LaMarcus Aldridge Out Indefinitely With Minor Heart Arrhythmia

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LaMarcus Aldridge Out Indefinitely With Minor Heart Arrhythmia 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:16 pm

LaMarcus Aldridge will be out indefinitely due to an occurrence of a minor heart arrhythmia.

All parties have concluded that at the current time it is best for Aldridge to refrain from play until further tests and examinations are completed.

The Spurs will provide updates as appropriate.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge Out Indefinitely With Minor Heart Arrhythmia 

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:28 pm

This can be a scary situation. I am glad that they are putting his health first. Let us all hope for the best for him!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#3 » by castor777 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Man this season is brutal for the players. While LMA's situation isn't an injury, a damn shame we're losing another player for a potentially extended period. Go figure it occurs right before the Spurs-Warriors game that might alter the Western standings.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#4 » by dautjazz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Damn this sucks, hope he improves. Obviously his health matters infinite more than basketball, but this couldnt come at a worse time for the Spurs when they were on the verge of overtaking the Warriors for the #1 seed.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#5 » by streets talking » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 pm

The Bosh Syndrome
Albridge about to become a ESPN analyst
sad
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Post#6 » by beach house » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 pm

no ones gonna believe me but i literally developed a catheter tip for cardiac arrhythmia treatment a few years ago

besides drugs and pacemakers, there are 2 ablative procedures that ideally permanently fix the problem. One involves electrocauterization - very effective but risky. If the cardiologist ablates the wrong spot on the heart, or cardiac activity displaces the catheter during ablation, there runs the risk of ablating a crucial pacemaker node of the heart - which will require one to get a permanent man made pacemaker. The other ablative option is to freeze the spot. This is safer but takes longer, is more painful, and the problem areas can recur because the cryo treatment doesnt kill the problem tissue as "permanently" as electrocauterization

my catheter tip is a electro-cryo hybrid taking the best of both worlds. far from fda approved though, but down the line likely the best option for people suffering from cardiac arrhythmia with arrhythmic nodes adjacent to pacemaker nodes
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#7 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm

beach house wrote:no ones gonna believe me but i literally developed a catheter tip for cardiac arrhythmia treatment a few years ago

besides drugs and pacemakers, there are 2 ablative procedures that ideally permanently fix the problem. One involves electrocauterization - very effective but risky. If the cardiologist ablates the wrong spot on the heart, or cardiac activity displaces the catheter during ablation, there runs the risk of ablating a crucial pacemaker node of the heart - which will require one to get a permanent man made pacemaker. The other ablative option is to freeze the spot. This is safer but takes longer, is more painful, and the problem areas can recur because the cryo treatment doesnt kill the problem tissue as "permanently" as electrocauterization

my catheter tip is a electro-cryo hybrid taking the best of both worlds. far from fda approved though, but down the line likely the best option for people suffering from cardiac arrhythmia with arrhythmic nodes adjacent to pacemaker nodes

I can't imagine anybody making that up with such specificity. Really interesting stuff.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Evolution999
Junior
And1: 93

Post#8 » by Evolution999 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:04 pm

whats woof parkinson white syndrome?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#9 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm

beach house wrote:no ones gonna believe me but i literally developed a catheter tip for cardiac arrhythmia treatment a few years ago

Are you a doctor? Do you have any published clinical research you can share?

I'm not picking on you, just genuinely interested in reading more about this.
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Post#10 » by beach house » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:08 am

Raps in 4 wrote:

not a doctor. im a lawyer actually. do have degrees in biomed engineering though

also no published clinical research until grants and licensing resolve - probably another two years until even beginning to sniff 510k PMN

heres a link to a summary of my work:
https://www.nibib.nih.gov/sites/default/files/Simultaneous%20Cryoanchoring%20and%20RF%20Ablation.pdf
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#11 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 am

beach house wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

not a doctor. im a lawyer actually. do have degrees in biomed engineering though

also no published clinical research until grants and licensing resolve - probably another two years until even beginning to sniff 510k PMN

heres a link to a summary of my work:
https://www.nibib.nih.gov/sites/default/files/Simultaneous%20Cryoanchoring%20and%20RF%20Ablation.pdf

Thanks. Best of luck to you.

I have an arrhythmia myself, which is why I was interested in hearing more about your work.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#12 » by DoItALL9 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 am

Great post and good luck with your work below.
Any guesses to how long he may be out?
Any other players have problems with anything like this?
I believe Hakeem Olajuwon did go thru something like this but I don't remember the details.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,315

Post#13 » by Shem » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:57 am

This heart condition is nothing new. He had issues with it while he was in Portland. He also missed a lot of time his rookie year. Aldridge even did a local commercial for a medical clinic that aired for a few years that helped him with his condition.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas

Return to Wiretap Discussion