Colin Kaepernick Receiving No Interest Despite QB-Needy Teams

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Colin Kaepernick Receiving No Interest Despite QB-Needy Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Colin Kaepernick hasn't visited a single team since the start of free agency and even quarterback-needy teams don't appear to be interested.

Players of Kaepernick's caliber usually get multiple shots but there are a number of factors working against him.

"He can still play at a high level," one AFC general manager said. "The problem is three things are happening with him.

"First, some teams genuinely believe that he can't play. They think he's shot. I'd put that number around 20 percent.

"Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or [President Donald] Trump will tweet about the team. I'd say that number is around 10 percent. Then there's another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

"Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can't stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won't move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did."

One executive even called him "an embarrassment to football."

Kaepernick plans on standing for the national anthem this season.

Via Mike Freeman/Bleacher Report

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Re: Colin Kaepernick Receiving No Interest Despite QB-Needy Teams 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Worth noting that woman-beater Greg Hardy got more chances to rehab his career than political activist Colin Kaepernick.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#3 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 pm

I think this was an obvious outcome if he didnt stay in San Fran.

I mean no one has given Ray Rice a chance yet either.
It Is I Folks
Junior
And1: 46

Post#4 » by It Is I Folks » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Ha! That's what he gets. When your mediocre/borderline scrub you can't afford to do this. Let this be a lesson to the others
ryaningf
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,738

Post#5 » by ryaningf » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Lol, football executives are the dumbest, the most groupthink infected sport in existence.
The leaks are real...the news is fake.

I'm just here for the memes.
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#6 » by chipchipperson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:12 pm

It Is I Folks wrote:Ha! That's what he gets. When your mediocre/borderline scrub you can't afford to do this. Let this be a lesson to the others

Do what? Speak your mind or peacefully protest? Go jump in a lake.
It Is I Folks
Junior

Post#7 » by It Is I Folks » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

chipchipperson wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:Ha! That's what he gets. When your mediocre/borderline scrub you can't afford to do this. Let this be a lesson to the others

By disrespecting the country that gave him his freedom, the country he lives in. Go jump in a pile of turd nerd
chipchipperson
Junior

Post#8 » by chipchipperson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 pm

It Is I Folks wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:

By disrespecting the country that gave him his freedom, the country he lives in. Go jump in a pile of turd nerd

You disrespect the country by trying to pick and choose who is free to do what, and how they should be punished for their perceived "crimes". Freedom only exists to protect offensive actions, you silly goose.
It Is I Folks
Junior

Post#9 » by It Is I Folks » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 am

chipchipperson wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:

You disrespect the country by trying to pick and choose who is free to do what, and how they should be punished for their perceived "crimes". Freedom only exists to protect offensive actions, you silly goose.

You and I know both know that protesting won't change a thing. He just made himself look foolish and deservingly cost him a job to this point. Change doesn't begin with the disrespecting of the flag, you ugly duckling
chipchipperson
Junior

Re: Colin Kaepernick Receiving No Interest Despite QB-Needy Team 

Post#10 » by chipchipperson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:46 pm

It Is I Folks wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:

You and I know both know that protesting won't change a thing. He just made himself look foolish and deservingly cost him a job to this point. Change doesn't begin with the disrespecting of the flag, you ugly duckling

A flag is a piece of cloth. The national anthem is a relic that represents values that the government of this country no longer stands for, if it ever did. I don't support the endless foreign interventions of this thieving, garbage government. I don't support wars for profit or the war on drugs, both of which began with the sole purpose of destabilizing and crippling already impoverished areas for the sake of fattening the pockets of glorified tyrants. I don't support forced taxation to pay for these horrendous policies and whatever else those trillions are used for. And I don't support the government and military that propogates what I consider objectively evil actions. You know what the beautiful thing is? I have no obligation to, since at this point in time I am a relatively free human being with the so-called God given right to think what I like and say what I like. Because it offends your precious feelings, I shouldn't be allowed to think or speak it without retribution? I bet you'll be a big fan of the communism this country moves into within the next few decades.
Change doesn't begin with protest? What the **** are you talking about? The only way horrible policies are EVER changed is through protest. Why else would they ever be changed? Through some act of benevolance from the people who put those policies in place in the first place?
Since none of these things affect you personally, you don't mind that people are being **** up by our wonderful government from here to the other side of the globe. Fine. That's your prerogative. As to the topic at hand, you've yet to make a rational point as to what Kaep did to deserve any retribution. All you've done is repeat the same "don't disrespect my precious flag" nonsense.
Well keep on keeping on with your nonsense, you flag-waving, applie pie eating herb. And keep on pretending that the flag you respect so much represents anything that it ever claimed to stand for.
It Is I Folks
Junior

Re: Colin Kaepernick Receiving No Interest Despite QB-Needy Team 

Post#11 » by It Is I Folks » Tue Apr 4, 2017 7:34 pm

chipchipperson wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:

A flag is a piece of cloth. The national anthem is a relic that represents values that the government of this country no longer stands for, if it ever did. I don't support the endless foreign interventions of this thieving, garbage government. I don't support wars for profit or the war on drugs, both of which began with the sole purpose of destabilizing and crippling already impoverished areas for the sake of fattening the pockets of glorified tyrants. I don't support forced taxation to pay for these horrendous policies and whatever else those trillions are used for. And I don't support the government and military that propogates what I consider objectively evil actions. You know what the beautiful thing is? I have no obligation to, since at this point in time I am a relatively free human being with the so-called God given right to think what I like and say what I like. Because it offends your precious feelings, I shouldn't be allowed to think or speak it without retribution? I bet you'll be a big fan of the communism this country moves into within the next few decades.
Change doesn't begin with protest? What the **** are you talking about? The only way horrible policies are EVER changed is through protest. Why else would they ever be changed? Through some act of benevolance from the people who put those policies in place in the first place?
Since none of these things affect you personally, you don't mind that people are being **** up by our wonderful government from here to the other side of the globe. Fine. That's your prerogative. As to the topic at hand, you've yet to make a rational point as to what Kaep did to deserve any retribution. All you've done is repeat the same "don't disrespect my precious flag" nonsense.
Well keep on keeping on with your nonsense, you flag-waving, applie pie eating herb. And keep on pretending that the flag you respect so much represents anything that it ever claimed to stand for.

When has protesting changed anything recently?
Better yet, do you live in this country? And if so, you hating everything it supposedly has become and what not, why are u still living here? No one forcing you right?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion