Mavs May Trade Andrew Bogut Closer To Deadline If Out Of Playoff Hunt

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Mavs May Trade Andrew Bogut Closer To Deadline If Out Of Playoff Hunt 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:51 pm

The Dallas Mavericks have no intention of trading Andrew Bogut at this point in the season.

The Mavericks hope to be able to salvage their season and reenter the playoff picture at some point.

If the Mavericks have no hope of making the playoffs before the trade deadline, they could be motivated to move Bogut. 

Bogut could fetch a first round pick from a contender. Bogut will be a free agent in the 2017 offseason.

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

coopnyc74
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Re: Mavs May Trade Andrew Bogut Closer To Deadline If Out Of Playoff Hunt 

Post#2 » by coopnyc74 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:37 pm

If?
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#3 » by 2011Champs » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:39 pm

Old news. This has been speculation for a few weeks
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:21 pm

Seriously a first rounder? He might not be healthy when the playoffs start. I think Mavs will have to buy him out and how funny would it be if he resigns with the Warriors to get ring #2. Since he was traded in the offseason - I think he is allowed to resign with his former team if the current one waives him by the buyout deadline.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:58 pm

Dang, didn't Bogut and Barnes go from the best team in the league to the worst?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 1:56 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Dang, didn't Bogut and Barnes go from the best team in the league to the worst?

Barnes and Bogut both chose to go to Dallas. Mavs were the only team willing to sign Barnes to a max offer sheet on the first day of free agency when every other team with cap space was waiting on the free agent decisions of Kevin Durant, Al Horford and Hassan Whiteside (the top 3 players projected most likely to switch teams as ufas). If Barnes had held out he could have still got a max deal playing on a better team like Boston or Portland who both would have gone after him when the market cooled. Warriors after confirming Durant's decision basically shopped Bogut to every team with cap space and had deals on the table reportedly with Philly, Dallas and Portland but allowed Bogut to choose his destination as a gesture of gratitude in helping the dubs win their first title. Bogut picked mavs and has to live with it.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#7 » by southern wolf » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:50 am

Would be cool to see him go back to where it started with the Bucks for a playoff run. They need a centre.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:12 am

Sam195 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Dang, didn't Bogut and Barnes go from the best team in the league to the worst?

Barnes and Bogut both chose to go to Dallas. Mavs were the only team willing to sign Barnes to a max offer sheet on the first day of free agency when every other team with cap space was waiting on the free agent decisions of Kevin Durant, Al Horford and Hassan Whiteside (the top 3 players projected most likely to switch teams as ufas). If Barnes had held out he could have still got a max deal playing on a better team like Boston or Portland who both would have gone after him when the market cooled. Warriors after confirming Durant's decision basically shopped Bogut to every team with cap space and had deals on the table reportedly with Philly, Dallas and Portland but allowed Bogut to choose his destination as a gesture of gratitude in helping the dubs win their first title. Bogut picked mavs and has to live with it.

Their decisions are fine. It's just unfortunate that Dirk isn't doing well.

Just pointing it out.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#9 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:05 am

IF they are not in the playoff Hunt? What's gonna happen between now and Feb to get them back in it?
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#10 » by urgal » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:23 pm

Sam195 wrote:

Mavs didn't sign Barnes to that offer sheet on day one, actually they waited until the KD decision.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:40 pm

Sam195 wrote:

Bogut was traded. Not sure I get the part where he picked the Mavs?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#12 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 6, 2016 10:01 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

The Warriors gave Bogut several options of teams to be dealt to, he chose the Mavs over Philadelphia, Dallas, and Houston. Portland had space but the Warriors were not interested in giving him to teams that could possibly threaten them.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 6, 2016 10:02 pm

Sam195 wrote:Seriously a first rounder? He might not be healthy when the playoffs start. I think Mavs will have to buy him out and how funny would it be if he resigns with the Warriors to get ring #2. Since he was traded in the offseason - I think he is allowed to resign with his former team if the current one waives him by the buyout deadline.

Any time I see someone doubt that Bogut is worth a 1st rounder, I cringe.. one of the best Cs in the league when he's on the court. A true defensive QB at a position where defense is not only valuable, its mandatory. So many teams need it, but I've seen MIL fans prefer Henson and POR fans prefer Plumlee.. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Real contenders need anchors, and there are very few in this league.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#14 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:06 am

FNQ wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

The Warriors gave Bogut several options of teams to be dealt to, he chose the Mavs over Philadelphia, Dallas, and Houston. Portland had space but the Warriors were not interested in giving him to teams that could possibly threaten them.

Um...... :lol:
Thanks for the honesty.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:12 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
FNQ wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Um...... :lol:

Not my fault he likes the Mavericks over Dallas.

:oops:

Anyways, chose Mavs over Philly/Houston, and Portland was not an option the W's were interested in. Good catch
Sam195
Analyst

Post#16 » by Sam195 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:29 pm

urgal wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

Mavs didn't sign Barnes to that offer sheet on day one, actually they waited until the KD decision.

Nah they offered him the deal on the first day but KD made his decision during the moratorium so it looked like mavs were waiting out. The moratorium is shorter now because of the deandre debacle that screwed the mavs.

Return to Wiretap Discussion