Rams Interested In Trading For Nick Foles

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rams Interested In Trading For Nick Foles 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:47 pm

The St. Louis Rams have interest in trading for Nick Foles.

Foles could be made available this offseason by the Philadelphia Eagles as they also have interest in trading up for Marcus Mariota.

The Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans could also have interest in Foles.

"Love him," one NFL coach said of Foles. "Right now I would put him in the second or third tier of quarterbacks, but I think he is right on the cusp of being in the top tier at the position."

Foles inability to escape pressure was highlighted last season as the offensive line suffered through a season of injuries and poor play. 

Foles has been quiet since his injury, but did make it clear in his lone interview that he expects to be with the Eagles next season.

"I expect to be back here," Foles said. "I expect to be the quarterback. I love my teammates, and I expect to be back out there leading them and winning some games. I'm excited to come back better than I ever have been."

Via Eliot Shorr-Parks/Star-Ledger

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Re: Rams Interested In Trading For Nick Foles 

Post#2 » by the_process » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:24 am

If the Eagles can get an asset for Foles they can turn around and use to move up for Mariota, then yep see ya later Foles.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#3 » by Slava » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:56 pm

oyoyer wrote:If the Eagles can get an asset for Foles they can turn around and use to move up for Mariota, then yep see ya later Foles.

If the Rams have an asset worth getting Marriotta, they'll do it themselves.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#4 » by the_process » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Slava wrote:
oyoyer wrote:If the Eagles can get an asset for Foles they can turn around and use to move up for Mariota, then yep see ya later Foles.

If the Rams have an asset worth getting Marriotta, they'll do it themselves.

Except they supposedly want to trade for Foles. You're not trading for Foles as a backup. If that's the idea then the Rams can forget it. And I didn't mean one specific asset, I meant an asset they could add to a package to move up and get Mariota.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion