Manu Ginobili Found 76ers' Pitch Appealing Due To Brett Brown, Size Of Offer

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Manu Ginobili Found 76ers' Pitch Appealing Due To Brett Brown, Size Of Offer 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Manu Ginobili said his contract talks with the Philadelphia 76ers were genuine and not a negotiating ploy to receive a richer offer from the San Antonio Spurs.

“It was not my main option. I never wanted to leave San Antonio,” Ginobili told The Vertical. “But I had to listen to all the options that are there.”

Philadelphia was offering a two-year contract offer that guaranteed in the first season (between $16 million and $17 million) more than five times what the Spurs initially offered for one year ($3 million).

“The fact that Philadelphia had a great coach and a person I appreciate so much as Brett Brown, made it more appealing in the case the Spurs didn’t happen,” Ginobili told The Vertical. “But the Spurs happened and they always had the priority.”

The Spurs improved their one-year offer to $14 million.

Via Michael Lee/The Vertical

RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Re: Manu Ginobili Found 76ers' Pitch Appealing Due To Brett Brown, Size Of Offer 

Post#2 » by RonaldArtest » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Not a bad bargaining chip if it nets you an extra $11m. Manu should go buy colangelo a steak dinner. Or a steak restaurant.
wind1975
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Manu Ginobili Found 76ers' Pitch Appealing Due To Brett Brown, Size Of Offer 

Post#3 » by wind1975 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:05 pm

get yo money Manu!
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,115

Post#4 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 pm

What a great headline.

"Player found pitch appealing due to huge amount of money offered"
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Sounds like Colangelo. The same guy who offered Steve Nash a 3 year contract just before he joined the Lakers when he already had Kyle Lowry as his PG.

Nothing safer than a lottery team giving old players multi-year contracts.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
SixersfutureGM
Senior
And1: 45

Post#6 » by SixersfutureGM » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:30 pm

The_Hater wrote:Sounds like Colangelo. The same guy who offered Steve Nash a 3 year contract just before he joined the Lakers when he already had Kyle Lowry as his PG.

Nothing is more short sided thinking then your comment. The sixers are still 17-20 million under the FLOOR. This was a smart play by the sixers to keep roster flexibility instead of some of these other teams giving out four years 15 million plus deals to bench players. You could also spend your money worse then spending on a guy that has won championships in this league and can teach the young players a lot. Oh and it was just a one year guarantee offer so really gonna cripple us right?
Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most

But he is definitely not 7 foot

Darain wrote:Prime Wilt wouldn't be anymore than Kwame Brown in today's NBA

Idunno who you are Mister Darain but you are a signature gold mine.. keep them coming!
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:34 pm

SixersfutureGM wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Sounds like Colangelo. The same guy who offered Steve Nash a 3 year contract just before he joined the Lakers when he already had Kyle Lowry as his PG.

Nothing is more short sided thinking then your comment. The sixers are still 17-20 million under the FLOOR. This was a smart play by the sixers to keep roster flexibility instead of some of these other teams giving out four years 15 million plus deals to bench players. You could also spend your money worse then spending on a guy that has won championships in this league and can teach the young players a lot. Oh and it was just a one year guarantee offer so really gonna cripple us right?

I fine explanation.

I just don't like Colangelo and take my shots when I can.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,277

Post#8 » by baldur » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:56 am

thanks to 76ers, he ripped off his own team. lol.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#9 » by LaRance » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:39 pm

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:What a great headline.

"Player found pitch appealing due to huge amount of money offered"

LoL exaaactly. bout brett brown made the offer appealing. the only thing appealing was the $33 million dollars in comparison to the Spurs worthless offer of $ 3 million. for a difference of $30 million dollars I would have been out of Texas faster then you can say Superman lol

Return to Wiretap Discussion