Jerry West Meets With Clippers Despite Warriors In Finals

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jerry West Meets With Clippers Despite Warriors In Finals 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 2, 2017 2:40 pm

Jerry West met with the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday two days before his current employer, the Golden State Warriors, began playing in their third straight Finals.

West and the Clippers have mutual interest in him joining the franchise in an advisory role.

West discussed the opportunity with Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers.

West is under contract with the Warriors through July and they have interest in retaining him.

“I will tell you I had a very intriguing meeting with the Clippers,” West said. “Steve Ballmer is going to be a sensational owner. But I’m 79 years old and I know how much that I value the game of basketball. I know what it’s done for me and I’m still really competitive. I’m just not so sure that anywhere is a good fit for me.”

Via Broderick Turner/Los Angeles Times

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Jerry West Meets With Clippers Despite Warriors In Finals 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:05 pm

If Phil Jackson can get $12 million per year from the Knicks, West would be crazy to not at least listen to the offer from an equally desperate billionaire. Maybe he just wants a high paid advisory role, he is getting pretty old now.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:19 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:If Phil Jackson can get $12 million per year from the Knicks, West would be crazy to not at least listen to the offer from an equally desperate billionaire. Maybe he just wants a high paid advisory role, he is getting pretty old now.

I would imagine that's exactly what he wants. West could have been a full time NBA GM for the past 10 years if he wanted such a position.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 927

Post#4 » by dk1115 » Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:28 pm

When you're 80 years old, do you really care about that 12M?
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#5 » by LaRance » Sat Jun 3, 2017 4:03 pm

dk1115 wrote:When you're 80 years old, do you really care about that 12M?

Well Im sure he still would love to pass down that money to 2nd and 3rd generations of the West family. Even when he's dead and gone. That's house money baby!

Return to Wiretap Discussion