Stephen Curry: We Thought Draymond Green Article Was Ridiculous

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Stephen Curry: We Thought Draymond Green Article Was Ridiculous 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:47 am

Stephen Curry responded to a recent article from ESPN that portrayed Draymond Green as a temperamental teammate.

“Honestly, none of that stuff (the negativity) has crept in,” said Curry. “We have to respond. Obviously the article about Draymond, we all thought it was ridiculous and kind of looking through a keyhole at somebody’s life that you don’t really know about.

“We see every single day what goes on, what a guy like Draymond brings to the table for us, how he makes us better, how KD (Durant) does that for us, what Klay (Thompson) does for us, all the way down the list. And we appreciate everybody’s role. We appreciate what our common goal is. When we get back in the locker room, and practice, and when we’re by ourselves, the mood is pretty solid, something that I’m pretty confident will allow us to have maturity when it comes to the noise around us and how we handle it and not letting that affect how we play on the court and how we see each other and let that get in the way. I’m going to do my part in trying to lead that charge, and make sure it’s all about basketball.”

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

Bball_Truth
Junior
And1: 112

Re: Stephen Curry: We Thought Draymond Green Article Was Ridiculous 

Post#2 » by Bball_Truth » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 am

Draymond Green is the new Dennis Rodman
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#3 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:57 am

Holy **** the Association is ******.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,318

Post#4 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:21 am

Still think draymond's teammates and curry specifically have a right to be resentful towards him after his antics in the playoffs. That said, let's see how he handles himself this season.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:49 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:Still think draymond's teammates and curry specifically have a right to be resentful towards him after his antics in the playoffs. That said, let's see how he handles himself this season.

Resentful is a strong word. I think he realizes that he made a mistake, I think teammates are generally forgiving of one another and I think Curry and company also realize that they wouldn't have been playing in the finals without him.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#6 » by Pennebaker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:37 am

Sounds like damage control.

It doesn't take a psychologist to see that Draymond is emotionally unstable.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:40 am

Pennebaker wrote:Sounds like damage control.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#8 » by Heat_team02 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:02 am

Draymond Green's Locker Room Tirade Almost Caused Police to Intervene

http://nesn.com/2016/10/draymond-greens-2016-locker-room-tirade-almost-forced-police-to-intervene/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#9 » by Simmons25 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 am

Pennebaker wrote:Sounds like damage control.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His mother is the same... you only have to see her rants on twitter and the way she handles herself.

He already cost the Warriors 1 championship... 1 they will never get back.
shanghaifanzi
Senior
And1: 796

Post#10 » by shanghaifanzi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:35 am

he blatanly called his coach Motherf**** during halftime, and yet expect people believe he's not emotionally unstable?? imagine if he did that to pop, carlise, or PJ, i bet his ass won't see any minute on court. there is borderline you got heated for a while and insulting disrespecting your own coach in front of your own teammate
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,689

Post#11 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Are those newsmen really totally useless, or not allowed to ask serious questions? Because my next question would have been, "do you think it's okay to yell at your coach and threaten him with physical violence while calling him a mothereffer? Do you think these are the actions of an emotionally stable player"? I actually like the team and usually defend them (and Durant) on these forums, but why can't they be honest about this? This was a blatantly disrespectful episode, and Green should have been penalized for it by the team. Maybe he was? I don't remember, but still, he should have got at least 5 games for this. You can't do that to your coach. That's not being emotional, that's being a piece of crap.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#12 » by Jody Smokz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Lol at people calling someone they don't know emotionally unstable based on information about an argument they didn't even witness.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#13 » by Bball0000 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:Lol at people calling someone they don't know emotionally unstable based on information about an argument they didn't even witness.

Nah theyre the experts tho. Fans know everything and see everything :) Draymond will be Draymond. They got enough vets to keep him in check.

At end of the day, the guy is a PASSIONATE COMPETITOR, plays the right way, has high bball iq, leads, unselfish, etc. You love having teammates like that as opposed to dudes who are joking on the bench while down 20. All 30 teams would love to have dray on there roster.

Return to Wiretap Discussion