Knicks Have 'So Far' Yet To Find Team To Meet Trade Price On Kristaps Porzingis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Have 'So Far' Yet To Find Team To Meet Trade Price On Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:43 pm

The New York Knicks have "so far" been unable to find a team willing to meet their asking price for Kristaps Porzingis.

Phil Jackson admitted in an interview on the eve of the draft that the Knicks are entertaining offers for Porzingis.

The Boston Celtics are one of the teams engaged with the Knicks on Porzingis as the Knicks attempt to trade into the top-4.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/The Vertical

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Knicks Have 'So Far' Yet To Find Team To Meet Trade Price On Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Phil wants #3, 2018 BKN pick, Jae Crowder, and Jaylen according to the recent article.
This (a trade I mean) could actually happen.

I think Phil knows he won't get Jaylen, both sides playing hardball.

#3, 2018 BKN, and Jae Crowder definitely work though.
If it happens, look for that tonight at draft time.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Re: Knicks Have 'So Far' Yet To Find Team To Meet Trade Price On Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#3 » by Scalabrine » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Donnyxc wrote:Phil wants #3, 2018 BKN pick, Jae Crowder, and Jaylen according to the recent article.

If Ainge doesn't pull the trigger on that because of Jaylen Brown then I would be pretty disappointed if I were a Celtic fan.

As a Knick fan, I am hoping it doesn't happen. If Boston still had the number 1 pick then it would get interesting, but I am not really sold on Tatum/Jackson being sure things.
Go Knicks!
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#4 » by Bobalob » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Donnyxc wrote:Phil wants #3, 2018 BKN pick, Jae Crowder, and Jaylen according to the recent article.

Hmm If im Boston I'd rather trade a third lottery pick (2019) rather than jaylen brown.

If Phil comes out with Josh Jackson, Jaylen Brown, and 2018 Nets he may not be as dumb s we think?? (when u factor in Porzingas possible injury concerns and the pretty much fact that Porzingas aint resigning in 2 years)
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#5 » by Bobalob » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:52 pm

If im a Knicks fan and by tomorrow morning we have Jaylen Brown, Josh Jackson, and Dennis Smith, and the 2018 Nets pick (a big man heavy draft)

Ehhhhhh do we owe Phil an apology?
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#6 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:02 pm

This is a nice return IMO (as someone who doesn't want to trade him)..
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#7 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Bobalob wrote:If im a Knicks fan and by tomorrow morning we have Jaylen Brown, Josh Jackson, and Dennis Smith, and the 2018 Nets pick (a big man heavy draft)

that return is unrealistic.. you'd have to kiss the man's friggin feet..
mwm78
Senior
And1: 159

Post#8 » by mwm78 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Bobalob wrote:If im a Knicks fan and by tomorrow morning we have Jaylen Brown, Josh Jackson, and Dennis Smith, and the 2018 Nets pick (a big man heavy draft)

That would be a nice haul for KP, I think the issue is many felt that at 21 KP was and is the face of a struggling franchise with little in the way of stability, they feel he was the only real rock the team had going forward and to see Phil seeking to trade him publicly isn't sitting well, the deal you mention (made up) would probably make some feel better as it fills a lot of spots with up and coming potential stars... I for one would get over it if that kind of deal can be made but you have to get a "great deal" or you keep KP.

Return to Wiretap Discussion