Jan Vesely Receiving Interest From Nets, 76ers, Mavericks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jan Vesely Receiving Interest From Nets, 76ers, Mavericks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 5, 2017 4:01 pm

Jan Vesely is receiving interest from multiple teams about a return to the NBA. The Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks have each expressed interest in Vesely.

Vesely was the sixth overall pick in 2011 by the Washington Wizards ahead of both Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson.

Vesely has been productive playing for Fenerbahce since leaving the NBA.

Via Michael Scotto/Basketball Insiders

Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Re: Jan Vesely Receiving Interest From Nets, 76ers, Mavericks 

Post#2 » by Case2012 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 4:32 pm

"Vesely was the sixth overall pick in 2011 by the Washington Wizards ahead of both Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Instagram: @casetwelve
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#3 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 5, 2017 4:41 pm

Case2012 wrote:"Vesely was the sixth overall pick in 2011 by the Washington Wizards ahead of both Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson."
Uh, so was Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Biyombo, Brandon Knight, and Jimmer--half the players drafted before Klay, and none of whom gave anything more to the team that drafted them than Vesley did. Happens every year, nothing lamer than pretending there's something to mock for teams missing or hitting on draft picks. Vesley wasn't a bad gamble and the draft is basically a crap shoot, every loser GM has his day and every apparent draft genius has a junk streak at some point that contradicts the idea of magic draft intuition.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#4 » by Case2012 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 4:47 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Case2012 wrote:"Vesely was the sixth overall pick in 2011 by the Washington Wizards ahead of both Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson."
Uh, so was Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Biyombo, Brandon Knight, and Jimmer--half the players drafted before Klay, and none of whom gave anything more to the team that drafted them than Vesley did. Happens every year, nothing lamer than pretending there's something to mock for teams missing or hitting on draft picks. Vesley wasn't a bad gamble and the draft is basically a crap shoot, every loser GM has his day and every apparent draft genius has a junk streak at some point that contradicts the idea of magic draft intuition.

I think it's funny, sorry, not sorry. Not mocking anyone either.

I was laughing because the trio of Wall, Beal, and Thompson/Leonard would be playing GS in the finals right now.

All those players were/are better than Jan too, except for Jimmer, who's running China right now apparently. I mean, they're in the League still at least. Chill out bruh
Instagram: @casetwelve
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 7:37 pm

Case2012 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

I was laughing because the trio of Wall, Beal, and Thompson/Leonard would be playing GS in the finals right now.

All those players were/are better than Jan too, except for Jimmer, who's running China right now apparently. I mean, they're in the League still at least. Chill out bruh

Why do people make these statements - had wiz drafted kawhi/klay they win more games in 2011-12 season and most likely don't land the lottery combination that gets them Bradley Beal or even an Anthony Davis.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 5, 2017 9:09 pm

Case2012 wrote: I was laughing because the trio of Wall, Beal, and Thompson/Leonard would be playing GS in the finals right now. h
That's true of pretty much every team if you let them redraft a few times with perfect hindsight. Thirteen teams passed up Kawhi and Giannis, like 25 teams passed on Gobert and J Butler, every team in the league passed up Draymond and Deandre and IT2. That's half the all-NBA guys in the league that most of the league passed on to draft mostly scrubs and ho-hum rotation guys.

Sorry to single you out, just one of the more annoying things for folks to come in and trash execs for making picks like this when they're just what happens in the league. The draft is mostly a gamble--sometimes there are legit bad picks and legit great finds but for the most part it's about unpredictable player development in an insanely fast and athletic league. Vesley was young and big and athletic and had been very good in high-level euro play, and he stunk in the NBA. Every team has had busts at least as bad, and passed on great players at least as embarrassingly.
CJLoizzi
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#7 » by CJLoizzi » Mon Jun 5, 2017 9:23 pm

Case2012 wrote:"Vesely was the sixth overall pick in 2011 by the Washington Wizards ahead of both Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, and Isaiah Thomas
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#8 » by hyberx » Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:26 pm

Case2012 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

While understanding your point, hindsight is 20/20

That is like saying Warriors could have selected Kawhi instead of Klay, so everybody is playing KD/Curry/Kawhi/Green this year. How does that thought sound? 8-)

In reality, had a star player landed on a different team, he might not pan out like he is right now. We would never know. But one thing for sure is that great organization develop their players much better. Just look at the Spurs and Warriors, developing late first rounders, 2nd rounders and even undraftees into stars or very good backups. While bad organizations ruin players with high potential.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#9 » by closg00 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:21 pm

All-3 2011 Wizard draft picks( Vesely, Singleton, & Mack) failed with the Wizards, an indictment of one of the NBAs worst Front Offices.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#10 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jun 6, 2017 2:52 pm

Used to play myCareer in 2k13 and fast forward 2 years. Jan Vesely becomes nasty, basically unstoppable. Like a LMA type that can't miss the long 2 ha
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion