Ben McLemore Finalizing Deal With Grizzlies

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Ben McLemore Finalizing Deal With Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:24 am

Ben McLemore and the Memphis Grizzlies are finalizing a deal.

The Sacramento Kings declined to tender a qualifying offer to McLemore, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Ben McLemore Finalizing Deal With Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:59 am

Blows my mind how this guy is so cheap. You have someone like PJ Tucker putting up 8 ppg and McLemore -- a guy with oodles of potential and who is still very young -- can only get 5 million a year. What a joke. There should be half the league taking a chance on him for that price.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#3 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 10:23 am

Well for starters- Ben has yet to prove anything. When he was drafted he was said to have the highest upside in the draft clearly remains to be seen. Maybe a new environment will be good for him. PJ is a glue guy, he's a workhorse. Have you not seen the intensity that he brings to the floor?
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 11:27 am

I'll take Tucker at 8 mil over Ben at 5. Tucker actually plays with heart and grit...he does the dirty work. I can't say that I've seen tons of Ben but what I have seen isn't encouraging. PJ has the characteristics that any competitive team would want and welcome while Ben seems like the polar opposite.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,191

Post#5 » by kenwood3333 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:23 pm

He should be getting MCW money.

The grizz have a history of overpaying: conley, parson etc..
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#6 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:32 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Blows my mind how this guy is so cheap. You have someone like PJ Tucker putting up 8 ppg and McLemore -- a guy with oodles of potential and who is still very young -- can only get 5 million a year. What a joke. There should be half the league taking a chance on him for that price.

He has Terrence Ross ceiling potential at best. Serviceable starter with athleticism that always frustrates you when he can't take that next jump to star player. Hot and cold, no consistency. Fantastic when hot, cringeworthy when cold.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 4, 2017 7:48 pm

Good luck, hope he can salvage his career with a fresh start
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion