Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving early Wednesday morning in Auburn Hills.

Caldwell-Pope was clocked driving 20 miles over the 25 miles per hour speed limit at 2:50 AM.

An officer smelled alcohol and put Caldwell-Pope through sobriety tests, which indicated impairment. 

Caldwell-Pope was issued a ticket for operating while intoxicated after a Breathalyzer test at the Auburn Hills police station registered his blood-alcohol content at 0.08. 

Caldwell--Pope will be a restricted free agent this offseason.

Via Vince Ellis/Detroit Free-Press

Biscayne Beast
Senior
And1: 594

Re: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI 

Post#2 » by Biscayne Beast » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Goodbye max contract.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#3 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:40 pm

So he was right at the legal limit? Either the officer screwed him over by giving him 0 wiggle room, or the officer helped by knocking him down to a more reasonable amount. Not sure which is more likely.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
BernteB
Senior
And1: 905

Post#4 » by BernteB » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:43 pm

what do you need to consume to have 0.08? a piece of liquor candy?
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#5 » by Rhythm043 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:17 pm

No reason to drink and drive. Plus the guy is rich take a cab, get a driver.
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#6 » by BorkLazer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Wait... you can get a ticket for DUI?! I thought that was always a free trip to jail?
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#7 » by ontnut » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:22 pm

BernteB wrote:what do you need to consume to have 0.08? a piece of liquor candy?

For a guy his size, about 3-4 drinks. Probably more, given his muscle mass is above average.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#8 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:29 pm

BernteB wrote:what do you need to consume to have 0.08? a piece of liquor candy?

0.08 is the threshold of the legal limit, this guy was borderline drunk. If it was 0.09, this would be an article about his arrest for drunk driving. Liquor candies would have put him in sugar coma before getting him to that level. Only drinking multiple alcoholic beverages can get you to that point.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#9 » by Lamak » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Biscayne Beast wrote:Goodbye max contract.

first thing that came to mind
Brooklyn Nets
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#10 » by Spintown » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:

0.08 is the threshold of the legal limit, this guy was borderline drunk. If it was 0.09, this would be an article about his arrest for drunk driving. Liquor candies would have put him in sugar coma before getting him to that level. Only drinking multiple alcoholic beverages can get you to that point.

just because he drank doesn't mean he is drunk. I have a breathalyzer at home and ill tell you how these things are never accurate. After a beer you could blow .08, after a shot of hard liquor you could be at .02 it all depends on how much alcohol is left in your mouth or breath. My dad is always able to trick the breathalyzer after about 4-5 shots of johnnie walker black hes still able to blow below the legal limit. While my uncle who had the same amount of drinks as my dad blows like .3 .4 because he likes to craddle the drink and likes to taste the drink. If you are a slow drinker you will always blow a higher BAC then someone like my dad who is a fast drinker no matter if you had a beer or a long island.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#11 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm

KCP on PCP...
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#12 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:03 pm

.08 is the legal limit in Pennsylvania, I thought that was a national thing tbh.

This won't change anything, he'll still get a max contract
greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#13 » by greggschapiro » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:07 pm

BorkLazer wrote:Wait... you can get a ticket for DUI?! I thought that was always a free trip to jail?

Nah it's a ticket and release in most cases if no harm was done.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#14 » by 6_Rings » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:12 pm

he's not too bright
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 pm

It's poor judgment. No doubt.

But he wasn't legally drunk.

Drinking a beer and then speeding home is stupid, but it's a fairly minor traffic violation. Thank goodness no one was injured -- including himself.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#16 » by TKainZero » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:08 pm

doubleC 0725 wrote:So he was right at the legal limit? Either the officer screwed him over by giving him 0 wiggle room, or the officer helped by knocking him down to a more reasonable amount. Not sure which is more likely.

Psst... breathalyzer was administered at police station. They certainly allowed him to sober up before their reading.

And...
20 mph over in a 25 zone!!!
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#17 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Spintown wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

just because he drank doesn't mean he is drunk. I have a breathalyzer at home and ill tell you how these things are never accurate. After a beer you could blow .08, after a shot of hard liquor you could be at .02 it all depends on how much alcohol is left in your mouth or breath. My dad is always able to trick the breathalyzer after about 4-5 shots of johnnie walker black hes still able to blow below the legal limit. While my uncle who had the same amount of drinks as my dad blows like .3 .4 because he likes to craddle the drink and likes to taste the drink. If you are a slow drinker you will always blow a higher BAC then someone like my dad who is a fast drinker no matter if you had a beer or a long island.

Fortunate for us the police don't use a breathalyzer from amazon.com., that would be a better indicator as to why the readings are not always accurate. While these readings are often contested in court for their overall validity, it will be hard to sway anyone on a reading where he was also doing 20 mph over in a 25 mph zone.
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#18 » by Spintown » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
Spintown wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

Fortunate for us the police don't use a breathalyzer from amazon.com., that would be a better indicator as to why the readings are not always accurate. While these readings are often contested in court for their overall validity, it will be hard to sway anyone on a reading where he was also doing 20 mph over in a 25 mph zone.

Who said we bought it from amazon? We bought it from the manufacturer. Usually in these type of cases with a good lawyer the charges would be dropped to "wet reckless"
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#19 » by DoubleO8 » Sat Apr 1, 2017 5:47 am

Damn KCP coo coo

Return to Wiretap Discussion