Carmelo Anthony Would Like Direct Conversation If Knicks Want To Move Him

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Carmelo Anthony Would Like Direct Conversation If Knicks Want To Move Him 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Carmelo Anthony said he hasn't reconsidered waiving his no-trade clause with the New York Knicks.

"I've never even, haven't even thought about that," Anthony said in Toronto when asked about the no-trade clause amid fan and media speculation about the topic, according to reports. "Like you said, I guess there's people talking about it. I don't know, I haven't thought about it. It's not something that I've thought about so far."

Anthony was asked by reporters in Toronto about his no-trade clause because Charley Rosen, a confidant of Knicks president Phil Jackson, wrote a column about the Knicks that included several critiques of Anthony, including the conclusion that "Carmelo Anthony has outlived his usefulness in New York."

Anthony said that if the Knicks would like to trade Anthony, they should approach him about it directly.

"If that's the case, if that's where it's coming from, that side, I guess it's a conversation we should have,'' Anthony said. "If they feel my time in New York is over, I guess that's a conversation we should have."

Anthony appeared frustrated by the topic on Sunday. 

"Listen, if that's how they feel, if that's coming from that side, then that's what's coming from that side. I haven't thought once about that. I hear it, hear all the rhetoric going on out there. I still come to work every day, play and bust my ass, and try not worry about it.''

Via Ian Begley/ESPN

SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Re: Carmelo Anthony Would Like Direct Conversation If Knicks Want To Move Him 

Post#2 » by SeanDaRyan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Best isn't for the Knicks to do is to get rid of Melo now so they can give Rose a max deal in the off season
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#3 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:27 pm

OK my lie detector just broke buddy.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Melo is still a top 10 player in the league. They should deal him now for both Anthonys good and the Knicks good. Anthonys talent has been wasted on the Knicks who can't get their **** together somehow while Lebron has been a part of 2 dynasties in that time period. SMH.., Hopefully they can move forward with Zingis and not screw his career up but if i were Zingis, if things don't improve soon I would look for a trade or bolt as soon as I can. I'm saying this as a 20 year Knick fan. Think about this, the last time the Knicks were relevant, Spreewell and Houston were losing to Robinson and Duncan in the Finals in a lockout shortened season. Just terrible state of affairs in New York.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#5 » by 6_Rings » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm

i think winning teams will stay away from him. he will surely mess with whatever team chemistry they have by playing hero-ball and will whine and pout if prevented otherwise. Only way for him to win a chip is becoming a 6th man on a very good team.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#6 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm

MegaK wrote:Melo is still a top 10 player in the league. They should deal him now for both Anthonys good and the Knicks good. Anthonys talent has been wasted on the Knicks who can't get their **** together somehow while Lebron has been a part of 2 dynasties in that time period. SMH.., Hopefully they can move forward with Zingis and not screw his career up but if i were Zingis, if things don't improve soon I would look for a trade or bolt as soon as I can. I'm saying this as a 20 year Knick fan. Think about this, the last time the Knicks were relevant, Spreewell and Houston were losing to Robinson and Duncan in the Finals in a lockout shortened season. Just terrible state of affairs in New York.

He's not top 10 anymore.. but at the same time he is still far better than the avg realgm poster claims.. somewhere in between

The skill set is still there .. the effort all around, not so much .. I strongly disagree with those worried about him shaking up chemistry too much.. he isn't the absolute black hole non knick fans claim.. he does hit the open man and even has decent vision.. not on the bron level or even close, but he does play team ball when the situation calls for it.. he goes hero ball when the team is a mess, but can you blame him?

He's major flaw is obviously defense.. but that can be said for a ton of good players .. if his list of potential teams increases, there will be several teams trying to get him.. offensively he would improve any team
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

MegaK wrote:Melo is still a top 10 player in the league. They should deal him now for both Anthonys good and the Knicks good. Anthonys talent has been wasted on the Knicks who can't get their **** together somehow while Lebron has been a part of 2 dynasties in that time period. SMH.., Hopefully they can move forward with Zingis and not screw his career up but if i were Zingis, if things don't improve soon I would look for a trade or bolt as soon as I can. I'm saying this as a 20 year Knick fan. Think about this, the last time the Knicks were relevant, Spreewell and Houston were losing to Robinson and Duncan in the Finals in a lockout shortened season. Just terrible state of affairs in New York.

Still top 10 in which league?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#8 » by MegaK » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 pm

The_Hater wrote:

name 10 better players in the league.
The_Hater

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:07 pm

MegaK wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Oh. You were serious.

Melo is still a solid enough player but you really should watch the other 29 teams play more often. He's still a top 50 player but doesn't belong in the top 30 and hasn't been top 10 for 3-4 seasons now. And he's the 2nd best player on a lottery team right now.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#10 » by Maf » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:25 pm

MegaK wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

You're joking right? :crazy: Westbrook, Harden, James, Durant, Curry, Davis, Kawhi, Giannis, Cousins (and I hate him), CP3, Butler, M. Gasol, Lillard, Dray, Blake, PG, Thomas, Wall... that list goes on and on and on.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Lakers619
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Lakers619 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 am

Maf wrote:
MegaK wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

You're joking right? :crazy: Westbrook, Harden, James, Durant, Curry, Davis, Kawhi, Giannis, Cousins (and I hate him), CP3, Butler, M. Gasol, Lillard, Dray, Blake, PG, Thomas, Wall... that list goes on and on and on.

Why the hate on Cousins?
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#12 » by bj2323 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:18 am

Melo to the Kings

Rudy Gay, Caulie Stein, Temple and a 1st rounder
I likes sports
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 am

bj2323 wrote:Melo to the Kings

I doubt melo is trying to go to Sacramento
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#14 » by 2011Champs » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 pm

With a no trade clause isn't it a given that the Knicks would have to have direct conversation with Melo to move him making this a non story?
The_Hater

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Geezez. Melo is better than Gay but the gap isn't that huge. The Kings would just add this to their recent list of reckless, short sighted moves.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 458

Post#16 » by kNicksGmen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm

only logical trades for the knicks involve getting back picks/youth.

if another big name/salary needs to be involved then it should be a 3 team deal where all the knicks get are youth/picks.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#17 » by Maf » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Lakers619 wrote:
Maf wrote:
MegaK wrote:

Why the hate on Cousins?

Can't count how many times he misses shot, starts complaying to referee and doesn't bother to run back on defense. Sacto plays at least 10 times 4 on 5 on defense per game. He shouts on his teammates when they make a mistake. Pulled his teammates of when he want to shake hands after a game with opponent. He is incredibly rude to some newspaper guys. List goes on and on. To me he his terrible teammate, selfish person (I know he buys lots of toys for childrens but I mean selfish as only about me guy).
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#18 » by bj2323 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:32 pm

The_Hater wrote:

Geezez. Melo is better than Gay but the gap isn't that huge. The Kings would just add this to their recent list of reckless, short sighted moves.

True. I heard a report over the summer that Cousins and Melo got tight with one another during the Olympics. I figured they're going to lose Gay this summer anyways, Stein is slowly losing any trade value, and temple is replaceable. Doubt the Kings will attract any big free agents this summer. Besides, Melo and Cousins would be fun to watch lol.
I likes sports

Return to Wiretap Discussion