Which head coaching vacancy is most attractive?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which head coaching vacancy is most attractive? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu May 5, 2016 4:38 pm

1. Pacers
2. Rockets
3. Knicks
4. Kings
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Which head coaching vacancy is most attractive? 

Post#2 » by luss54321 » Fri May 6, 2016 12:03 am

Y'all realize the Pacers play in Indiana right?
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#3 » by malgus » Fri May 6, 2016 7:22 pm

luss54321 wrote:Y'all realize the Pacers play in Indiana right?

Yeah I'd take Houston, despite issues. Location is pretty good. And at least they have James Harden (who admittedly is kind of a minus in the personality department). At least he's a superstar.
Master Amino
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Master Amino » Fri May 6, 2016 7:32 pm

Am I missing something? How is HOU 3rd on a list that includes Indiana and NY? They have a bonafide superstar in Harden and play in a large market. And don't tell me it's because of Howard, because he's all but gone.
clydeglide
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by clydeglide » Fri May 6, 2016 7:43 pm

Its about the best place for chances of success at coaching. Not the best place to kick it. The other markets might be bigger and sexier but they are all wrecks..
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#6 » by tocooks101 » Sat May 7, 2016 8:16 pm

Houston is a mess right now, even their current coach got the hell out of there. Indiana has the best team, best player and best situation for any coach, easy poll easy win.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun May 8, 2016 9:11 pm

clydeglide wrote:

Its about the best place for chances of success at coaching. Not the best place to kick it. The other markets might be bigger and sexier but they are all wrecks..

I've been all over the country and have stayed in all four of those cities. While I wouldn't personally choose to live in any of those cities, Indianapolis would be my first choice between them. But everyone is different and I'm guessing that coaches will be looking 99% at the basketball opportunity.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun May 8, 2016 9:16 pm

Master Amino wrote:Am I missing something? How is HOU 3rd on a list that includes Indiana and NY? They have a bonafide superstar in Harden and play in a large market. And don't tell me it's because of Howard, because he's all but gone.

Um.... you see that Harden is a problem, right? The only reason they aren't 4th is because Cousins is a bigger problem.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#9 » by BallerTalk » Sun May 8, 2016 11:00 pm

Master Amino wrote:Am I missing something? How is HOU 3rd on a list that includes Indiana and NY? They have a bonafide superstar in Harden and play in a large market....

Welcome to RealGM :wink:
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#10 » by NatiboyB » Mon May 9, 2016 12:38 am

I would have to take Houston. Just imagine if Bird can fire Carlisle and Vogel he clearly has no loyalty to the coach. I believe if the Rockets were successful they would keep the coach.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#11 » by pjiggz » Mon May 9, 2016 8:13 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
Master Amino wrote:Am I missing something? How is HOU 3rd on a list that includes Indiana and NY? They have a bonafide superstar in Harden and play in a large market....

Because of unbiased voting. Harden is a coaches worst nightmare.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#12 » by pjiggz » Mon May 9, 2016 8:14 pm

I doubt this has anything to do with location of the team. But the current and future potential of winning instead.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#13 » by eureca20 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:16 am

NatiboyB wrote:I would have to take Houston. Just imagine if Bird can fire Carlisle and Vogel he clearly has no loyalty to the coach. I believe if the Rockets were successful they would keep the coach.

Rockets fired the coach that got them to the WCF with a lot of injuries 2 weeks into the following season. Really no team but the Spurs have any loyalty to a coach.

Pacers have a star in Paul George who plays both sides of the floor and isn't as much as a ball stopper as James Harden is. James Harden is the better offensive player but I don't think players like to play with him. Yea he can get assists but chances are you won't get the ball till 4 seconds left on the shot clock if you get it at all. Myles Turner is also a very nice young player for the Pacers. Pacers have the better overall roster in place and still have a lot of cap room to improve.
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#14 » by ebrian » Tue May 10, 2016 2:47 pm

eureca20 wrote:
NatiboyB wrote:I would have to take Houston. Just imagine if Bird can fire Carlisle and Vogel he clearly has no loyalty to the coach. I believe if the Rockets were successful they would keep the coach.

Rockets fired the coach that got them to the WCF with a lot of injuries 2 weeks into the following season. Really no team but the Spurs have any loyalty to a coach.

Pacers have a star in Paul George who plays both sides of the floor and isn't as much as a ball stopper as James Harden is. James Harden is the better offensive player but I don't think players like to play with him. Yea he can get assists but chances are you won't get the ball till 4 seconds left on the shot clock if you get it at all. Myles Turner is also a very nice young player for the Pacers. Pacers have the better overall roster in place and still have a lot of cap room to improve.

Pacers also are an up and coming team that plays in the weaker conference. Knicks too but NY is just too crazy.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#15 » by BallerTalk » Tue May 10, 2016 3:05 pm

pjiggz wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Because of unbiased voting. Harden is a coaches worst nightmare.

Unbiased voting??? :o
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone with an IQ over 70 knows that at least half the people in this forum are slaves to the popular narrative.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-

Return to Polls Discussion