Ben Simmons Ruled Out For Entire 16-17 Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Ben Simmons Ruled Out For Entire 16-17 Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Ben Simmons will sit out the entire 16-17 season.

Via RealGM Staff Report

shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Re: Ben Simmons Ruled Out For Entire 16-17 Season 

Post#2 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#3 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Philly's afraid he might play well lol.
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#4 » by DoubleO8 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:26 pm

He's been ruled out since October lmao don't be fooled guys.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#5 » by jrob23 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:37 pm

This kid is such a beta fraud. The team is taking the bullets for him. You have to feel for the fans. They thought PHI drafted a generational talent. Instead you're finding out he's a selfish coward. He'll probably leave PHI for brighter lights asap. Don't become attached to him PHI fans. He does not deserve your adoration. This "injury" is all for show. He's been healthy to play for months but is choosing to forego the season so he can be Rookie of the Year next season. Don't be that guy. The guy who actually believes this b.s. and defends him.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#6 » by Case2012 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Such a joke. I knew he was gonna sit out the whole year so he can be eligible for ROY next season. That and the sixers still tanking after they fired Hinkie for doing just that, Sad. Simmons seems like a shady kid too. He wanted to go to LA and he made that very known, then all that stuff with his sister... Now sitting out the whole season with 2-3 month injury... Seems immature and selfish. Sucks for Philly fans. Maybe they should trade him for a top 3 pick this year? 3 top 5 picks in this deep draft might be better for the long term.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#7 » by Goner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Case2012 wrote:Such a joke. I knew he was gonna sit out the whole year so he can be eligible for ROY next season. That and the sixers still tanking after they fired Hinkie for doing just that, Sad. Simmons seems like a shady kid too. He wanted to go to LA and he made that very known, then all that stuff with his sister... Now sitting out the whole season with 2-3 month injury... Seems immature and selfish. Sucks for Philly fans. Maybe they should trade him for a top 3 pick this year? 3 top 5 picks in this deep draft might be better for the long term.

They didn't fire Hinkie for tanking, they fired him to fix the perception he created of the Sixers around the league while still tanking. This is Hinkie's plan still in effect. Everyone thought that the fire sale of assets and accumulation of talent rather than fit/need constituted the totality of Hinkie's plan, but another major facet apparently was slow-rolling the talent infusion by holding high-profile assets out for their rookie years to further the tank.
ChrxstmasCruz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by ChrxstmasCruz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:00 pm

jrob23 wrote:This kid is such a beta fraud. The team is taking the bullets for him. You have to feel for the fans. They thought PHI drafted a generational talent. Instead you're finding out he's a selfish coward. He'll probably leave PHI for brighter lights asap. Don't become attached to him PHI fans. He does not deserve your adoration. This "injury" is all for show. He's been healthy to play for months but is choosing to forego the season so he can be Rookie of the Year next season. Don't be that guy. The guy who actually believes this b.s. and defends him.

Was philly going to the ECF this year? Nope. Can you blame someone coming from Australia to not want to play for the Lakers? Nope. Why so much hate!? Philly is a city of brotherly love and less than sub-par basketball teams since Iverson days. This is good for Philly, now they can properly access their assets and see who's worth building around. Everybody knows Simmons is a facilitator, who WON'T need time to gel, he'll never put up 30PPG but he will rack up plenty assists with the right pieces around him.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:Philly's afraid he might play well lol.

Not gonna lie, I thought this too.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#10 » by TKainZero » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 pm

Philly is such a joke

Are they cursed or just unlucky?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#11 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:45 am

jrob23 wrote:This kid is such a beta fraud. The team is taking the bullets for him. You have to feel for the fans. They thought PHI drafted a generational talent. Instead you're finding out he's a selfish coward. He'll probably leave PHI for brighter lights asap. Don't become attached to him PHI fans. He does not deserve your adoration. This "injury" is all for show. He's been healthy to play for months but is choosing to forego the season so he can be Rookie of the Year next season. Don't be that guy. The guy who actually believes this b.s. and defends him.

Quit acting like it's some minor injury, it's a serious injury that the 76ers want/need to make sure is 100% before he plays. stop trying to act like you have any idea what is actually going on.

Are you also butt hurt because the 76ers aren't letting Embiid play?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#12 » by jrob23 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:20 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:

Quit acting like it's some minor injury, it's a serious injury that the 76ers want/need to make sure is 100% before he plays. stop trying to act like you have any idea what is actually going on.

spoken like a true apologist lmao. I'm not even a PHI fan so...I'm just not a complete moron. You do realize that it was rumored his agent was going to keep him out this season after he got injured? Do you remember how fanboys like you were so ready to defend him and call those rumors silly? And here we are now, he's obviously healthy going by the videos he posts yet he's being held out? Too funny. There's really some gullible fans out there..
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:09 am

jrob23 wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

spoken like a true apologist lmao. I'm not even a PHI fan so...I'm just not a complete moron. You do realize that it was rumored his agent was going to keep him out this season after he got injured? Do you remember how fanboys like you were so ready to defend him and call those rumors silly? And here we are now, he's obviously healthy going by the videos he posts yet he's being held out? Too funny. There's really some gullible fans out there..

My bad.. forgot that rumors were always true.

And how could you know if he's been healthy? Got some inside info? Friends with someone thays friends with someone who is friends with someone that works for the sixers?

Remember Durant had the same injury, came back and re injured it, its possible that the sixers don't want that to happen to him.

I really don't care about Simmons or anyone on the sixers.. I like him but if he ends up a bust I really could not care less.. just think it's ridiculous when clowns hate on people for no reason.

You really are the last person that should be calling anyone a coward.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#14 » by Simmons25 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:29 am

jrob23 wrote:Do you remember how fanboys like you were so ready to defend him and call those rumors silly? And here we are now, he's obviously healthy going by the videos he posts yet he's being held out? Too funny. There's really

LOL the dude is a butthurt Celtics supporter who has been angry against Simmons for some reason. I think he might have slept with his girlfriend.

I think it's quite hilarious really... he thinks rumours someone made up in October about his agent wanting him missing the entire season... which was not only denied but laughed at... at the time... suddenly he thinks it's true because Simons had a set back.

So not only is this Simmons fault... but the 76ers have been in on it all the way along as well apparantly. haha what a joke!

I will tell you who I do trust as I know people in Australia that know him personally and that is Brett Brown. They say he is one of the most honest people they've met. Brown said he was SMS'ing Simmons as he was getting the scan and said he felt like his wife was expecting a child... and when he heard the results of the scan he was shattered and said he wasn't prepared to hear that.

I don't believe for 1 second Brett Brown would be lying about this. It would be so much easier for the 76ers to say "The scan was positiev... but we believe time is running out and Ben would only be able to play 13 games with limited minutes. We don't see the risk of re-injury being worth the reward at this late stage."

If they said that... everyone would have gone... yeah fair enough.. sensible idea to protect a generational talent. They didn't have to lie and say Simmons is still injured. It makes absolutely no sense.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:57 am

Simmons25 wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:Do you remember how fanboys like you were so ready to defend him and call those rumors silly? And here we are now, he's obviously healthy going by the videos he posts yet he's being held out? Too funny. There's really

LOL the dude is a butthurt Celtics supporter who has been angry against Simmons for some reason. I think he might have slept with his girlfriend.

I think it's quite hilarious really... he thinks rumours someone made up in October about his agent wanting him missing the entire season... which was not only denied but laughed at... at the time... suddenly he thinks it's true because Simons had a set back.

So not only is this Simmons fault... but the 76ers have been in on it all the way along as well apparantly. haha what a joke!

I will tell you who I do trust as I know people in Australia that know him personally and that is Brett Brown. They say he is one of the most honest people they've met. Brown said he was SMS'ing Simmons as he was getting the scan and said he felt like his wife was expecting a child... and when he heard the results of the scan he was shattered and said he wasn't prepared to hear that.

I don't believe for 1 second Brett Brown would be lying about this. It would be so much easier for the 76ers to say "The scan was positiev... but we believe time is running out and Ben would only be able to play 13 games with limited minutes. We don't see the risk of re-injury being worth the reward at this late stage."

If they said that... everyone would have gone... yeah fair enough.. sensible idea to protect a generational talent. They didn't have to lie and say Simmons is still injured. It makes absolutely no sense.

Not sure how I got quoted like I was hating on him but I do like Simmons a lot and I think he will be great.. just won't bother me if he ends up not being great because I'm not from philly and not a 76ers fan but I'm also not a hater.

That dude hating on him is ridiculous though.. Simmons didnt want to sit out this year. That guy is acting like he actually knows something.

It's crazy to me that the dude is hating on him for absolutely no reason.

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#16 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:32 pm

...what the hell are you talking about?

Return to Wiretap Discussion