Stephen Curry: It's Hard To See Myself Anywhere Else

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Stephen Curry: It's Hard To See Myself Anywhere Else 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Stephen Curry said the Bay Area feels like home to him just a few months before he's set to become a free agent for the first time in his career.

“It’s hard to see myself anywhere else,” said Curry.

Curry will come off a four-year, $44 million extension signed in 2012.

While Curry is confident he'll re-sign with the Golden State Warriors, he did also say "curveballs happen all the time."

Kevin Durant will also likely join Curry in free agency.

Via Jason Gay/Wall Street Journal

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Stephen Curry: It's Hard To See Myself Anywhere Else 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:00 am

It's pretty simple - Curry was extremely underpaid on his last deal so Warriors can't expect him to take a discount especially when Grizzlies just paid Mike Conley Jr (never allstar, never mvp, never all-nba) 5 years 153M. Curry's max with bird rights will be around 5 years 175M and I don't see him leaving a single penny on the table especially with multiple teams having cap space next summer to offer him 4 year max deals at around 130M. The troubles Warriors are going to have next year won't be known until the new cba and salary cap figures are announced. Warriors will only have early bird rights to retain KD which means if they are over the salary cap they can only offer him a raise from his previous season salary which will likely be a lot less than the max starting salary he will be entitled to under next year's salary cap. And count on every contending team and big market with cap space from Miami to LA call his agent with max offers - especially since all the contracts offers will be for the same term and amount - 4 year max since KD is not elgible for 5 years and higher raises due to lack of full bird rights with any team. There are also rumors the new cba will have even more penalties for super teams like even stricter luxury tax than what was introduced during the Miami Heat Big 3 era.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#3 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:04 am

I see Curry getting paid but if he has to take discount of some sort to keep that team together he will. He's not big ego guy when it comes to money.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#4 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:07 am

I'm interested what they do about Super teams in CBA as well
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#5 » by likashing » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:26 am

He is not happy only taking 18 shots instead of 20. Let's trade him for a couple of role players and picks. :lol:
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#6 » by hyberx » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:03 am

I am waiting for the White Mamba's insider information of Ws trading Curry to Boston for whatever. :roll:
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,778

Post#7 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:09 am

What, like being able to see into a parallel universe?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#8 » by jlokine » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:33 am

Bring. Him. Home. (to toronto)
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:48 am

Home to Charlotte?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Re: RE: Re: Stephen Curry: It's Hard To See Myself Anywhere Else 

Post#10 » by tribulations » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Sam195 wrote:It's pretty simple - Curry was extremely underpaid on his last deal so Warriors can't expect him to take a discount especially when Grizzlies just paid Mike Conley Jr (never allstar, never mvp, never all-nba) 5 years 153M. Curry's max with bird rights will be around 5 years 175M and I don't see him leaving a single penny on the table especially with multiple teams having cap space next summer to offer him 4 year max deals at around 130M. The troubles Warriors are going to have next year won't be known until the new cba and salary cap figures are announced. Warriors will only have early bird rights to retain KD which means if they are over the salary cap they can only offer him a raise from his previous season salary which will likely be a lot less than the max starting salary he will be entitled to under next year's salary cap. And count on every contending team and big market with cap space from Miami to LA call his agent with max offers - especially since all the contracts offers will be for the same term and amount - 4 year max since KD is not elgible for 5 years and higher raises due to lack of full bird rights with any team. There are also rumors the new cba will have even more penalties for super teams like even stricter luxury tax than what was introduced during the Miami Heat Big 3 era.

Can you elaborate on your comment about super teams? Interested to learn more on this

Sent from my SM-G935F using RealGM mobile app
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#11 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:48 pm

jlokine wrote:Bring. Him. Home. (to toronto)

He was born in Akron :o

what if...
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#12 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:11 pm

I think both Curry and Durant want to see what the final cap number is for 2017-18. I could see Curry and Durant both signing 4 year, $140 million deals.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,185

Post#13 » by Patches Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:27 pm

I love the diplomatic answers we hear from these guys. We heard them all last year from KD. I love my teammates, they're my brothers, I'm happy in OKC, blah blah blah but I'll deal with that decision when it comes. Now Curry can't imagine playing anywhere else but curveballs happen all the time!

Of course I don't blame athletes one bit for playing both sides of the fence. It's the only way to answer the question without answering the question.
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#14 » by gold0259 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:54 pm

One of them or both will sign for less and then others will bit$% because they took less to keep the band together
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#15 » by likashing » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Sam195 wrote:It's pretty simple - Curry was extremely underpaid on his last deal so Warriors can't expect him to take a discount especially when Grizzlies just paid Mike Conley Jr (never allstar, never mvp, never all-nba) 5 years 153M. Curry's max with bird rights will be around [b]5 years 175M [/b]

I stopped reading when you mentioned $175m. Wrong for the projected cap.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#16 » by dk1115 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:30 pm

I might be a GS fan, but I don't think it's biased when I say that GS is the best place to play in basketball right now. For a team with 4 stars, there is very little ego. With the final possession, it'll often go to Curry or Durant first, but after the ball's inbounded, you can add Klay to the mix as to who gets to shoot last.

As for the role players, they come in liking what they do, which is set screens, rebound, and defend. Really proud of this franchise over the past 5 years. They've built a San Antonio-like franchise.

Curry is going to resign, even if it means at a slight discount. 10 million over 5 years means nothing to a man who's going to make 160 million.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#17 » by jlokine » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Donnyxc wrote:

what if...

he went to school in brampton (where tristan thompson is from) and his wife is from toronto. having spent a chunk of his life in toronto, he does have roots here too.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#18 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:55 pm

jlokine wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:

what if...

he went to school in brampton (where tristan thompson is from) and his wife is from toronto. having spent a chunk of his life in toronto, he does have roots here too.

lol I highly doubt He considers Toronto home. He lived there for like 3 years
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#19 » by GaaBaaBoo » Thu Dec 1, 2016 3:48 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
jlokine wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:

what if...

lol I highly doubt He considers Toronto home. He lived there for like 3 years

And then NC?

Return to Wiretap Discussion