Louis Van Gaal Defiant Following Chelsea Tie

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Louis Van Gaal Defiant Following Chelsea Tie 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Louis van Gaal was defiant following another winless match by Manchester United.

United drew Chelsea 0-0 at Old Trafford with the job of Van Gaal reportedly hanging in the balance.

Van Gaal claimed his comments following United's 2-0 loss to Stoke City two days prior were taken out of context when he mentioned possibly stepping down.

Van Gaal said: “I think I didn’t say that. I have said that a club can sack you but that a manager can also resign by himself. When a colleague of you then writes it in another context, no, I have given you in a press conference a [comment] that it is not only part of the decision, also the manager can take that decision.

“I have said also in all my press conferences, they are asking all the time: ‘Are you concerned that maybe they sack you?’ Of course I am concerned but I am more concerned to prepare my players.

“Then I read things in the press. They are lies, not based on facts. They are the reasons I walk away in a press conference and not angrily. No, I walk with quietness because I want to make my point.

“For me, it [his future] is not an interesting subject because I cannot have any influence on that, I can only work with my players and you can see they are fighting for me. Even after this result the fans were applauding so I cannot say I’m very much concerned. In this football world you never know but I’m fully confident in the board and my players.

“Will I resign? On the contrary. When the players can give such a performance with a lot of pressure, there is not any reason to resign for me. Maybe the media wants me to but I shall not resign. It’s not a question of staying. It’s a question of fulfilling my contract.”

Via Jamie Jackson/The Guardian

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion