Cavs Would Trade Kyrie Irving To Suns For Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, Miami's 2018 FRP

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavs Would Trade Kyrie Irving To Suns For Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, Miami's 2018 FRP 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:50 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns have interest in executing a Kyrie Irving trade.

Eric Bledsoe has been a consistent player included in discussions.

The Suns also own Miami's first-round pick, which is partially protected in 2018. The Cavaliers are also seeking the inclusion of Josh Jackson in a trade. Phoenix has ruled out the possibility of trading Devin Booker.

"If that deal (Bledsoe, Miami first rounder and Jackson) for Irving was there, it'd be done by now," a league source with knowledge of the Cavs' thinking said.

Jackson cannot be traded until after August 4th.

Via Joe Vardon/Cleveland Plain Dealer

ToJoBuckets
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: Cavs Would Trade Kyrie Irving To Suns For Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, Miami's 2018 FRP 

Post#2 » by ToJoBuckets » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:13 pm

no just no...... why don't they just ask for Devin Booker,Len,Warren the draft picks until 2222 while they are at it. This is all for Kyrie for what two years?

Bledsoe, Mia FRP 18, and either Dudley/chandler/Chriss/warren if the Cavs keep trying to fleece the suns the suns should just walk away and let the best offer for the Cavs walk away with it don't play these Gilbert games.
ryguy3711
Sophomore
And1: 28

Re: Cavs Would Trade Kyrie Irving To Suns For Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, Miami's 2018 FRP 

Post#3 » by ryguy3711 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Don't do it Phoenix. Kyrie is good, but it it blows up the plan. If somehow the Cavs will take back someone other than Jackson, I say do it. Or, if the Cavs absolutely must have Jackson, force Cleveland to also take Brandon Knight, and take Shumpert in return.
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#4 » by ooptolebron » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:21 pm

ToJoBuckets wrote:no just no...... why don't they just ask for Devin Booker,Len,Warren the draft picks until 2222 while they are at it. This is all for Kyrie for what two years?

Bledsoe, Mia FRP 18, and either Dudley/chandler/Chriss/warren if the Cavs keep trying to fleece the suns the suns should just walk away and let the best offer for the Cavs walk away with it don't play these Gilbert games.

Somebody tell this guy who Kyrie Irving is. 2 years guaranteed of a young superstar to put next to an up and coming, even younger potential superstar, in exchange for a declining Bledsoe, a semi protected 1st and the #4 pick from this years draft. It's pretty even when you think about it. To get a player of that calibre that will help you contend now, you have to be willing to sacrifice. Quite risky move but it all comes down to how good Jackson ends up. If he ends up being a beast, they might have PTSD but if he's a bust, they will be laughing to the bank.

No one knows whether Kyrie would want to leave in 2019 right now; Suns will give him his own franchise with a budding star under his wing in Booker so if they improve significantly by then he could stay.

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Post#5 » by Years90Suns » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Bender instead of Jackson and it's a deal.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#6 » by Elnegron » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:32 pm

ooptolebron wrote:
ToJoBuckets wrote:no just no...... why don't they just ask for Devin Booker,Len,Warren the draft picks until 2222 while they are at it. This is all for Kyrie for what two years?

Somebody tell this guy who Kyrie Irving is. 2 years guaranteed of a young superstar to put next to an up and coming, even younger potential superstar, in exchange for a declining Bledsoe, a semi protected 1st and the #4 pick from this years draft. It's pretty even when you think about it. To get a player of that calibre that will help you contend now, you have to be willing to sacrifice. Quite risky move but it all comes down to how good Jackson ends up. If he ends up being a beast, they might have PTSD but if he's a bust, they will be laughing to the bank.

No one knows whether Kyrie would want to leave in 2019 right now; Suns will give him his own franchise with a budding star under his wing in Booker so if they improve significantly by then he could stay.

Typical cavs Homer. Want this deal done and talk about who a superstar irving is but behind the screen saying he is not a leader ship him out quick. Yes everybody knows kyrie will opt out. It's business and he will be dumb not to opt out so phoenix will Morgane their future to be in the lottery and see irving leave after 2 years. Kyrie alone won't do nothing in Phoenix not even with Booker specially in the west. This article illustrates how desperate cavs are. Had irving not talk about the 4 teams he would be willing to re-sign, cavs would have gotten even better package than they asking
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#7 » by NatiboyB » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:33 pm

Of course we would do that trade but it's not realistic however I would also do Bledsoe/Warren/Bender or Criss for Kyrie.
stl705
Senior
And1: 152

Post#8 » by stl705 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:45 pm

I think if you're the Suns, you have the Cavs pick 2 out of Jackson, Bender, Chriss, Warren to pair with Bledsoe and call it a deal if they're up for it.
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#9 » by xJumpManx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Kyrie is worth more than just his on court play. Star players want to play with him this will be a win for the Suns in the long run.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#10 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 pm

stl705 wrote:I think if you're the Suns, you have the Cavs pick 2 out of Jackson, Bender, Chriss, Warren to pair with Bledsoe and call it a deal if they're up for it.

That's a better offer than the one the article says the Cavs would take. Chriss or Bender each have greater value than the MIA pick (which will probably be 13-20 next summer).
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#11 » by colaroaster » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:57 pm

Kyrie's jelly knees scare me :talkhand:
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#12 » by cheese318 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:03 am

Without Jackson I believe the Cavs will walk and make Kyrie play ball with LeBron. I would take on Brandon Knight but didn't he just tear his ACL? That's a tough contract to swallow. Too get Jackson is tough since Knight will be out all of next season. Cavs should throw in Tristan Thompson and grab Chandler

ryguy3711 wrote:Don't do it Phoenix. Kyrie is good, but it it blows up the plan. If somehow the Cavs will take back someone other than Jackson, I say do it. Or, if the Cavs absolutely must have Jackson, force Cleveland to also take Brandon Knight, and take Shumpert in return.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#13 » by hyberx » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:04 am

Do we really need these Woulda Coulda Shoulda news everyday until Kyrie is actually traded?
mee2nce408
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#14 » by mee2nce408 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:05 am

Elnegron wrote:
ooptolebron wrote:

Typical cavs Homer. Want this deal done and talk about who a superstar irving is but behind the screen saying he is not a leader ship him out quick. Yes everybody knows kyrie will opt out. It's business and he will be dumb not to opt out so phoenix will Morgane their future to be in the lottery and see irving leave after 2 years. Kyrie alone won't do nothing in Phoenix not even with Booker specially in the west. This article illustrates how desperate cavs are. Had irving not talk about the 4 teams he would be willing to re-sign, cavs would have gotten even better package than they asking

Typical suns homer. Youre right about kyrie leadership but don't pretend that you guys want bledsoe. Suns have been looking to trade him and go young for a couple of years now
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#15 » by Elnegron » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:21 am

mee2nce408 wrote:
Elnegron wrote:
ooptolebron wrote:

Typical suns homer. Youre right about kyrie leadership but don't pretend that you guys want bledsoe. Suns have been looking to trade him and go young for a couple of years now

Am a heat fan and I will trade winslow and dragic for irving. The reason cavs won't do it I'd because they scare of the heat and lebron and girder still salty
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#16 » by Bobalob » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:56 am

Lmfao This is the 3rd time they've posted this headline...all after they also posted that the Suns have made clear Josh Jackson is off the table :lol: Cmon man
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#17 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:36 am

I would not trade Josh Jackson.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#18 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:47 am

After the things Kyrie has come out and said, I don't know what team would even want to have Kryie. Not my team if I had one. And it would be far better off.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#19 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:57 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:After the things Kyrie has come out and said, I don't know what team would even want to have Kryie. Not my team if I had one. And it would be far better off.

What has he said? I haven't heard a single thing he's said that would make him not worth pursuing.... and that includes Stephen A Smith's make-it-up-as-you-go reporting.
nicholas88
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#20 » by nicholas88 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:28 am

The Cav's are Fing crazy. . . . I wouldn't even trade Josh Jackson for Kyrie Irving straight up. Jackson is a potential all-pro, and Irving would only be a 2-year rental.

Plus, Lebron & the Cavs are desperate for a different PG - and it smells - especially, for Lebron's BFF Bledsoe.

Phx has all the leverage.

Do not trade Jackson. . . .

Return to Wiretap Discussion