Should the Mavericks go into a full rebuild?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Should the Mavericks go into a full rebuild? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:20 pm

1. Yes
2. No
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Re: Should the Mavericks go into a full rebuild? 

Post#2 » by nba2k16 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:05 pm

They should but Cuban's ego is bigger than Texas and wont let that happen

Instead lets overpay Matthews and JJ Barea and sign Deron Williams who should be retired bc i have nothing better to do with our cap space and would love to cripple this team for eternity
lekasjeda
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#3 » by lekasjeda » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:58 pm

nba2k16 wrote:They should but Cuban's ego is bigger than Texas and wont let that happen

Instead lets overpay Matthews and JJ Barea and sign Deron Williams who should be retired bc i have nothing better to do with our cap space and would love to cripple this team for eternity

Donnie Nelson ANd Cuban, and hell the entire front office. It's not much of an organization if one guy is making the moves. And they have too much respect for Dirk to go into full rebuild. Dirk took a paycut on the last contract he signed to win a championship, so they're true to their word.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#4 » by nba2k16 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:14 pm

lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:They should but Cuban's ego is bigger than Texas and wont let that happen

Donnie Nelson ANd Cuban, and hell the entire front office. It's not much of an organization if one guy is making the moves. And they have too much respect for Dirk to go into full rebuild. Dirk took a paycut on the last contract he signed to win a championship, so they're true to their word.

But are they being true to their word? They promised Dirk a legit chance at a championship and this roster as constructed is FAR from that

If they really wanted to keep their promise they would be better off trading him to a contender at this point

Or rewrite his contract to make him earn more to make up for the fact they are not going to contend, kind of like they already did for Matthews and Barea (although I completely disagreed with giving those two more $)
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#5 » by mj_shoefanatic » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:19 pm

I hope they rebuild for decades.
lekasjeda
Sophomore

Post#6 » by lekasjeda » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:27 am

nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:

But are they being true to their word? They promised Dirk a legit chance at a championship and this roster as constructed is FAR from that

If they really wanted to keep their promise they would be better off trading him to a contender at this point

Or rewrite his contract to make him earn more to make up for the fact they are not going to contend, kind of like they already did for Matthews and Barea (although I completely disagreed with giving those two more $)

They are true to their word. They were able to to get Tyson chandler, Rajon Rondo, Parsons last year, they just failed to perform (mostly because Rondo's attitude). This year Rondo and Chandler left (and monta), and they got Wesley Matthews and deron williams. If you ask me, that's not too bad.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#7 » by nba2k16 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:13 am

lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:

They are true to their word. They were able to to get Tyson chandler, Rajon Rondo, Parsons last year, they just failed to perform (mostly because Rondo's attitude). This year Rondo and Chandler left (and monta), and they got Wesley Matthews and deron williams. If you ask me, that's not too bad.

I'm sorry but an aging Deron Williams who just wants a homecoming, plus injured and overaid Wes Matthews + overrated Parsons with f*king Zaza Pachulia as the starting center is nowhere near a championship contender, not even in the East. The bench isn't any better with Barea, Harris, Fat Felton and not much else significant
AJ37
Junior
And1: 322

Post#8 » by AJ37 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Fully expect them to go into rebuild when Dirk calls it quits.
lekasjeda
Sophomore

Post#9 » by lekasjeda » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

I'm sorry but an aging Deron Williams who just wants a homecoming, plus injured and overaid Wes Matthews + overrated Parsons with f*king Zaza Pachulia as the starting center is nowhere near a championship contender, not even in the East. The bench isn't any better with Barea, Harris, Fat Felton and not much else significant

Wes got injured when the the playoffs started, injuries happen. Parsons is still young and can get better, They got a couple young pieces on the bench as well who can learn from vet's like dirk. And D will is 31, and can still bring it.
knicksup19
Pro Prospect
And1: 200

Post#10 » by knicksup19 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:33 am

lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:

Wes got injured when the the playoffs started, injuries happen. Parsons is still young and can get better, They got a couple young pieces on the bench as well who can learn from vet's like dirk. And D will is 31, and can still bring it.
ImageThe big three in the House!!! LOL]
knicksup19
Pro Prospect
And1: 200

Post#11 » by knicksup19 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:37 am

im going to start off saying yes i am a knicks fan and we are far away from being as good as dallas, yes i do agree we are way worse than dallas.. so spare me the knicks suck rebuttal. With that said the mavs lineup as of today isnt anywhere close to a title conternder.. SA CLips CLE GSW And MEM IMO are clearly better than them maybe even hou
ImageThe big three in the House!!! LOL]
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#12 » by nba2k16 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:01 am

lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:

In the west, the following teams have a better roster for sure:
Clippers, Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Rockets, Grizzlies, Pelicans

That is already 7 teams and so Dallas would have to earn the 8th seed. Suns are looking decent and I would argue even the Jazz and TWolves could do better with the all the young talent and newfound depth they both have. I would agree Mavs are better than Blazers, Nuggets and Lakers.

Even if Dallas got the 8th seed they would get destroyed by whoever is the 1st seed in the first round. I'm sorry but they are done now
lekasjeda
Sophomore

Post#13 » by lekasjeda » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:50 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

That is already 7 teams and so Dallas would have to earn the 8th seed. Suns are looking decent and I would argue even the Jazz and TWolves could do better with the all the young talent and newfound depth they both have. I would agree Mavs are better than Blazers, Nuggets and Lakers.

Even if Dallas got the 8th seed they would get destroyed by whoever is the 1st seed in the first round. I'm sorry but they are done now

And that's what people thought in 2011, the ones that just look at a roster and assume that teams going to win. Hahahahaha
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#14 » by nba2k16 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:09 am

lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:

And that's what people thought in 2011, the ones that just look at a roster and assume that teams going to win. Hahahahaha

Lol....

Although Dallas was a surprise to win the title, they still had a solid team and they were a definite contender to make the playoffs. The roster now is much much weaker than the 2011 one. In 2011 they were projected by pretty much everyone to make the playoffs, although most people would not have projected them to win. This year however, their roster is far and away worse than many other teams and there are questions as to whether they can even make the playoffs. No way they get by the bloodbath of teams at the top of the West.
lekasjeda
Sophomore

Post#15 » by lekasjeda » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 am

nba2k16 wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

Lol....

Although Dallas was a surprise to win the title, they still had a solid team and they were a definite contender to make the playoffs. The roster now is much much weaker than the 2011 one. In 2011 they were projected by pretty much everyone to make the playoffs, although most people would not have projected them to win. This year however, their roster is far and away worse than many other teams and there are questions as to whether they can even make the playoffs. No way they get by the bloodbath of teams at the top of the West.

Idk, i feel like they got good pieces and and still think d will still got the same skill he had with utah. Its just a matter of everything clcking. Bt we ll see
aman1230
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#16 » by aman1230 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:30 pm

They should pick up kenith farried man's by himself and also look at 6ers for some pieces also hornets mkg is doing **** all there :o

Return to Polls Discussion