Cavs Receiving Trade Calls On Iman Shumpert

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cavs Receiving Trade Calls On Iman Shumpert 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:15 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have received interest from several teams on the availability of Iman Shumpert.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are one of the teams that has expressed interest in Shumpert.

With J.R. Smith re-signed, the Cavs could consider trading Shumpert. While the Cavs won't salary-dump Shumpert, they could save considerably on the luxury tax if they find a move that makes sense.

Cleveland has Smith, Mike Dunleavy and Richard Jefferson on the wing along with LeBron James.

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Cavs Receiving Trade Calls On Iman Shumpert 

Post#2 » by Cassius » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:31 pm

So they have a starting SG in Smith and Lebron. Between MDJ, RJ and Shump, that's about 82 games total of health.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#3 » by MitchB3 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Shumpert to the Wolves would be a nice addition, he would bring another defensive mind player, and some type of leadership. What the Wolves really need to do is to move on from Nikola Pekovic and contract. I have a good feeling that the Wolves may really end up surprising people this year.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#4 » by CoolKids » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Lmao at shump being a leader. the guy is a punk and a clown.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#5 » by 12footrim » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Cassius wrote:So they have a starting SG in Smith and Lebron. Between MDJ, RJ and Shump, that's about 82 games total of health.

I get Gilberts tax bill but this doesn't help them win games. Not only are Duleavy and RJ injuried they are old. Either could fall off a cliff any day now. They need the depth if nothing else to hope to compete with the Warriors. Shumpert isn't great but he has shot 40% from three in a season. It's certainly not impossible that he could bounce back and do that and defend and it's not like there are tons of wings like that out there. Last year even with this struggles he still at the #23 RPM of SG's and was a superior defender. #15 the year prior. He's 26 years old too. Right now is the exact next 2 or 3 years is the very time he SHOULD have his best season ever. Now's not the time to get cheap. Certainly need something back for him.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
nshidbaby
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#6 » by nshidbaby » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:41 pm

12footrim wrote:
Cassius wrote:So they have a starting SG in Smith and Lebron. Between MDJ, RJ and Shump, that's about 82 games total of health.

I get Gilberts tax bill but this doesn't help them win games. Not only are Duleavy and RJ injuried they are old. Either could fall off a cliff any day now. They need the depth if nothing else to hope to compete with the Warriors. Shumpert isn't great but he has shot 40% from three in a season. It's certainly not impossible that he could bounce back and do that and defend and it's not like there are tons of wings like that out there. Last year even with this struggles he still at the #23 RPM of SG's and was a superior defender. #15 the year prior. He's 26 years old too. Right now is the exact next 2 or 3 years is the very time he SHOULD have his best season ever. Now's not the time to get cheap. Certainly need something back for him.

If Cavs are staying with Love, then makes sense to stay with Shump. People forget but this team just got together and has been doing everything right as a franchise. This is not the time to be cheap or make drastic trade moves...not the time.
Stay cool, stay calm, stay crazy!
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#7 » by Cassius » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:10 pm

12footrim wrote:

I was agreeing with the argument that this is a terrible idea.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#8 » by 12footrim » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Cassius wrote:
12footrim wrote:

I was agreeing with the argument that this is a terrible idea.

Fact is they already let Mosgov and Delly walk and they REALLY needed Delly for all he brings and to keep Kyrie's minutes in check and healthy. The tax bill is understandable but if you aren't all in they just as well start dismantling and try to get as much out of the tax. You got to pay these guys and keep something close to what you had to even compete with the warriors. What is 80 or 100 million to a multi billionare when winning championships and keeping Lebron happy and there significantly increases the value of the franchise. Think of it as an investment or just get off the pot.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource

Return to Wiretap Discussion