Clippers Believe Blake Griffin Will Re-Sign

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers Believe Blake Griffin Will Re-Sign 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:30 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers believe they will be able to re-sign Blake Griffin following their trade of Chris Paul.

Griffin and Paul were both scheduled to be free agents and it was unclear if they would re-sign both players.

Griffin is expected to receive interest from the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat.

Via Broderick Turner/Los Angeles times

Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Re: Clippers Believe Blake Griffin Will Re-Sign 

Post#2 » by Lava Rock Kid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Why would the clippers resign him. Without paul the Clippers will be worse. Unless their is a big signing that we don't know about.

I love Griffin, but he cant seam to stay healthy. In the west you get slightly worse and you are lotto bound. If they resign Griffin and a mid tier free agent, I see them at best 9th in the west. Might as well let oft injured Griffin walk, or sign and trade him and be really bad next year and get the lotto pick and start rebuilding.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#3 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Re-sign or resign
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#4 » by Dino353 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Nothing wrong with him coming back, this team might be better with Beverley's defense and Lou Williams scoring off the bench. The Clippers always played better without Paul anyway and when the offense ran through Blake.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Re-Sign and trade for picks at the trade deadline.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#6 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Dino353 wrote:Nothing wrong with him coming back, this team might be better with Beverley's defense and Lou Williams scoring off the bench. The Clippers always played better without Paul anyway and when the offense ran through Blake.

5-6 this past when Blake played and Paul didn't,
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Ainge might try to keep his assets and sign both Griffin and Hayward as ufas. That would be a coup and you wouldn't have the underlying drama of PG does he want to be here or is his heart in LA but he signed an extension just to get paid.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#8 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 pm

I just think LAC had their limelight and hit the ceiling.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#9 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 pm

How polite of the Clippers. As soon as the Lakers show signs of life, their crosstown rivals dutifully abandon all hopes of competing and start retooling for the future. Blake isn't staying for that, and they better move Jordan while his value is high.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#10 » by Pukovnik » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:04 pm

I think its hilarious how two years ago Griffin and Paul flew to Houston to talk DeAndre Jordan to back off signing for Dallas and stay in LA, now both of them will leave the Clippers and leave Jordan playing for a lottery team. Talk about karma.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#11 » by Case2012 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Why the hell does LA need 2 teams? Or NY for that matter? Move the Clippers to Seattle already. The city wouldn't be losing ANYTHING and wouldn't have ANYTHING to complain about.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#12 » by Sam195 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Pukovnik wrote:I think its hilarious how two years ago Griffin and Paul flew to Houston to talk DeAndre Jordan to back off signing for Dallas and stay in LA, now both of them will leave the Clippers and leave Jordan playing for a lottery team. Talk about karma.

DJ IS A UFA NEXT SUMMER - IF BOTH CP3 AND GRIFFIN ARE GONE THAN EXPECT CLIPPERS TO DEAL HIM TOO AND BLOW IT ALL UP. BALLMER SHOULD KICK THE RIVERS FAM OUT OF TOWN TOO - FATHER & SON. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HIRING AN AGING LOGO IN JERRY WEST FOR WHAT LOOKS LIKE AN ARSON & REBUILD PROJECT?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Pukovnik wrote:I think its hilarious how two years ago Griffin and Paul flew to Houston to talk DeAndre Jordan to back off signing for Dallas and stay in LA, now both of them will leave the Clippers and leave Jordan playing for a lottery team. Talk about karma.

Terrible, terrible move.

Blake is leaving without CP3.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Post#14 » by Don Tommy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
Dino353 wrote:Nothing wrong with him coming back, this team might be better with Beverley's defense and Lou Williams scoring off the bench. The Clippers always played better without Paul anyway and when the offense ran through Blake.

The problem with stats like this is that the team was playing without their starting PG. Next year they won't have CP3 but they will have someone else that's capable of starting.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Don Tommy wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

The problem with stats like this is that the team was playing without their starting PG. Next year they won't have CP3 but they will have someone else that's capable of starting.

To act like someone thinks the clippers might be better with Beverly as their starting PG instead of CP3 is ridiculous.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

zkysr123
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#16 » by zkysr123 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Sam195 wrote:

DJ IS A UFA NEXT SUMMER - IF BOTH CP3 AND GRIFFIN ARE GONE THAN EXPECT CLIPPERS TO DEAL HIM TOO AND BLOW IT ALL UP. BALLMER SHOULD KICK THE RIVERS FAM OUT OF TOWN TOO - FATHER & SON. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HIRING AN AGING LOGO IN JERRY WEST FOR WHAT LOOKS LIKE AN ARSON & REBUILD PROJECT?

*YOU*NEVER*KNOW*,*IT*MAY*HAVE*BEEN*WEST*WHO*ENCOURAGED*THE*DEAL*BECAUSE*HE*WAS*GOING*TO*LEAVE*ANYWAYS*AND*IS*OVERATED*!!!CAN*I*GO*BIGGER*THAN*ALL*CAPS???
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#17 » by Clemenza » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Blake and CP3 can't stand each other. I believe Blake will re-sign with us. He has to be elated that Paul is finally out of the way with his nonstop dribbling routine on every possession. Plus Blake isn't really friends with other NBA players outside of DJ. I don't believe he's into the teaming up with other players and ring chase. He just wants to stay in LA and hit the Improv up for comedy routines.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,212

Post#18 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 pm

zkysr123 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

*YOU*NEVER*KNOW*,*IT*MAY*HAVE*BEEN*WEST*WHO*ENCOURAGED*THE*DEAL*BECAUSE*HE*WAS*GOING*TO*LEAVE*ANYWAYS*AND*IS*OVERATED*!!!CAN*I*GO*BIGGER*THAN*ALL*CAPS???

YESSS!!!

But why?
Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Post#19 » by Don Tommy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:20 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
Don Tommy wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

To act like someone thinks the clippers might be better with Beverly as their starting PG instead of CP3 is ridiculous.

That's not what I said. What I said is that the Clippers will be better with Beverly than Austin Rivers or Ray Felton as the starting PG, which also eats at their depth. Take away any teams best player and it affects not only the starting lineup but their depth as well.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by IAMZOOTED » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Don Tommy wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
Don Tommy wrote:

That's not what I said. What I said is that the Clippers will be better with Beverly than Austin Rivers or Ray Felton as the starting PG, which also eats at their depth. Take away any teams best player and it affects not only the starting lineup but their depth as well.

The person I originally replied to said that they could be better and he said they've been better when CP3 was out and they ran their offense through Griffin. The point of my comment was just to point out that they have not been better when Blake played and CP3 doesn't.

Return to Wiretap Discussion