Warriors Expect Steve Kerr To Return To Bench

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Expect Steve Kerr To Return To Bench 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Bob Myers fully expects Steve Kerr to resolve his health issues and return to the bench without needing to permanently step away from his job as head coach of the Golden State Warriors.

Kerr continues to suffer complications from two back surgeries.

“Look, what he’s facing is fixable,” Myers said. “It’s just finding the issue and solving it. So I think that’s how you have to differentiate what he’s going through with somebody else.”

Kerr didn't coach the NBA-best Warriors in Games 3 and 4 at Portland with Mike Brown assuming the role.

Via NBA.com

Melwing
Sophomore
And1: 40

Re: Warriors Expect Steve Kerr To Return To Bench 

Post#2 » by Melwing » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Imagine LeBron losing the finals to a team coached by Mike Brown :lol:
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Was he starting?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Melwing wrote:Imagine LeBron losing the finals to a team coached by Mike Brown :lol:

haha. That would be perfect. Although i want Lebron to win, that kind of irony doesn't come along too often.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#5 » by 12footrim » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

No pressure or anything.

Seriously if I were Kerr, especially as a man of his wealth I would try to get my health right first and for most. It sounds completely miserable what he's had to deal with. Career would have to take a back seat and if he never coached another game I think he's a hall of famer or would be regarded in a similar prominence.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#6 » by Ganji » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm

12footrim wrote:No pressure or anything.

Seriously if I were Kerr, especially as a man of his wealth I would try to get my health right first and for most. It sounds completely miserable what he's had to deal with. Career would have to take a back seat and if he never coached another game I think he's a hall of famer or would be regarded in a similar prominence.

there was great interview with Bob Myers about this topic, he said that for Kerr coaching was almost a way to cope with the pain, Bob hinted that if Kerr would not coach, it would almost be worse, then all you have is pain, with nothing that would help take your mind of it.

https://soundcloud.com/warriors/bob-myers-jim-rome-show-42717
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#7 » by alienpick » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 am

Melwing wrote:Imagine LeBron losing the finals to a team coached by Mike Brown :lol:

Haha! awesome!

Return to Wiretap Discussion