Stephen Curry Still Hasn't Gotten Over Game 7 Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Stephen Curry Still Hasn't Gotten Over Game 7 Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 am

Stephen Curry had 17 points, two assists and four turnovers in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, a loss he still hasn't recovered from.

“I still haven’t gotten over Game 7,” Curry said. “That’s something that will stay with me pretty much forever, for good and bad reasons. Obviously you hated the feeling, but it’s also a motivator to come back even stronger and try not to have that feeling again.

“I’m at that point now where I can try to fuel any kind of terrible nightmares or thoughts about Game 7 into motivation for how I’m going to prepare myself for this year.”

Curry and the Warriors below a 3-1 series lead.

“Starting with that night (of Game 7), it kind of was like a surreal feeling at home, kind of like, ‘What just happened?’ because we were so confident we could get it done,” Curry said. “Human nature kind of took in, where I was a little down — kind of naturally. But I was able to kind of just get away, go on vacation with the family (in Hawaii), get in front of the next generation at a couple (basketball) camps, still be around the game but not be depressed at all and understand we’re playing for the Finals and hopefully get another chance at it next year.”

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

HardenTime
Sophomore
And1: 21

Re: Stephen Curry Still Hasn't Gotten Over Game 7 Loss 

Post#2 » by HardenTime » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:15 am

should have never won that mvp in 2015 over james harden. colorism is why he won it, but you get nba voters to admit that'

harden and curry were both drafted in 2009, but despite harden being a sixth man for 3 years of his career, no player has scored more points from that draft class than james harden, in fact harden leads curry in rebounds, steals, and total blocks despite being only 1 inch taller
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#3 » by jamesnamida » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:52 am

HardenTime wrote:should have never won that mvp in 2015 over james harden. colorism is why he won it, but you get nba voters to admit that'

harden and curry were both drafted in 2009, but despite harden being a sixth man for 3 years of his career, no player has scored more points from that draft class than james harden, in fact harden leads curry in rebounds, steals, and total blocks despite being only 1 inch taller

Mr. MVP, stop referring to yourself in the third person please.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#4 » by bakesale » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:25 am

HardenTime wrote:should have never won that mvp in 2015 over james harden. colorism is why he won it, but you get nba voters to admit that'

The real reason Curry won is because he's better than Harden.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#5 » by NBADraft2003 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:34 am

"Steph Curry only won MVP over me because he has lighter skin."

-James Harden

Curry is 6'3, Harden is 6'5.
shanghaifanzi
Senior
And1: 796

Post#6 » by shanghaifanzi » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 am

first learn how to do defense mr harden then we can start talking about MVP
HardenTime
Sophomore

Post#7 » by HardenTime » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:39 am

notice its always asians who crack on harden, they have spread their hate from the bay area around social media and its now infected espn. in 2015 harden led all sg's in defensive win shares and total win shares.. HE WAS ROBBED

http://theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

It was a brisk May night in Oakland, California, when the Golden State Warriors vanquished the Portland Trailblazers to snag a second consecutive berth in the 2016 Western Conference finals.

Before the game, reigning MVP Stephen Curry once again hoisted the Maurice Podoloff Trophy recognizing him as the league’s most-heralded player. As the glee gently took hold in the locker room and spilled into the hallway outside, I spoke to Curry and most of his family — his father, the 16-year NBA veteran Dell, his enchanting mother Sonya, his brother and current NBA player Seth, and his resourceful wife Ayesha. I discussed with them a wide range of issues — faith, fatherhood, feminism, and family values — seeking to gauge how they affect Curry and his loved ones.

Now that the Warriors are entering the NBA Finals to play the Cleveland Cavaliers, Curry’s profile as the league’s best player will be further elevated.

But there is a vexing issue I didn’t raise with Curry and his family — an issue that his celebrity has shined new light on: the difference one’s visibility makes to the race, and to the larger world, if one is light-skinned or dark-skinned.

The politics of shade have shadowed black folk from the time we set foot in North America. Curry’s fame has upped the ante: Suspicion surrounds him because of his light skin, and because he’s been lauded by both the NBA and media establishments. The subliminal message has become explicit: Curry is a brother we may not be able to embrace because the powers that be embrace him too. Curry is not the first black man who makes some black folk uneasy because America loves him as much as we do, but he may be the most popular contemporary figure evoking that dilemma. And Curry’s color is at the heart of that dilemma.

There’s little question that Curry’s skin has inflamed a racial wound that may be invisible to folk outside the culture: the plague of colorism, or skin tone, that has yet to be conquered. Curry’s light skin and its relation to — some would argue the crucial reason for — his broad cultural appeal has not gone unnoticed.

“James Harden doesn’t stand a chance to win the MVP,” a college professor on the West Coast proclaimed in his class when I visited his school in 2015, referring to Curry’s closest competitor for the award. “He’s too dark and ‘too black.’ ”

It should be noted that not all the mentions of Curry’s light skin are as dramatic or negative. Curry appeared on a panel with Harden of the Houston Rockets, Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans and Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2014 to promote the release of the NBA2K video game, where Durant recalled first meeting Curry when they were both 10 years old while playing on the AAU circuit.

the NBA has a lot of asian fans, and they defintely favor nba players due to skin tone. nba voters like kevin ding is one who left james harden completely off his ballot in 2015. along with other nba voters.

jeremy lin will never be as good as harden, harden is a hof talent
DogWhistle
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#8 » by DogWhistle » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:38 am

HardenTime wrote:notice its always asians who crack on harden, they have spread their hate from the bay area around social media and its now infected espn. in 2015 harden led all sg's in defensive win shares and total win shares.. HE WAS ROBBED

It was a brisk May night in Oakland, California, when the Golden State Warriors vanquished the Portland Trailblazers to snag a second consecutive berth in the 2016 Western Conference finals.

Before the game, reigning MVP Stephen Curry once again hoisted the Maurice Podoloff Trophy recognizing him as the league’s most-heralded player. As the glee gently took hold in the locker room and spilled into the hallway outside, I spoke to Curry and most of his family — his father, the 16-year NBA veteran Dell, his enchanting mother Sonya, his brother and current NBA player Seth, and his resourceful wife Ayesha. I discussed with them a wide range of issues — faith, fatherhood, feminism, and family values — seeking to gauge how they affect Curry and his loved ones.

Now that the Warriors are entering the NBA Finals to play the Cleveland Cavaliers, Curry’s profile as the league’s best player will be further elevated.

But there is a vexing issue I didn’t raise with Curry and his family — an issue that his celebrity has shined new light on: the difference one’s visibility makes to the race, and to the larger world, if one is light-skinned or dark-skinned.

The politics of shade have shadowed black folk from the time we set foot in North America. Curry’s fame has upped the ante: Suspicion surrounds him because of his light skin, and because he’s been lauded by both the NBA and media establishments. The subliminal message has become explicit: Curry is a brother we may not be able to embrace because the powers that be embrace him too. Curry is not the first black man who makes some black folk uneasy because America loves him as much as we do, but he may be the most popular contemporary figure evoking that dilemma. And Curry’s color is at the heart of that dilemma.

There’s little question that Curry’s skin has inflamed a racial wound that may be invisible to folk outside the culture: the plague of colorism, or skin tone, that has yet to be conquered. Curry’s light skin and its relation to — some would argue the crucial reason for — his broad cultural appeal has not gone unnoticed.

“James Harden doesn’t stand a chance to win the MVP,” a college professor on the West Coast proclaimed in his class when I visited his school in 2015, referring to Curry’s closest competitor for the award. “He’s too dark and ‘too black.’ ”

It should be noted that not all the mentions of Curry’s light skin are as dramatic or negative. Curry appeared on a panel with Harden of the Houston Rockets, Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans and Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2014 to promote the release of the NBA2K video game, where Durant recalled first meeting Curry when they were both 10 years old while playing on the AAU circuit.

the NBA has a lot of asian fans, and they defintely favor nba players due to skin tone. nba voters like kevin ding is one who left james harden completely off his ballot in 2015. along with other nba voters.

jeremy lin will never be as good as harden, harden is a hof talent

Dyson quotes a college professor who claimed Harden couldn't win the MVP over Curry because, "He's too dark and too black." I promptly stopped reading after that, although I should've known better when I started given that it's Dyson. That is such an asinine and shortsighted remark. The NBA is composed of mostly black players. Fans of the league are well aware of this, and, as is overwhelmingly apparent through the amount of time and money they pour into the NBA, it's nothing short of ignorant to suggest that fans of the league wouldn't want to see a black man win an MVP. Or rather, prefer a white man over a black man to win MVP. It was a close MVP race, Curry had the better team and, statistically, the better season, and he identifies as a black man. Not buying it for one second.
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#9 » by artsncrafts » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Well that was one of the biggest chokes ever so yea, it will take a while to get over.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,960

Post#10 » by Cassius » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:41 pm

artsncrafts wrote:Well that was one of the biggest chokes ever so yea, it will take a while to get over.

Actually, it was THE BIGGEST choke job EVER. I still love the guy and everything he stands for. He and his wife needed a little humble pie anyways, maybe not the pie of biblical proportions though lol
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#11 » by Cassius » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 pm

You're embarrassing us. Please stop. Between 2014 and 2015, Harden's team went from the 2 seed out west to the 8 seed, while Curry's set the record for wins, while he set the 3-point record. When is the last time a player on a team that finishes below 4th in their conference took home the MVP? It doesn't work that way and given all of the REAL racism going on in the US right now, throwing this steaming pile of crap into the mix allows racists to justify their bias.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#12 » by Cassius » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 pm

HardenTime wrote:notice its always asians who crack on harden, they have spread their hate from the bay area around social media and its now infected espn. in 2015 harden led all sg's in defensive win shares and total win shares.. HE WAS ROBBED

So, the greatest Asian player ever played for the Rockets, whose players still get unwarranted All-Star votes to this day... Maybe that's why the are extra critical of Harden, there is a huge Asian Rockets following.

Moreover, if you're a writer and you can pick between the guy with a wife and kid... or the strip club mainstay that was recently linked to a Kardashian, who are you voting for, all things being equal?
Cassius
RealGM

Post#13 » by Cassius » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:58 pm

And another thing, you left out the last paragraph of that article:

Of course, the reason that such quarrels over the politics of black skin matter is because Curry is arguably the most uniquely gifted and widely celebrated player in the league today. It will undoubtedly not help him win a single game, but he must be credited with perhaps his biggest assist: getting under our skin and forcing us to openly and honestly address an ancient injury to our black psyches. When it comes to blackness, Curry may be light-skinned, but he’s no lightweight.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#14 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:19 pm

MAN ---- UP ----
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#15 » by LLJ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Cassius wrote:
artsncrafts wrote:Well that was one of the biggest chokes ever so yea, it will take a while to get over.

Actually, it was THE BIGGEST choke job EVER. I still love the guy and everything he stands for. He and his wife needed a little humble pie anyways, maybe not the pie of biblical proportions though lol

Curry was bad, but there were worse choke jobs. It wasn't John Starks 1994 NBA Finals Game 7 bad, but still bad.

Now as a team, yes, that was the biggest choke job by a team ever. 73 wins. You gotta win the chip if you do that.
HardenTime
Sophomore

Post#16 » by HardenTime » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

LLJ wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Curry was bad, but there were worse choke jobs. It wasn't John Starks 1994 NBA Finals Game 7 bad, but still bad.

Now as a team, yes, that was the biggest choke job by a team ever. 73 wins. You gotta win the chip if you do that.

curry has been awful in 2 finals. the zionists shuld have chosen harden over curry to challenge lebron
Cassius
RealGM

Post#17 » by Cassius » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:49 pm

LLJ wrote:
Cassius wrote:

I mean, that was one game for Starks. Kobe almost shot his team out of a ring in game 7 of 2010 against the Celtics (6 of 24!) but Bynum, Gasol and Odom cleaned the offensive glass to save the title. I was referring to this year being the first time a team had ever given up a 3-1 lead, so statistically speaking, he was the head of the biggest collapse in Finals history.

Return to Wiretap Discussion