing that guys are out and guys can step in?' I think it's good for some of the guys that don't get to play as much -- they get an opportunity. But at the same time, I'd much rather be full and know what we're going to have and play at a high level for most of the year so we know what we can fall back on at the end of the season.

"But that's one thing you can't control. You can't control injuries. The one thing you can control is what you're doing out on the floor, how well you're playing, how hard you're playing and how much you're sacrificing and giving to your teammates."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Re: LeBron: Warriors Are Healthiest Team In NBA History 

Post#2 » by totalrekall » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:56 pm

LeBron is so jealous of the Warriors it hurts. he just cant stop obsessing over them and what they took from him
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:36 pm

You can't control freak injuries, but you can control your start players' play time if you have a good bench, thus, reduce fatigue and injuries. You can also control who you sign for your team (especially when you are Lebron), providing their past health history.
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#4 » by Fellow72 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:51 pm

What a thing to say. They are not the healthiest team in NBA history just because they are on a 15 game winning streak. They aren't even fully healthy. Klay Thompson has been struggling with back problems all season long. It was just a few games ago they said he was getting better. Bogut was injured for half the season already. I hate to say it but Lebron just sounds jealous. He thought he was going to be the only big name worth mentioning in his era, but it looks like that is about to change...
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#5 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:05 pm

I really hope that both the Cavs and Warriors are both fully healthy if they meet in the finals again.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#6 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Trying to subtly express excuses yet again... :roll:
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#7 » by Marty McFly » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:55 pm

:lol: what does that even mean?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#8 » by ooptolebron » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 pm

""I'd much rather be on the other side” - Lebron

lol

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#9 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Not only does he realize he needs to play with 2 superstars, now he knows he needs healthy superstars
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#10 » by anatomicbomb » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Fellow72 wrote:What a thing to say. They are not the healthiest team in NBA history just because they are on a 15 game winning streak. They aren't even fully healthy. Klay Thompson has been struggling with back problems all season long. It was just a few games ago they said he was getting better. Bogut was injured for half the season already. I hate to say it but Lebron just sounds jealous. He thought he was going to be the only big name worth mentioning in his era, but it looks like that is about to change...

Not to mention, Steph has probably missed more time in his career than Lebron has in his - those ankle injuries were no joke, and it's really a testament to him and his support network for coming back so well from them. I would say, in fact, that over his career Lebron has been one of the healthiest superstars I can remember. Add to that, Kerr hasn't been there for one game this year. Unless the value of a coach is zero, or Luke Walton is a similarly good coach in his own right, Kerr's absence has been another health problem that the team has had to overcome for their recent successes.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#11 » by tidho » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:04 pm

Comments are hilarious. He was asked a question. GS benefitted from being the only healthy team left last year. Its not like he didn't acknowledge they were very talented too. Basically LeBron is just saying he wishes the Cavaliers were in a similar state of health.
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#12 » by BasketballJunky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 pm

I see both sides ...

1. The NBA including LeBron is jealous of the Goldenstate Warriors
2.They had some real special Luck... Their Big 5 Curry, Draymond, Iggy, Klay and Barnes have not had a significant injury all of last year and this year thus far.
3.To win the West and not have to play OKC, Spurs or Clippers is a blessing to say the least.

Everyone should give them their credit but at the least admit the good fortune they've had thus far.

LeBron had to play them in the finals without Love and Kyrie.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#13 » by delsol650 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Typical Lebron.

Most recently during the first 15 games that we went 15-0 our injury were:

Shawn Livingston - HIP
Leandro Barbosa - Illness
Andrew Bogut - Broken nose
Klay - battling through Back issues since start of season
Draymond - flu for a week or so now
Kevin Looney out till mid season or so- hip surgery

Hard for people to really know what injuries we are currently dealing with since most don't see warrior games and only during mainstream viewing on ESPN or TNT if/when the dubs are shown.

Not even going to talk about the last season injuries that we had to deal with and STILL won 67 games with NO EXCUSES :crazy: I laugh when the rest of the league bitch and complain the dubs soft schedule and injury free blah blah blah. Guess what, get your teams act together. Its not like you have to play Rockets, Spurs, OKC, Mavs, Clips, Memphis, 3-4 times a year and still get a 67 win clip. I'm not even adding the bottom feeding west teams that would feast on the east teams. so Lebron and other complainers suck it.

The Dubs were NOT lucky of whom they played or health or some other poor excuse others will put forth because they can't seem to get past the fact that a jump shooting them that plays as a TEAM and plays Defense beat all to win the championship. This team made its own way and destiny to the championship. This year, they're playing to prove to all doubters why they were successful last year.

Yes, 15-0 and were still lucky or just healthy. On this streak we beat the following

Pelicans
Rockets
Pelicans
Memphis
Clips
Nugs
Kings
Pistons
Memphis
Wolves
Nets
Raptors
Bulls
Nugs

SO basically during this time more than 1/2 of these games were against team that were playoff teams on their divisions. probably 2-3 games were non playoff teams but teams that can beat east teams likely.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#14 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:57 pm

He has point . It certainly seems that way. No injuries except for bogut really.
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#15 » by Tdot24 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:12 am

anatomicbomb wrote:
Fellow72 wrote:What a thing to say. They are not the healthiest team in NBA history just because they are on a 15 game winning streak. They aren't even fully healthy. Klay Thompson has been struggling with back problems all season long. It was just a few games ago they said he was getting better. Bogut was injured for half the season already. I hate to say it but Lebron just sounds jealous. He thought he was going to be the only big name worth mentioning in his era, but it looks like that is about to change...

Not to mention, Steph has probably missed more time in his career than Lebron has in his - those ankle injuries were no joke, and it's really a testament to him and his support network for coming back so well from them. I would say, in fact, that over his career Lebron has been one of the healthiest superstars I can remember. Add to that, Kerr hasn't been there for one game this year. Unless the value of a coach is zero, or Luke Walton is a similarly good coach in his own right, Kerr's absence has been another health problem that the team has had to overcome for their recent successes.

Exactly.

Lebron, quit the antics buddy. You're too great a player to be coming up with all of these excuses.
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#16 » by 000 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 am

LeBron James will always come up with excuses. Getting ready to excuse the upcoming loss. Merry Christmas to anyone who prefers Steph to LeExcuse. Go Warriors!
KingTdot
Senior
And1: 306

Post#17 » by KingTdot » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:21 am

Tdot24 wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:

Exactly.

Lebron, quit the antics buddy. You're too great a player to be coming up with all of these excuses.

You can't lie, LeBron and the cavs probably would have brought the champ series to at least 6-7 games if love and irving weren't injured, they did go up 2-1 in the series without them. Remove LeBron or Curry from the team and both their teams wouldn't be number 1 in their conference. What LeBron is saying, without a decent supporting cast no superstar/team would be as successful as they're. But then again LeBron always complains about something when he loses, hes like a spoiled brat that wants everything he asks for. If LeBron had more of a kobe/MJ mentality, he probably would've won that championship and maybe got closer to kobes 81, though the points achievement is an individual accomplishment.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#18 » by hyberx » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:08 am

You want to talk about luck?

1. Play in a weak East conference for a win total.
2. Play a losing team in first round of playoff.
3. Play a Bulls team that was trouble with their coach and a forever injured super star DRose, then eventually do without their all star Pau Gasol.
4. Play an Atlanta team and injure one of their all star and got another suspended.

Also, Cavs actually do better WITHOUT Irving/Love. To quote an analysis from Cleveland.com

Projected over a 48-minute game, the Cavs without Love and Irving are 11.2 points better than the opposition during the playoffs.

Projected over a 48-minute game, the Cavs are 5.6 points better than their opponents during the playoffs with either Love or Irving in the lineup.

It's a team game, you don't automatically get the win just by throwing in two more stars. It's about chemistry and we all know how well that worked for Kevin Love in Cavs last year.

I used to like LeBron for his unselfish play. But man this guy really whine to no end and truly deserve his cry baby rep.

This season the East is actually stronger. It would be funny to see what kind of excuse he will come up with or which teammate he is going to throw under the bus when they fail again.
Haddaway
Junior
And1: 650

Post#19 » by Haddaway » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:04 am

hyberx wrote:You want to talk about luck?

1. Play in a weak East conference for a win total.
2. Play a losing team in first round of playoff.
3. Play a Bulls team that was trouble with their coach and a forever injured super star DRose, then eventually do without their all star Pau Gasol.
4. Play an Atlanta team and injure one of their all star and got another suspended.

Also, Cavs actually do better WITHOUT Irving/Love. To quote an analysis from Cleveland.com

Projected over a 48-minute game, the Cavs without Love and Irving are 11.2 points better than the opposition during the playoffs.

Projected over a 48-minute game, the Cavs are 5.6 points better than their opponents during the playoffs with either Love or Irving in the lineup.

It's a team game, you don't automatically get the win just by throwing in two more stars. It's about chemistry and we all know how well that worked for Kevin Love in Cavs last year.

I used to like LeBron for his unselfish play. But man this guy really whine to no end and truly deserve his cry baby rep.

This season the East is actually stronger. It would be funny to see what kind of excuse he will come up with or which teammate he is going to throw under the bus when they fail again.

To say that The Cavaliers or even suggest that they are a better team without Love and Kyrie in the lineup is pure ignorance. No one can predict how that series would've turned out, but Lebron having to have earth shattering performances every game for the series to be competitive is a testament to Lebron's ability to dominate, but to not admit that it was not a great stroke of luck for the Warriors to have the top 2 players on the other team go down is just showing your hate for Lebron.
It would be like if Barnes and Green had gone down for the Warriors and the Cavaliers had won, yet someone posted a small sample size statistic of little value that showed that with Curry scoring 40 PPG with both Barnes and Green out, the Warriors outscored their opponents, so therefore the Warriors are better without Barnes and Green. Both are just ludicrous statement trying to further an agenda someone is trying to push. This one happening to be a negative one against the Cavaliers/Lebron.
phraoh wrote:Not sure why all the love for Heat...doubt they get past the first round...this is 2016 not 2006. .. I think Heat are either playing the Hawks or Celtics in the first round, a good chance without home court, and I doubt they beat either of those teams.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#20 » by LakersLegacy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:32 am

The irony is the players are healthy but the coach is out hurt.

Luke Walton is 15-0. Crazy they have this win streak w/o Kerr

Return to Wiretap Discussion