What grade do you give the Rockets for their trade for Ty Lawson?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Rockets for their trade for Ty Lawson? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:29 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,202

Re: What grade do you give the Rockets for their trade for Ty Lawson? 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 am

It's funny to think about but Lawson may be the piece that Makes the Rockets a contender. They are instantly less predictable on offense!
lekasjeda
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#3 » by lekasjeda » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:23 am

I know he's an alcoholic any everything,but Ty can really change the rockets. he's like the suckier version of cp3
theclizzle
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#4 » by theclizzle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:38 am

Houston fan

When I heard it went down I really thought we gave alot. The exchange of picks between diff rounds and years is sorta worthless, and nick johnson has great potential imo... so B

Based off:

Ty Lawson Agrees To Make Contract Non-Guaranteed For 16-17 -- With Ty Lawson in rehab for alcohol abuse, the non-guaranteed season gives the Rockets peace of mind should another issue arise.

Still say about a B although this makes me much happier.
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,010

Post#5 » by BlzMwt » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 pm

i gave it an A except maybe a B would be more appropriate considering there is some risk... especially in a locker room that doesn't feature the best leadership/mentors

given dwight's passive/joking manner, harden doesn't seem entirely vocal as a leader, possibly ariza but i don't know if people will fall him in line because of him. McHale seems like he is so desperate at times, searching for anything that will work

anyways as a clipper fan i dont like this trade, because it pushes the rockets back into even more of a contender than they already were
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#6 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:57 am

Rockets run away looking like bandits here

Should be an A+
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#7 » by gold0259 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Ty, PB, & Jet. Htown will be able to go small with the best of them.
CEOSports
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#8 » by CEOSports » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 pm

BlzMwt wrote:i gave it an A except maybe a B would be more appropriate considering there is some risk... especially in a locker room that doesn't feature the best leadership/mentors

given dwight's passive/joking manner, harden doesn't seem entirely vocal as a leader, possibly ariza but i don't know if people will fall him in line because of him. McHale seems like he is so desperate at times, searching for anything that will work

anyways as a clipper fan i dont like this trade, because it pushes the rockets back into even more of a contender than they already were

You clearly have no idea who does what in the locker room
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,010

Post#9 » by BlzMwt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:06 pm

CEOSports wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:i gave it an A except maybe a B would be more appropriate considering there is some risk... especially in a locker room that doesn't feature the best leadership/mentors

and what was it that I said that was wrong?
theclizzle
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#10 » by theclizzle » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:20 pm

BlzMwt wrote:
CEOSports wrote:

and what was it that I said that was wrong?

If I could speculate... I would say that since the 2014 FIBA team, Harden has transformed as a player. He was a key player on that team if you don't remember. I mean ****... he was the one who held up the trophy. He is very vocal off the court and usually is the person to speak in the tunnel from the Instagram stuff I've seen ect. Now you may be on point with Dwight, other than his mentality totally shifts come playoffs for the most part. I didnt see anything too wrong with your post though *-*
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 144

Post#11 » by Rashidi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Trade is an easy A, they needed to open up roster spots to begin with, getting a starting caliber-player back who voluntarily made his final year non-guaranteed is icing on the cake.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#12 » by totalrekall » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:01 pm

I cant give them anything more than a C. sure they didnt give up much and they got a talented player. the catch is he apparently also has a fairly serious problem w/ alcohol. two DUIs in 6 months indicates a serious problem. those are the two times he got caught. there very likely may have been hundreds of times he committed the crime w/o getting caught. in all honesty he is a danger to society. if they can rehabilitate him might be an even better player. in the meanwhile its a major distraction to the team and if it doesnt go well his mere presence is harmful to the team

Nuggets won the trade obviously bc they got rid of a problem and got something in return! it didnt even matter what. they dumped their problem on someone else. kind of surprising there was a trade market for him. I would have thought they would have to cut him and take the contract hit. the Nuggets are in a rebuilding phase around Mudiay so trading Lawson was an absolute necessity considering they are both PGs and Lawson would have been a rotten off court influence on their potential star of the near future
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#13 » by GaaBaaBoo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:27 am

The answer is B.

Can't believe so many people got it wrong.
psyclone1982
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#14 » by psyclone1982 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:42 am

The answer is A.

Can't believe so many people got it wrong.
eckoner
Sixth Man
And1: 208

Post#15 » by eckoner » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:41 am

totalrekall wrote:I cant give them anything more than a C. sure they didnt give up much and they got a talented player. the catch is he apparently also has a fairly serious problem w/ alcohol. two DUIs in 6 months indicates a serious problem. those are the two times he got caught. there very likely may have been hundreds of times he committed the crime w/o getting caught. in all honesty he is a danger to society. if they can rehabilitate him might be an even better player. in the meanwhile its a major distraction to the team and if it doesnt go well his mere presence is harmful to the team

Nuggets won the trade obviously bc they got rid of a problem and got something in return! it didnt even matter what. they dumped their problem on someone else. kind of surprising there was a trade market for him. I would have thought they would have to cut him and take the contract hit. the Nuggets are in a rebuilding phase around Mudiay so trading Lawson was an absolute necessity considering they are both PGs and Lawson would have been a rotten off court influence on their potential star of the near future

Well thought out post!......I do agree with just about everything you stated but i also feel the ROCKS have nothing to loose. The argument could be that he potentially could disrupt team chemistry and you could also argue that the Rocks are supporting a menace to society..a bit of a stretch but the media has turned agels into demons since the advent of media lol

I want to give the guy a chance only after he shows he is seriously dealing with his demons.
St Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#16 » by St Knick » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Reminds me of when the Knicks traded for Sprewell in '99 after he was suspended for choking PJ Carlesimo. In the sense that they traded for a difference maker for pennies on the dollar due to off the court issues.

I love the "gamble" they took, these are the types of moves you need to hit on in order to break through for a title (outside drafting Duncan)
KNICKS FAN FOR LIFE
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#17 » by JazzMatt13 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:55 am

Everyone knew Nuggets imploded after they fired George Karl. Lawson spiraled out of control with uncertainty.

I am sure in Houston a great city, with stable coach and organization ready to win, he will adapt and the pennies on the dollar will pan out for the "risk". Dude can get DUI's all he wants if he can handle winning games.

Personally I never thought NBA players were capable of drinking alcohol, at least not during the season. I mean not counting christmas and all star break, the longest you have is like 3-4 days in-between games.
lekasjeda
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#18 » by lekasjeda » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:Everyone knew Nuggets imploded after they fired George Karl. Lawson spiraled out of control with uncertainty.

I am sure in Houston a great city, with stable coach and organization ready to win, he will adapt and the pennies on the dollar will pan out for the "risk". Dude can get DUI's all he wants if he can handle winning games.

Personally I never thought NBA players were capable of drinking alcohol, at least not during the season. I mean not counting christmas and all star break, the longest you have is like 3-4 days in-between games.

Yea, coach of the year, nuggets were playing above expectation as well. They didn't have a superstar on their team, just a bunch of solid players, that's probably the best any coach could do with that team.

Return to Polls Discussion