Joey Bosa, Chargers Finally Agree Upon Four-Year Deal

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Joey Bosa, Chargers Finally Agree Upon Four-Year Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:22 pm

The San Diego Chargers and Joey Bosa have finally agreed upon a four-year deal.

The announcement late Monday morning came five days after the two sides went public in their nasty spat over payment of Bosa's $17 million signing bonus and whether the contract would have offset language.

Bosa was the third overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft and has been expected to play a key role in the Chargers' defense.

Via AP

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,367

Re: Joey Bosa, Chargers Finally Agree Upon Four-Year Deal 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 pm

About time! Beware of the Chargers this year!
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Post#3 » by juduking » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:About time! Beware of the Chargers this year!

Their offense should be pretty good now that Wisenhunt is back calling plays. The AFC west may be the toughest division in the NFL this year.
"Ball Don't Lie"!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:33 am

juduking wrote:

Their offense should be pretty good now that Wisenhunt is back calling plays. The AFC west may be the toughest division in the NFL this year.

I expect it. If their OL is improved enough, they may still finish last in the division, but they won't be an easy out each week because Rivers can typically keep up with any offense with time in pocket. Keenan Allen who led the NFL and was on record pace halfway through the season last year before going out the rest of the season with injury is back and Melvin Gordon worked out with Adrian Peterson in offseason and already had two 40 yard tds in preseason could be much improved. Got a new young deep threat who had like 800 yards with Browns QBs should do better with Rivers and young defensive guys getting better like Manti Teo. Adding a top pick in Bosa and having an improved secondary, Manning's retirement, etc, helps too.

If you are a big NFL fan, the NFL forums are picking up, particularly the NFL general forum, so you should stop by!
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Post#5 » by juduking » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
juduking wrote:

I expect it. If their OL is improved enough, they may still finish last in the division, but they won't be an easy out each week because Rivers can typically keep up with any offense with time in pocket. Keenan Allen who led the NFL and was on record pace halfway through the season last year before going out the rest of the season with injury is back and Melvin Gordon worked out with Adrian Peterson in offseason and already had two 40 yard tds in preseason could be much improved. Got a new young deep threat who had like 800 yards with Browns QBs should do better with Rivers and young defensive guys getting better like Manti Teo. Adding a top pick in Bosa and having an improved secondary, Manning's retirement, etc, helps too.

If you are a big NFL fan, the NFL forums are picking up, particularly the NFL general forum, so you should stop by!

Im a Lions fan through and through, but my Mom is from San Diego, so I keep an eye on the Chargers as well. I hope they do well for the city this year and they end up staying put. Thanks for the heads up. I check realgm everyday and there's never much going on outside of the NBA wiretaps so I wasn't aware the forums are busier.
"Ball Don't Lie"!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:59 pm

juduking wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
juduking wrote:

Im a Lions fan through and through, but my Mom is from San Diego, so I keep an eye on the Chargers as well. I hope they do well for the city this year and they end up staying put. Thanks for the heads up. I check realgm everyday and there's never much going on outside of the NBA wiretaps so I wasn't aware the forums are busier.

Feel free to join our NFL Picks against the spread competition as well. Link in my sig or just go to top of NFL General Forum. We also have some opening Saturday College football game threads in the NCAA forum. Yes, sports dead right now...can't wait for football to start.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion