Bettman: Hurricanes 'Not Moving'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bettman: Hurricanes 'Not Moving' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 pm

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says Carolina Hurricanes fans shouldn't worry about losing their team to Quebec City.

Bettman swiftly knocked down speculation about a possible relocation of the Hurricanes on Saturday during All-Star Weekend, saying the league is committed to keeping the team in Raleigh, North Carolina.

"The club is not moving," Bettman said.

Via ESPN.com

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Re: Bettman: Hurricanes 'Not Moving' 

Post#2 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:56 am

Damn crook.

Didn't stop Quebec or Winnipeg from leaving in the first place why the double standard?

I'll tell you why, its because the NHL uses the Canadian teams to subsidize the bottom shelf, financilly, American teams. Quebec will bring big bucks to the NHL in an expansion fees, resulting in huge debt for team owners resulting in sky high ticket prices. Why would Bettman allow an established team to simply move to a cash cow market and lose out on the expansion money haul.

Creep has as much integrity as Donald Trump.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Bettman: Hurricanes 'Not Moving' 

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:24 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:Damn crook.

Didn't stop Quebec or Winnipeg from leaving in the first place why the double standard?

I'll tell you why, its because the NHL uses the Canadian teams to subsidize the bottom shelf, financilly, American teams. Quebec will bring big bucks to the NHL in an expansion fees, resulting in huge debt for team owners resulting in sky high ticket prices. Why would Bettman allow an established team to simply move to a cash cow market and lose out on the expansion money haul.

Creep has as much integrity as Donald Trump.

Nothing that escapes Buttplug's mouth resonates true.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion