Re: Which team had the best trade deadline?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team had the best trade deadline? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 pm

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Bucks
4. 76ers
5. Suns
6. Pistons
7. Nuggets
8. Blazers
9. Rockets
10. Celtics
11. Other
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#2 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Wow I thought Heat got fleeced. No more bench and Dragic will have to play at a much slower pace on the Heat and play defense now. Will give the Heat a temporary spark but not much for the top teams in the East to worry about.

Thunder just added another bigman who has some offensive skills, DJ is one of the best backup PG's and two lights out shooters, good job!

Suns got 2 first rounders! That is more valuable than Dragic imo
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#3 » by esperanzafleet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:55 pm

i dont know how the pistons arent immediately at the top of this list.. augustin and singler for reggie jackson? with the added bonus of losing jerebko?

1Pistons
2Thunder
3Heat
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#4 » by gom » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:19 am

DarthDiggler69 wrote:Wow I thought Heat got fleeced. No more bench and Dragic will have to play at a much slower pace on the Heat and play defense now. Will give the Heat a temporary spark but not much for the top teams in the East to worry about.

Thunder just added another bigman who has some offensive skills, DJ is one of the best backup PG's and two lights out shooters, good job!

Well, to be fair, though, Norris Cole & Danny Granger weren't really doing it for us. Justin Hamilton's only time was in blow out losses. I guess that leaves Shawne Williams who started well and then stalled (along with the rest of the team) when Dwyane Wade went down.

Our bench now is like this:

Guards: Mario Chalmers, Shabazz Napier, Zoran Dragic, Tyler Johnson
SF: James Ennis
PF: Udonis Haslem, Josh McRoberts
C: Chris Andersen

We're fully expecting to sign another wing and a fellow for the power rotation. I'm hoping it will be Khem Birch or Quincy Miller for PF and I'd like to get Michael Beasley or Andray Blatche too. Of course if Emeka Okafor (back injury) or Larry Sanders (emotional issues) can play that would be fine too. We could also try Greg Oden again.

So, I don't see our bench worse really.

I hated to give up the draft picks, but we're used to that.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#5 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 am

1. Thunder
2. Bucks
3. Heat

the rest of the teams making moves does nothing for me. It was moves to shake things up. A bad team trading to max out Reggie Jackson for example is not "good". A bad team trading for a bad deal like Isaiah Thomas is not "good". The Rockets adding K.J. McDaniels is nice, but they're still the Rockets.
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#6 » by Cicero » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:46 am

Listen, I'm happy for the Heat, major PG upgrade, they've gone from bad to okay...but TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS? Is a second round loss in the Eastern playoffs worth TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS? Hell, even if they make it to the Finals, which I still consider unlikely even with this upgrade, do you REALLY think they'll even scratch whatever blood-splattered survivor comes out of the West? Seriously, this may be a big improvement for the Heat because their PG rotation was trash, but how much do you think this REALLY moves the dial for them in terms of going anywhere actually significant? They were making the playoffs anyway. This changes what, exactly, that is worth mortgaging the future for?
Basically, I'm kind of skeptical of all the overhyping of this trade, especially consider how much more first round picks are worth in this day and age. With Wade getting older, I definitely look at this trade as one of those trades that'll be looked back at with chuckles and regret, especially if something comes out of those picks for the Suns. It's a "WIN NOW!!!" move for a team that realistically isn't going to win that much right now.

And the Thunder? Are all you guys on crack or something? Listen, I like Enes Kanter, but not only is he a defensive liability, but last I checked he was asking for HAYWARD LEVEL MONEY for his extension and his camp thinks he's the goddamn Turkish Hakeem or something. Does Presti think he can convince him to come down from those contract delusions? Can the Thunder really afford to give Enes Kanter even close to what he and his insane camp think he's worth? It's nice you don't have to max out Reggie Jackson (but you're going to majorly miss his Spurs-killing bursts and I don't know if I'm as frightened of Enes Kanter tbh, but whatever Reggie was moping and no longer that guy) but you might have to deal with a crazy Turk thinking he deserves to be maxed out.

It's gotta be the Rockets and the Bucks for me. There's justifiable skepticism regarding MCW potentially being straight up trash, but I like the long-limbed Spider-bucks getting even longer and lankier and I like the idea of MCW under Kidd's tutelage.
Meanwhile I'm straight up jealous of the Rockets nabbing KJ McDaniels, rumored attitude issues aside. Nice move Dork Elvis.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#7 » by JazzMatt13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:55 am

I like how I always see Jazz being ignored in the most simplest of fashions.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#8 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:50 am

JazzMatt13 wrote:I like how I always see Jazz being ignored in the most simplest of fashions.

They get nothing for Kanter and get to buyout Perkins. What exactly are we over looking? They get cap space, which no one of good quality will take to come to Utah. So now the Jazz will overpay to fill their roster with mediocre talent they're now paying a higher cost to. Unless you are all about Tibor Pleiss or a OKC 1st rounder, I don't get how they're being "ignored".
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#9 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:53 am

Cicero wrote:And the Thunder? Are all you guys on crack or something? Listen, I like Enes Kanter, but not only is he a defensive liability, but last I checked he was asking for HAYWARD LEVEL MONEY for his extension and his camp thinks he's the goddamn Turkish Hakeem or something. Does Presti think he can convince him to come down from those contract delusions? Can the Thunder really afford to give Enes Kanter even close to what he and his insane camp think he's worth? It's nice you don't have to max out Reggie Jackson (but you're going to majorly miss his Spurs-killing bursts and I don't know if I'm as frightened of Enes Kanter tbh, but whatever Reggie was moping and no longer that guy) but you might have to deal with a crazy Turk thinking he deserves to be maxed out.

They got someone to take Kendrick Perkins off their roster, got a starting center of quality to use down they're stretch trying to make the playoffs in a loaded west, and vastly upgraded their bench while dumping a player who wants max money in Jackson that is NOT a max player. They upgraded for right now the best, which is the point.

As for Kanter on a new deal, Presti has shown he doesn't take demands (Harden) and isn't afraid to call the bluff of a player and roll the dice. If Kanter doesn't like it, he can leave. OKC is actually attractive to come to (until Durant walks).
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#10 » by Cicero » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:03 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
Cicero wrote:And the Thunder? Are all you guys on crack or something? Listen, I like Enes Kanter, but not only is he a defensive liability, but last I checked he was asking for HAYWARD LEVEL MONEY for his extension and his camp thinks he's the goddamn Turkish Hakeem or something. Does Presti think he can convince him to come down from those contract delusions? Can the Thunder really afford to give Enes Kanter even close to what he and his insane camp think he's worth? It's nice you don't have to max out Reggie Jackson (but you're going to majorly miss his Spurs-killing bursts and I don't know if I'm as frightened of Enes Kanter tbh, but whatever Reggie was moping and no longer that guy) but you might have to deal with a crazy Turk thinking he deserves to be maxed out.

They got someone to take Kendrick Perkins off their roster, got a starting center of quality to use down they're stretch trying to make the playoffs in a loaded west, and vastly upgraded their bench while dumping a player who wants max money in Jackson that is NOT a max player. They upgraded for right now the best, which is the point.

As for Kanter on a new deal, Presti has shown he doesn't take demands (Harden) and isn't afraid to call the bluff of a player and roll the dice. If Kanter doesn't like it, he can leave. OKC is actually attractive to come to (until Durant walks).

Yeah I guess there are some points for this argument, I was just kind of concerned regarding the fact that signs point to Kanter having an even more delusional idea of himself than Reggie, guess we'll just have to see how all these trades look in a year or so.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Re: Re: Which team had the best trade deadline? 

Post#11 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 am

There's kind of that unwritten rule that it's better to overpay a bigman than a guard when guards seem to be easier to find (in theory, not in talent). Just like most GMs won't trade a bigman of talent for a guard.
skoharry
Junior
And1: 20

Post#12 » by skoharry » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:07 am

gom wrote:
DarthDiggler69 wrote:Wow I thought Heat got fleeced. No more bench and Dragic will have to play at a much slower pace on the Heat and play defense now. Will give the Heat a temporary spark but not much for the top teams in the East to worry about.

Well, to be fair, though, Norris Cole & Danny Granger weren't really doing it for us. Justin Hamilton's only time was in blow out losses. I guess that leaves Shawne Williams who started well and then stalled (along with the rest of the team) when Dwyane Wade went down.

We're fully expecting to sign another wing and a fellow for the power rotation. I'm hoping it will be Khem Birch or Quincy Miller for PF and I'd like to get Michael Beasley or Andray Blatche too. Of course if Emeka Okafor (back injury) or Larry Sanders (emotional issues) can play that would be fine too. We could also try Greg Oden again.

actually it will be
PG - chalmers/tyler johnson
SG - nappier/dragic
SF - ennis/salmons
PF - mcroberts/haslem
C - anderson/?(bc i think they will sign someone)
Defense and rebounding wins games
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#13 » by gom » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:28 am

skoharry wrote:
gom wrote:

actually it will be
SG - nappier/dragic
SF - ennis/salmons
PF - mcroberts/haslem

Hi! Salmons isn't on our team. He was sent to Phoenix when they sent Norris Cole to New Orleans.
Zoran, Goran's brother can also pay SF.
We have two roster spaces.

I really don't think our bench is too bad. It would be nice if we get some help in the front court though.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
skoharry
Junior
And1: 20

Post#14 » by skoharry » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 pm

gom wrote:
skoharry wrote:
gom wrote:

actually it will be
SG - nappier/dragic
SF - ennis/salmons
PF - mcroberts/haslem

Hi! Salmons isn't on our team. He was sent to Phoenix when they sent Norris Cole to New Orleans.
Zoran, Goran's brother can also pay SF.
We have two roster spaces.

I really don't think our bench is too bad. It would be nice if we get some help in the front court though.

sorry didn't see that. well seeing as how you have 2 spots available i would look at these guys
SG/SF - garcia, delfino, or brewer
SF/PF - outlaw, beasley, daye, clark, or r.lewis
PF/C - thabeet, moultrie, i.johnson, or faverani
i didnt list any pg because you are set there
Defense and rebounding wins games

Return to Polls Discussion