DeMarcus Cousins Calls Carmelo Anthony 'My Favorite Player Of All-Time'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Re: DeMarcus Cousins Calls Carmelo Anthony 'My Favorite Player Of All-Time' 

Post#21 » by RedX » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:33 am

The_Hater wrote:
Pedro wrote:Wow. Talk about setting the bar low. Then again, He hasnt played with any truly great players yet. Hopefully, he gets traded to a solid team soon then realizes how wrong he is of Melo.

He's not setting any bar, he just likes Melo.

And since Melo is going to be in the hall of fame I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing anyways?

Why would melo be in the hall of fame? Seems that anybody and everybody can get in, if that happens.

He hasn't don't anything, hasn't stayed with a team or changed an organization. If anything, he has settled with the Knicks getting a fat pay check and selling his soul and championship desire - if he even had one.

I get that DMC loves melo, cool. But hall of fame? I certainly hope not.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#22 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:14 am

RedX wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Pedro wrote:Wow. Talk about setting the bar low. Then again, He hasnt played with any truly great players yet. Hopefully, he gets traded to a solid team soon then realizes how wrong he is of Melo.

And since Melo is going to be in the hall of fame I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing anyways?

Why would melo be in the hall of fame? Seems that anybody and everybody can get in, if that happens.

9 Allstar games
6 all NBA selections
3 Olympic Gold Medals. Starter on 2 of those teams.
NCAA tournament champion and tournament MVP in one college season
He's on pace to be one of the top 15 scorers in NBA history and could make the top 10
He's currently 29th all time in total points
Has the 13th best PPG total in NBA history.

And his career isn't even over yet. It's not even a question that he gets in.

I don't even like Melo but the amount of flak he takes from the likes of you is ridiculous.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#23 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:28 am

Yeah... his favorite player is a future HOFer. What a low bar.
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#24 » by BorkLazer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:37 pm

RedX wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

He hasn't don't anything, hasn't stayed with a team or changed an organization. If anything, he has settled with the Knicks getting a fat pay check and selling his soul and championship desire - if he even had one.

Melo' never even been on an All-NBA first team (or, you know, WON ANYTHING), so yeah, people should be pumping the brakes on the HOF talk
The_Hater

Post#25 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:54 pm

BorkLazer wrote:
RedX wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Melo' never even been on an All-NBA first team (or, you know, WON ANYTHING), so yeah, people should be pumping the brakes on the HOF talk

Well it's called the basketball hall of fame not the NBA hall of fame. Even if you still insist on judging him based on that narrow criteria, he still won 3 Gold medals and an NCAA title where he was the MVP.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
BorkLazer
Senior

Post#26 » by BorkLazer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:05 pm

The_Hater wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:
RedX wrote:

Well it's called the basketball hall of fame not the NBA hall of fame. Even if you still insist on judging him based on that narrow criteria, he still won 3 Gold medals and an NCAA title where he was the MVP.

Regarding the Olympics, He DID NOT WIN 3 GOLD MEDALS!!!!!! In Athens (when he was one of the top 5 players on the team) they did absolutely terrible and won a bronze (even that they barely won). The other 2 medals I don't hold in very high regard when you have a team so stacked that anything less than a gold medal every time out is a disappointment. And in college the Syracuse team he was on was very good, Hakim Warrick was a great college player and really formed an excellent 1-2 punch with Melo. So no, he is not a hall of famer no matter what metrics you use.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#27 » by Wolf_Cry » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:13 pm

I love Melo's game myself (well offensively), but is this a subtle hint at where Cousins wants to be traded? NY wouldn't trade Porzingis for DMC would they?
The_Hater

Post#28 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:56 pm

BorkLazer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:

Regarding the Olympics, He DID NOT WIN 3 GOLD MEDALS!!!!!! In Athens (when he was one of the top 5 players on the team) they did absolutely terrible and won a bronze (even that they barely won). The other 2 medals I don't hold in very high regard when you have a team so stacked that anything less than a gold medal every time out is a disappointment. And in college the Syracuse team he was on was very good, Hakim Warrick was a great college player and really formed an excellent 1-2 punch with Melo. So no, he is not a hall of famer no matter what metrics you use.

He won 2 gold medals not 3. My mistake. That shouldn't be the one deciding factor that keeps him out of HOF.

I'm not sure where your HOF criteria lies but Melo already has a better resume than several player in their already, so perhaps your issue is a lack of understanding of what gets you in their because Melo is pretty much a 100% lock.

Basketball reference has him currently at 95.1% and he's got several years left to play still. And BR only counts their NBA career, not the college and international resume that is better than most of the players in the hall right now. He's on track to be top 10 all time in points and right now every single eligible player with more than 21000 career points is in the HOF. Models has 22400 and will definitely hit 25000.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
BorkLazer
Senior

Post#29 » by BorkLazer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:07 pm

The_Hater wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

He won 2 gold medals not 3. That should be the one deciding factor that keeps him out of HOF. Solid rebuttle.

I'm not sure where your HOF criteria lies but Melo already has a better resume than several player in their already, so perhaps your issue is a lack of understanding of what gets you in their because Melo is pretty much a 100% lock.

Basketball reference has him currently at 95.1% and he's got several years left to play still. And BR only counts their NBA career, not the college and international resume that is better than most of the players in the hall right now.

Haha whatever dude, you didn't even know about the bronze, and it's one part of a rebuttal, so not sure if you even read the rest of my post. And if you are comparing Melo to guys that played the game a long time ago, when it was a much different league, I don't know what to say. Are you aware that the 3-point line only came into existince in 1979? Do you think maybe that has something to do with players of the last couple generations having higher scoring numbers than in the past?
MrNYYNYGNYK
Junior
And1: 20

Post#30 » by MrNYYNYGNYK » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:52 pm

So when your contact is up in 2 years Boogie it will be time to play in the mecca full time!
MrNYYNYGNYK
Junior
And1: 20

Post#31 » by MrNYYNYGNYK » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:05 pm

BorkLazer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:

He won 2 gold medals not 3. That should be the one deciding factor that keeps him out of HOF. Solid rebuttle.

Basketball reference has him currently at 95.1% and he's got several years left to play still. And BR only counts their NBA career, not the college and international resume that is better than most of the players in the hall right now.

Haha whatever dude, you didn't even know about the bronze, and it's one part of a rebuttal, so not sure if you even read the rest of my post. And if you are comparing Melo to guys that played the game a long time ago, when it was a much different league, I don't know what to say. Are you aware that the 3-point line only came into existince in 1979? Do you think maybe that has something to do with players of the last couple generations having higher scoring numbers than in the past?
Melo will definitely be in the HOF! He will probably finish his career at worst top 15 scorer it's very rate a player with longevity that has passed and is surrounded by mothing but HOFers not make it himself! Melo is in there!
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#32 » by ccvle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:07 am

MrNYYNYGNYK wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Melo will definitely be in the HOF! He will probably finish his career at worst top 15 scorer it's very rate a player with longevity that has passed and is surrounded by mothing but HOFers not make it himself! Melo is in there!

Carmelo is going to finish with atleast 26k points by the time he retires. What anyone think of carmelo is irrelevant whether he is a ballhog, not a winner, etc. Everyone that scored 26k is in the hof. Heck, everyone that scored 22k is probably in the hot. And his points have nothing to do with the 3 pointers, or atleast it is not why he scored more than players in the past. Back in the 60s and 70s they played at a much faster pace. Not everyone back then was good, so all they did was run around all time.
The_Hater

Post#33 » by The_Hater » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:20 am

MrNYYNYGNYK wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Don't waste your time. Some people are incapable of understanding logic when blind hate is standing in their way.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,405

Post#34 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:20 am

That's funny. Boogie looking more and more like Melo every day - a "star" you can't win anything significant with.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#35 » by RedX » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:23 pm

The_Hater wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:
RedX wrote:

2 gold medals, 1 bronze, on a TEAM, so does that mean that everyone on that USA team should be in the hall of fame? NCAA Title? ok, should the rest of the people on that team be in the HoF? Should anyone that ever achieves anything in basketball, be in the HoF? I mean if that is your criteria, than by all means give it away like it's candy.

Why does marginal success put someone in the HoF? Are basketball players really that garbage at what they do that any success deems them an entry? I guess a max contract = HoF than? Please, help me understand where you draw the line. I, personally, set much higher criteria for someone to be glorified for eternity vs. celebrated during their playing career — which to me is exactly what Melo deserved in the times he was successful, but as an overall body of work and what he has done for the organizations that he's been on.. Nuggets... Knicks... hell no, he was barely a blip on the radar in what they achieved.

----

I just read one of your other responses. I guess if you are right that any player that scores over 21,000 points is going to the HoF than he'll be there. But that really dilutes the HoF in my books, and downplays the glory of some of the true greats that are in there.
The_Hater

Post#36 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 pm

RedX wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
BorkLazer wrote:

2 gold medals, 1 bronze, on a TEAM, so does that mean that everyone on that USA team should be in the hall of fame? NCAA Title? ok, should the rest of the people on that team be in the HoF? Should anyone that ever achieves anything in basketball, be in the HoF? I mean if that is your criteria, than by all means give it away like it's candy.

Why does marginal success put someone in the HoF? Are basketball players really that garbage at what they do that any success deems them an entry? I guess a max contract = HoF than? Please, help me understand where you draw the line. I, personally, set much higher criteria for someone to be glorified for eternity vs. celebrated during their playing career — which to me is exactly what Melo deserved in the times he was successful, but as an overall body of work and what he has done for the organizations that he's been on.. Nuggets... Knicks... hell no, he was barely a blip on the radar in what they achieved.

----

I just read one of your other responses. I guess if you are right that any player that scores over 21,000 points is going to the HoF than he'll be there. But that really dilutes the HoF in my books, and downplays the glory of some of the true greats that are in there.

So basically you should have read my previous point on how you seem to be drawing the line on what makes a HOF player at a much higher level than what it actually takes.

Even then, I wouldn't call a guy who's going to be one of the top 10-15 scorers in NBA history 'marginal'. And as I mentioned, it's called the basketball HOF not the NBA HOF so both his NCAA title/MVP and his 4 Olympic teams actually do make a big difference even though he would get in based on his NBA resume alone.

edit: sorry, I thought you were a different poster.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#37 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 am

Because there is a bar for who your favorite player should be, right?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#38 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:56 am

RedX wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Check his accolades bro, just because he hasn't won a championship doesn't mean "He hasn't don't anything".. which makes no sense btw.

No team melo has ever been on has ever even been expected to be in the title conversation.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.

Return to Wiretap Discussion