Koby Altman Hired By Cavaliers As General Manager

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Koby Altman Hired By Cavaliers As General Manager 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Koby Altman has been named General Manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Altman has been a member of the Cavs basketball front office for the past five years, most recently serving as Assistant General Manager, having been promoted to that position in September 2016.

Altman has also led the team’s front office over the last five weeks.

“Over the past month, Koby Altman has led our front office group through this transition period, impressing many inside the franchise and outside the organization, as well. We are very excited that he will now be officially leading the basketball side of our franchise. Koby has the credentials, knowledge, experience and instincts to be an outstanding General Manager. In addition to these positive attributes and outstanding relationships around the league, Koby will inspire and impact the best possible culture throughout the organization. We are going to see a capable and passionate leader who will also cultivate new ideas and innovation,” said Gilbert. “The speed of the game is ever faster on the court and in the front offices around our league. I am confident that Koby is equipped and prepared to lead and succeed in this dynamic environment.”

Other notable front office moves are expected soon.

“The past month or so has allowed the opportunity for several other talented and hard-working individuals on the basketball side of our business to demonstrate their deep knowledge and capability. We are looking forward to announcing additional restructuring involving these remarkable executives in the very near future,” concluded Gilbert. Originally joining the Cavaliers in August of 2012 as pro personnel manager, Altman was promoted to director of pro player personnel in September 2013. In his role as assistant general manager, Altman was tasked with player evaluation across all levels of basketball, both domestically and abroad. Altman also oversaw the team’s NBA and G League scouting efforts and played a core role in all aspects of the team’s basketball operations, working closely with the team’s coaches, players and staff.

"I am incredibly grateful to Dan for the opportunity to become general manager of the Cavaliers. His confidence, support and strong commitment to achieving our collective goals is very clear to me and I look forward to continuing our efforts. I am also excited and proud to lead a front office team that will continue to be sharply focused on competing for championships. That challenge is what drives all of us,” said Altman. “Cleveland fans support the Cavs with passion, pride and loyalty. That’s something all of us here have a deep respect for and will never take for granted. We will always work hard and search for creative ideas that will impact our success on the court and in the community.”

Via RealGM Staff Report

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Re: Koby Altman Hired By Cavaliers As General Manager 

Post#2 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Now your first assignment is to trade All-Star guard Kyrie Irving.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#3 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 pm

He definitely has a challenge ahead, should have hired Zarren (Boston) or Zanik (Bucks/Jazz)
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#4 » by haste10176 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Now your first assignment is to trade All-Star guard Kyrie Irving.

Or keep him.. Id keep him for now see how it goes Paul George or Demarcus cousins may become available later in the year if not working out with those teams you can do a trade that may improve the cavs... You might get Demarcus Cousins and a young player for Kyrie... That would be great.. PG13 and a young player another option.. Yes they will have expiring contracts but give you a chance to win.. Maybe some sort of three way deal can be worked out to get you Demarcus and PG13 for Love and Kyrie who knows.. Just sit tight for now no offer will be worth taking at this point..
GraysonDaMeap
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by GraysonDaMeap » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Lol watch as he trades Kyrie and Lebron for Curry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion