Cavs Trade Joe Harris To Magic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavs Trade Joe Harris To Magic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:46 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have traded Joe Harris and the Sacramento Kings' 2017 second rounder to the Orlando Magic in exchanged for the Portland Trail Blazers' second round pick in 2020.

This season, Harris appeared in five games for the Cavs and 10 games for the Canton Charge.

He was originally selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the second round (33rd overall pick) of the 2014 NBA Draft.

Harris underwent successful surgery in Indianapolis on his right foot for excision of 5th metatarsal apophysis.

The Cavaliers sent approximately $1 million in cash to the Magic, while saving $3 million in taxes, salary and they get to create a roster spot, according to Brian Windhorst.

Via RealGM Staff Report

DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Cavs Trade Joe Harris To Magic 

Post#2 » by DJ3thenew23 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Player AND a second for another second? What are you doing Cleveland...
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Re: Cavs Trade Joe Harris To Magic 

Post#3 » by rousa27 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:15 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:Player AND a second for another second? What are you doing Cleveland...

Saving millions, getting rid of a trash player (who is also injured), and opening a roster spot for a potential bought out contract. 2nd rounders aren't worth much, but the chance to have an open roster spot for a bought out veteran or a trade is.

Return to Wiretap Discussion