Russell Westbrook 'Angry, Hurt' By Kevin Durant's Departure

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Russell Westbrook 'Angry, Hurt' By Kevin Durant's Departure 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Since Kevin Durant announced he would sign with the Golden State Warriors, he hasn't spoken with Russell Westbrook.

Westbrook is reportedly "both angry and hurt not only by Durant's decision to leave but also because Durant didn't even call to tell him personally."

Westbrook thought Durant was going to re-sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder and found out his decision online as did everyone else.

Westbrook can become a free agent in 2017.

Via Royce Young/ESPN

Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Re: Russell Westbrook 'Angry, Hurt' By Kevin Durant's Departure 

Post#2 » by Dino353 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Westbrook should stay, Oladipo And Adams are going to be so much better being coached by Billy Donovan plus They have Roberson who Is young And another good defender who will Improve And Is still young. Sabonis Is going to pretty darn good And Is a tough big who will be Able to score in The NBA And be a starter. That said Westbrook should just play The season out And re-sign, he will forever be loved for The rest of his career And Presti will reward him Néxt off-season surrounding him with even more talent.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#3 » by ontnut » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:18 pm

I don't usually get caught up in "celebrity beef", and I am 100% with KD on his decision to go to GSW, but if KD didn't call Westbrook personally to tell him this, combined with the story of KD staying "in bed"/"at home" for 48 hours post-decision, it does look pretty bad on KD. It feels like what a young guy would do when sheepishly breaking up with his long-time girlfriend through voicemail or text. It's a terrible look and honestly, disrespectful to someone who by most accounts, would be considered "family". That's cold, weak, and unacceptable in my books, and Westbrook has the right to be mad.

I can't wait until these guys face each other in the 2016 season. I'm considering buying tickets and flying to the West coast just to watch this game. It's going to be nuts.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#4 » by ontnut » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Dino353 wrote:Westbrook should stay, Oladipo And Adams are going to be so much better being coached by Billy Donovan plus They have Roberson who Is young And another good defender who will Improve And Is still young. Sabonis Is going to pretty darn good And Is a tough big who will be Able to score in The NBA And be a starter. That said Westbrook should just play The season out And re-sign, he will forever be loved for The rest of his career And Presti will reward him Néxt off-season surrounding him with even more talent.

If WEstbrook re-signs, he will be the GOAT in OKC for sure. But do you really think Presti is going to surround him with more talent than KD? How do you propose that will happen? Especially for a guy that is notorious for deconstructing his team in the interest of cap and profit? 3 out of the 4 cornerstones of the "perennial championship contender" team are gone, within what, 3-4 years?
I mean, the potential core that OKC had, would easily rival, if not completely outshadow, the core of the GSW currently.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#5 » by GaaBaaBoo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Nah, he's happy about taking infinite shots per game
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#6 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Westbrook definitely has a right to be hurt. That's supposed to be your teammate and close friend. Durant played himself.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,629

Post#7 » by DE FENSE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:18 pm

DuRAT showing his true colors. Gonna be too easy to root against him and GSW.
wind1975
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#8 » by wind1975 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:31 pm

GaaBaaBoo wrote:Nah, he's happy about taking infinite shots per game

he loves jacking up shots.......good ball player when under control.......when under control...
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#9 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Good. This is good you feel this way. Maybe now you won't play basketball like a complete idiot, and focus more on the team rather than your stat line, or at least stop taking idiotic shot after idiotic shot.

I'd leave your ass too. Durant owes you no explanation.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:47 pm

This. Westbrook has been playing long enough now to where he shouldve adjusted his game if he wanted to win like durant did/does.

No sympathy for westbrook at all. Enjoy 1st round exits, IF YOU make the PO
RIP, magnumt '19

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#11 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Westbrook is going to have a sick fantasy year. Draft him first.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#12 » by likashing » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Durant said he told Westbrook about leaving, but we trust Royce Young who said he didn't talk to Westbrook personally?

[tweet]http://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/751171765167124480[/tweet]
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Hakimbrook
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Hakimbrook » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Wowwww! I actually have pic of Russ and KD together with a quote stating that Durant said "Obviously our relationship won't ever be the same again, but it's something I wanted to do and I explained that to him. Hopefully he respected it" -Durant. and now RealGm with their different narration. What exactly am I supposed to believe?!
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,852

Post#14 » by Woodsanity » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 pm

br7knicks wrote:

This. Westbrook has been playing long enough now to where he shouldve adjusted his game if he wanted to win like durant did/does.

If Durant didn't play like a bum in the playoffs they would have been in the Finals last season but yea blame Westbrook. :crazy:

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#15 » by nikster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:05 pm

br7knicks wrote:Good. This is good you feel this way. Maybe now you won't play basketball like a complete idiot, and focus more on the team rather than your stat line, or at least stop taking idiotic shot after idiotic shot.

I'd leave your ass too. Durant owes you no explanation.

lets ignore the fact that they were virtually best friends off the court for and Durant didnt bother to give Westbrook any notice or indication he was going to leave. If they hated each other like Shaq/Kobe i would get it, but KD and Westbrook had a great relationship
nikster
RealGM

Post#16 » by nikster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:06 pm

likashing wrote:Durant said he told Westbrook about leaving, but we trust Royce Young who said he didn't talk to Westbrook personally?

the question was, "have you talked to Westbrook yet?"

you know, as in after the fact. The question was not "did you talk to westbrook before you made the decision"
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#17 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:07 pm

likashing wrote:Durant said he told Westbrook about leaving, but we trust Royce Young who said he didn't talk to Westbrook personally?

[tweet]http://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/751171765167124480[/tweet]

didn't even call to tell him personally

Yeah, I talked to him

Perhaps KD text messaged him? Use voice mail? Or talked in person? Just didn't call?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
nikster
RealGM

Post#18 » by nikster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:08 pm

br7knicks wrote:

Durant hasnt shown he can adjust his game to win. What adjustments as he made this past 9 years other than joining the Warriors? and he hasnt even shown he can do what it takes to win with them yet
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#19 » by likashing » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 pm

nikster wrote:

the question was, "have you talked to Westbrook yet?"

you know, as in after the fact. The question was not "did you talk to westbrook before you made the decision"

Anthony Slater (Thunder beat writer for The Oklahoman ) quoted Durant on Jul 7, "Have you talked to Westbrook yet?"

Durant said, "Yeah, I talked to him."

If you search on Google, Durant also had a meeting with Westbrook and Collison right before meeting other teams.

They talked/met whatever before, and after, Durant's decision on leaving.

Get rid of your tin foil hat.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
br7knicks

Post#20 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

If Durant didn't play like a bum in the playoffs they would have been in the Finals last season but yea blame Westbrook. :crazy:

oh
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to Wiretap Discussion