Blue Jays Running Out Of Time To Extend Donaldson

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Blue Jays Running Out Of Time To Extend Donaldson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 5, 2016 2:30 pm

The Toronto Blue Jays haven't abandoned hope that Josh Donaldson can be signed to a contract extension before his arbitration case is heard later this month.

Arbitration dates are expected to remain confidential until a ruling is announced, but Donaldson's case will be heard before the start of Spring Training.

Donaldson submitted a figure of $11.8 million for arbitration while Toronto went with $11.35 million.

The 30-year-old remains under club control for three more years and he won't be eligible for free agency until after the 2018 season.

Via Gregor Chisholm/MLB

mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Re: Blue Jays Running Out Of Time To Extend Donaldson 

Post#2 » by mawbsta » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:15 am

^^ fitted with an oakland A's photo...
DontCheeseMe
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#3 » by DontCheeseMe » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:18 am

mawbsta wrote:^^ fitted with an oakland A's photo...

Yeah, absurd. C'mon RealGM, you guys are better than that..

Also, this whole situation is RIDICULOUS. Shapiro is REALLY going to fight the run away MVP over half a mill? Are you kidding me?

Yes, I recognize the size of the figure to all of us; but at this level, and the amount of money already being put in AFTER he's given zero bleeps towards clubhouse culture? Pay the man. He's been a steal especially at what we paid him even last year. This is dumb.

Shapiro and 'good ol' Teddy Rogers the III written all over this. Ugh.
IG: @dontcheeseme
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,448

Post#4 » by KrazyP » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:04 pm

I dont understand why the Jays are being so cheap.....a sign of things to come. FU Rogers.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#5 » by AbC? » Mon Feb 8, 2016 1:01 am

DontCheeseMe wrote:
mawbsta wrote:^^ fitted with an oakland A's photo...

Yeah, absurd. C'mon RealGM, you guys are better than that..

Also, this whole situation is RIDICULOUS. Shapiro is REALLY going to fight the run away MVP over half a mill? Are you kidding me?

Yes, I recognize the size of the figure to all of us; but at this level, and the amount of money already being put in AFTER he's given zero bleeps towards clubhouse culture? Pay the man. He's been a steal especially at what we paid him even last year. This is dumb.

Shapiro and 'good ol' Teddy Rogers the III written all over this. Ugh.

Read this and be enlightened

https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontobluejays/comments/40qt2y/psa_arbitration_is_a_40_year_old_process_the/

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion