LeBron James: Cavs Have To Get Out Of Honeymoon Stage

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James: Cavs Have To Get Out Of Honeymoon Stage 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:39 am

With the Cleveland Cavaliers losing their third straight game, LeBron James said they need to finally move on from their championship run of last season.

"We've got to get out of the honeymoon stage," James said. "That's y'all's headline for tomorrow. I know y'all going to use it."

The Cavaliers lost at Milwaukee and Chicago with a home loss against the Clippers in-between.

"You've got to play the game the right way," James continued. "You've got to battle every night like we ain't won nothing. Last year is last year, and after ring night, it's over with. Now it's a new season and everybody is gunning for us every night, and we have to understand that. The honeymoon stage is over, and it's time to play some real ball and be physical, especially in the trenches. Giving up 78 points is ridiculous. We've got to man up. Everybody."

The three-game losing streak is the first of Tyronn Lue's tenure as head coach.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: LeBron James: Cavs Have To Get Out Of Honeymoon Stage 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:18 am

Maybe they're missing Mozgov and Della?

Can't imagine JR would be very motivated so soon after that contract thing
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#3 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:21 pm

Don't really see that group of players being that hungry for back to back titles. They are vulnerable but then again don't see anyone beating them in the east either except maybe Chicago. Cavs will probably make it to finals by default but lose. It's pretty much human nature to relax and get a little bored when you think you are gonna reach a certain level easily.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#4 » by PDXKnight » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:30 pm

It took them 7 games to beat the warriors. Granted that was a major feat and I and most were impressed but the odds of them repeating that now that the warriors have Durant are next to impossible barring a major injury
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#5 » by saltybs » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:20 pm

Oden2 wrote:It took them 7 games to beat the warriors. Granted that was a major feat and I and most were impressed but the odds of them repeating that now that the warriors have Durant are next to impossible barring a major injury

"Next to impossible"? Bruh. One of the most important lessons I've learned in life is to never speak in absolutes. You lose your credibility when you get things wrong.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,191

Post#6 » by kenwood3333 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:56 pm

The Cavs are just just cruising the regular season and saving their energy for the playoff. Even if they enter the post season as the 8th seed they will come out from the eastern conference barring any major injuries.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#7 » by PDXKnight » Sun Dec 4, 2016 9:34 pm

saltybs wrote:
Oden2 wrote:It took them 7 games to beat the warriors. Granted that was a major feat and I and most were impressed but the odds of them repeating that now that the warriors have Durant are next to impossible barring a major injury

"Next to impossible"? Bruh. One of the most important lessons I've learned in life is to never speak in absolutes. You lose your credibility when you get things wrong.

Next to impossible isn't an absolute last time I checked? Yeah the cavs winning is possible as they will likely be a finals team but a healthy warriors team would be strongly favored as would a Spurs team if they somehow managed to beat the Warriors. I don't think it's too crazy to say the odds are very against the cavs repeating even though I'd love to be wrong

Return to Wiretap Discussion