LeBron James Suggests It May Have Been Good Time For Change

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Suggests It May Have Been Good Time For Change 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:09 pm

LeBron James denied having advance knowledge of the Cleveland Cavaliers' decision to fire David Blatt and was adamant he had nothing to do with his dismissal.

James did suggest that it may have been a good time for a change.

"Our main concern is how we get better," James said. "It's more than wins and losses, like I told you guys before. You guys get so caught up in the wins and losses and I tell you everyday it's not about the wins and losses, it's how we play. It's how we prepare ourselves everyday. You guys asked me early on why I was so frustrated. You guys asked me you guys won seven in a row, why you don't feel [happy.] I tell you guys and for something like this to happen, now you guys understand what I was meaning."

Via Chris Hayes/Cleveland Plain Dealer

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: LeBron James Suggests It May Have Been Good Time For Change 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Every single signing or decision has input from James, that is not questioned. To pretend for one second that Blatt was fired and James didn't sign off on it is ignorant. Just because Blatt was fired on an "off" day for the Cavs does not mean James' phone was not working. Quit hiding behind your agent and public relations team Lebron, be a man and own up to your actions/decisions. Grow up, this is pathetic.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#3 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:Every single signing or decision has input from James, that is not questioned. To pretend for one second that Blatt was fired and James didn't sign off on it is ignorant. Just because Blatt was fired on an "off" day for the Cavs does not mean James' phone was not working. Quit hiding behind your agent and public relations team Lebron, be a man and own up to your actions/decisions. Grow up, this is pathetic.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He's never going to change your mind about hating him, so he's gonna do what he wants and say what he wants.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#4 » by eureca20 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Is it possible Lebron didn't know Blatt was going to be fired yesterday? I guess. That doesn't mean the Cavs didn't already know Lebron wasn't fond of Blatt. That rumor has been around since last season. Lebron is signing 1 year deals partly to have power with the Cavs. Lebron can bolt at any time. At least that is what Lebron wants them to think. Cavs aren't going to risk making Lebron angry with the cap going up next off-season.

I don't really have a problem with Lebron for doing this. He wants to win a championship in Cleveland. He knows teams after they sign him long term might just be comfortable making money off him instead of going all out. Look at Kevin Durant/Westbrook in OKC. After years of cost cutting and refusing to pay the luxury tax OKC finally spent some money by keeping Kanter. Why is that? Well Kevin Durant is about to be a free agent. Once they get Durant and Westbrook locked in they can go back to trying to save money.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#5 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 am

What a tool.

Amazing talent and player, but a tool.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#6 » by Heat3 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:39 am

Lebron was shocked and surprised at Blatts firing yesterday afternoon.

He was expecting it to happen in the morning :tooth
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#7 » by LApwnd » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:49 am

So if clev was getting "better" but not winning it would've been ok?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#8 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:42 am

What a d bag
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#9 » by WarriorsEFC » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:09 am

LOL Lebron. How could Lebron as GM and Head Coach not know that Blatt was going to be fired? GTFOH
73-9 - GTOAT.
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#10 » by Jordans_Rose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 am

I think Cleveland hasn't lived up to their expectations. I believe it's a lack of chemistry on their end of getting LeBron, Kyrie and Love all involved. I think it's a tough situation because Kyrie can be a true point guard but LeBron is the guy who needs to be the ball dominant push it up Draymond Green type guy but that's not the case. Tyron Lue to me doesn't seem like a coach, maybe in time that will change and I may be wrong but he doesn't seem like a solid NBA coach, seems more like a good NCAA coach like Kevin Ollie. I'm surprised the Cavs didn't go after Lionel Hollins or Tom Thibodeau, those guys have real experience. Do I think Cleveland can still make it to the finals this year? Yeah. But if the Bulls play better and if the Raptors play better and Cleveland is still trying to "find" themselves they may just squeak in the finals but face S.A, GSW or OKC and lose.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#11 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:45 am

eureca20 wrote: Look at Kevin Durant/Westbrook in OKC. After years of cost cutting and refusing to pay the luxury tax OKC finally spent some money by keeping Kanter. Why is that? Well Kevin Durant is about to be a free agent. Once they get Durant and Westbrook locked in they can go back to trying to save money.

Ignorance on a subject is a good reason not to talk about it authoritatively.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#12 » by eureca20 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 am

spearsy23 wrote:
eureca20 wrote: Look at Kevin Durant/Westbrook in OKC. After years of cost cutting and refusing to pay the luxury tax OKC finally spent some money by keeping Kanter. Why is that? Well Kevin Durant is about to be a free agent. Once they get Durant and Westbrook locked in they can go back to trying to save money.

I agree. Your homerism can sometimes make you ignorant to what has been happening for years.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#13 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:41 am

eureca20 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

I agree. Your homerism can sometimes make you ignorant to what has been happening for years.

And having no clue what has happened with a team's ownership or the league's financial status leads to some really ignorant comments.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#14 » by qm22 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Astonishingly, nothing in this quote refers to timing, and whether now was good or bad. It merely says the Cavs had problems despite their record.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#15 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Jordans_Rose wrote:
Tyron Lue to me doesn't seem like a coach, maybe in time that will change and I may be wrong but he doesn't seem like a solid NBA coach, seems more like a good NCAA coach like Kevin Ollie. I'm surprised the Cavs didn't go after Lionel Hollins or Tom Thibodeau, those guys have real experience.

There's no way LeBron would have agreed to the hiring of one of those guys, as they would have expected to dictate game plans. LeBron needs someone to agree with his plan, not try to implement their plan.
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#16 » by Tdot24 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Nothing makes Lebron happy more than getting his wish. He couldn't do this in Miami. He couldn't play puppets, with Riley at the helm, so he left.

When has there ever been a coach who has gotten fired for winning games? Cleveland is at the top of the conference and Lebron still isn't happy. This guy really is full of himself. IF anybody believes that Tyronn Lue is a better coach than Blatt, you're lying to yourself.

Tyronn Lue is just another puppet.
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#17 » by Jordans_Rose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:57 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
Jordans_Rose wrote:
Tyron Lue to me doesn't seem like a coach, maybe in time that will change and I may be wrong but he doesn't seem like a solid NBA coach, seems more like a good NCAA coach like Kevin Ollie. I'm surprised the Cavs didn't go after Lionel Hollins or Tom Thibodeau, those guys have real experience.

There's no way LeBron would have agreed to the hiring of one of those guys, as they would have expected to dictate game plans. LeBron needs someone to agree with his plan, not try to implement their plan.

Phil Jackson had a plan for Michael & Scottie and Kobe & Shaq. If LeBron wants to do things his way then he will not win another title I will tell you that right now. There's too much talent in the league for everyone to bow down to LeBron and the Cavs. This is why LeBron James will never be on the same level as Michael Jordan. Guys like Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson and other all-stars/superstars knew the Bulls were the team to beat and M.J was the best in the league but at the end of the day M.J bought into Phil's philosophy.

Return to Wiretap Discussion