Chris Bosh's Return Hinted At By Micky Arison

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Chris Bosh's Return Hinted At By Micky Arison 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Micky Arison hinted at the return of Chris Bosh in a letter to Miami Heat season ticket holders.

Bosh has missed the entire second half of each of the past two seasons due to blood clots.

"What won't change is the culture of this organization. The Miami Heat is a Championship organization. I fully expect this team, from Pat Riley to Head Coach Erik Spoelstra, to our veterans Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, Goran Dragic and Josh McRoberts, to our returning young core of Hassan Whiteside, Justise Winslow, Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson, to the fresh faces joining the Heat Family to continue our mantra of being the 'hardest working, best conditioned, most professional, unselfish, toughest, meanest, nastiest team in the NBA.' "

Via Ira Winderman/South Florida Sun Sentinel

greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Re: Chris Bosh's Return Hinted At By Micky Arison 

Post#2 » by greggschapiro » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:20 pm

There goes the cap space they could have used to get someone who can play past the all star break.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#3 » by LaRance » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:37 pm

heat better keep Bosh healthy and happy cause without him the heat are Nothing! a front court of whiteside and bosh can do you some serious damage.
Salted Meat
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#4 » by Salted Meat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:30 pm

It doesn't mean anything. Chris Bosh is a star whose name you need to sell seasons tickets once your franchise player bolts for a rival city, and until Bosh is medically retired, you operate business under the assumption that he'll be back in the lineup.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#5 » by dautjazz » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:29 pm

I know Bosh loves basketball, and doesn't want to be deemed a quiter, but he's past his prime, and he's going to be playing reduced minutes, games, and missing large portions of the season. He's already made 166M in salary + endorsements, what's the point of sacrificing further your health at this point? To put another 75M? Sure it's a ton of money, but he's probably made north of $200M, and as long as he's not a fool, it'll last him the rest of life living extremely comfortably. If he was like 25, ok sure fine, but he's 32, on his way to 33 this season.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,209

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 pm

dautjazz wrote:I know Bosh loves basketball, and doesn't want to be deemed a quiter, but he's past his prime, and he's going to be playing reduced minutes, games, and missing large portions of the season. He's already made 166M in salary + endorsements, what's the point of sacrificing further your health at this point? To put another 75M? Sure it's a ton of money, but he's probably made north of $200M, and as long as he's not a fool, it'll last him the rest of life living extremely comfortably. If he was like 25, ok sure fine, but he's 32, on his way to 33 this season.

A few holes in you analogy:
32 is not past your prime.
I don't think he cares if people think he's a quitter. (Or if you think he should quit.)
If he is past the blood clot issue there is no immediate reason that he would play reduced minutes or miss large portions of the season.
He's getting paid anyway so money isn't the issue.

My guess is that he just wants to play the game.... because it's a game. Sure, he might be taking a risk. But it's not like he's this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2xmAWS4akE

Return to Wiretap Discussion