Seth Partnow Went From Blogger To Bucks' Front Office In Three Years

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Seth Partnow Went From Blogger To Bucks' Front Office In Three Years 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Seth Partnow was hired by the Milwaukee Bucks as their director of basketball research during the 2017 offseason following several years of high quality writing about basketball analytics. The Bucks hired Partnow as a part-time consultant in May and made the hire full-time in September.

"It still doesn't feel like going to work. It feels, to some degree, almost like a fantasy camp," Partnow said. "I'm sure that will change as we get into it, but I pinch myself walking into the building every day."

Partnow played basketball at West Anchorage High and played one year at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. After earning an economics degree from Carleton and a law degree from the University of Minnesota, Partnow moved back to Anchorage in 2005.

Partnow worked for years with his mother, Patricia, at their educational consulting firm, Partnow Consulting. In 2013, Partnow decided to begin researching and writing about basketball.

"At its basis, basketball analytics — or any sports analytics — is using information available from the playing of games and things like that to make better decisions about … in-game strategic decisions or a player acquisition and contract decisions," Partnow said.

The goal is to use the information to form "a fuller understanding of what actually matters in terms of winning or losing games," he said.

Partnow was a frequent guest on RealGM Radio before moving to his front office role with his last appearance coming in May.

Via Stephan Wiebe/Alaska Dispatch News

Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,696

Re: Seth Partnow Went From Blogger To Bucks' Front Office In Three Years 

Post#2 » by Yallbecrazy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

2+2 in the house!
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Seth Partnow Went From Blogger To Bucks' Front Office In Three Years 

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:14 am