Mass Dispatch 30.0: Our New MLS Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator?

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,599

Mass Dispatch 30.0: Our New MLS Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator? 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Fri Mar 6, 2015 1:41 am

Mass Dispatch 30.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch........

The Mass Matter is our new Major League Soccer (MLS) Forum and an MLB addition of The “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational

Ask Howard takes a question about how long it takes to respond to Username Change Requests

We then have our Mass Dispatch User (s), Thread and Moderator of The Week plus the General Off-Topic Board User of The Month Award

Inside The Administrator's Office updates everyone on a change in my life, a new Moderating tool and Users who have yet to claim their prizes.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.........

The Mass Matter: Our New Major League Soccer Forum and The “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational

Our New Major League Soccer Forum

Phew!

What a relief here in my next of the woods and across North America, The Major League Soccer season will start on time after the two sides reached a new Labor Agreement on Wednesday.

Like here in Central Florida, Major League Soccer is really growing in popularity (It is insane how many bumper stickers I have seen for The Orlando City Lions here in Central Florida) and at RealGM, we decided it was time to capitalize on this and give our Users a Forum to exclusive discuss Major League Soccer.

The following message was prepared by Global Moderator LittleOzzy.

Before the start of Major League Soccer’s 20th season, RealGM is launching a new exciting development.

The Soccer forum is expanding to include a separate board strictly for Major League Soccer and all it’s teams. Here you’ll find a great community of loyal soccer fans discussing North America’s fastest growing league. Stop by today, and find the discussion thread for your favourite team.

Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
D.C. United
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
L.A. Galaxy
Montreal Impact
New England Revolution
New York City FC
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City SC
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders FC
Sporting Kansas City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps FC

The Major League Soccer Board has now launched. Come by today!

LittleOzzy really pushed hard for this forum and the thing he put together with all of the links is a symbol of his efforts.

This forum is a one year experiment but if it goes well, we might expand to other leagues.

Ohh and Go Lions! :D

The Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational: MLB Edition

Not only is Major League Soccer (MLS) Season few days away, the start of Major League Baseball (MLB) season is only a few weeks away.

Given how our MLB Forums are upticking in traffic but also in need of people to help get them going, I have decided we are going to have an MLB version of The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational.

Unlike our Soccer section which has been very successful, we did not launch the MLB, NFL and Nhl Forums of our site correctly many years ago and we lag behind today because of it although some of our NFL ones showed dramatic improvement this past season.

I am still attempting to get another navigation approved that should improve things but in the meantime, I want to see if someone has what it takes to step up to the plate and become a Moderator on one of our MLB Forums.

The format for this version might be a little and plan to put it together over the next week.

What I would like to now is get an idea of how many Users plan to apply.

If you are interested and feel you have what it takes to become an MLB Moderator, please send me a PM to declare your intentions. Applications will not be accepted until after Mass Dispatch 31.0

I will have details about The MLB version of the “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational next week.

Ask Howard

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column.

Nerlens No Ls Asks: How long does it take you to respond to Username Change Requests?

Howard's Response: I typically respond to requests within 24 hours. Most times, I get to them within a few hours.

Sometimes, things get busy and I am unable to do this but usually it takes no longer than 48 hours.

If anyone wants a Username Change, just go to the thread on our Feedback and Suggestions Forum. Please make sure you read the first post before posting.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1250573

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week plus our General Off-Topic Board User of The Month

It is time for The Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week plus The General Off-Topic Board User of The Month

Mass Dispatch User (s) of the Week

bwgood77 and SF88

A few weeks back, the NBA had perhaps the craziest Trading Deadline in their history. Once 2:45 PM EST hit, trades started coming out of left field including the big three-way deal that sent Brandon Knight to Phoenix, Michael Carter-Williams and Tyler Ennis to Milwaukee and yet another draft pick to Philadelphia.

Earlier in the day, Phoenix traded away Goran Dragic to Miami after threatening that he would walk and then of course there was the drama of Suns Owner Robert Sarver reportedly wanting to stay the course and turn down Miami's offer of two future first round draft picks.

Our Phoenix Suns Forum went through the roller coaster together and I would like to recognize two of the Users who made great contributions on that day to the massive Trading Deadline Thread our Suns Forum had that day and continue to daily on our Phoenix Suns Forum.

bwgood77 gives wonderful insight into many of their posts. I have not only noticed this on our Phoenix Suns Forum but other RealGM Forums as well. They are a wonderful User with a very clean record and hopefully more Users will now notice.

SF88 is a User who has made many strides over the past year. After a rocky start on our General NBA Board, they became a very vocal critic of our General NBA Board Policy. However, SF88 later filed a great appeal and had their Read-Only Access overturned. They have continued to be a great contributor on our Phoenix Suns Forum.

Both Users had over 100 posts in the Trading Deadline thread that will win the next award and made a huge impact on the forum during The Trading Deadline.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Users of The Week bwgood77 and SF88!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Our Phoenix Suns' Forum's “Official Trade Thread: Kind of a Drag...ic” Thread

That title is so creative........

No fan base was more impacted by The Trading Deadline then our Phoenix Suns Forum.

The thread had wonderful insight from a fan base as they want on a true roller coaster ride two weeks ago.

Opinions on the trades especially the Brandon Knight one where they surrendered that sweet Lakers pick in that three-way deal

I always find it fascinating to see how Users react to trades.

While I did award bwgood77 and SF88 Co-User of The Week, many other Users and Moderators made great contributions and I encourage Users to read through the thread sometime if they want to see how crazy one team's day can be.

Congratulations to our Phoenix Suns Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

Global Moderator LittleOzzy

LittleOzzy has won this award before but wanted to give it to him again for his efforts in helping to launch our new Major League Soccer Forum.

He not only pushed very hard publicly and in PM's to me for a Soccer Expansion, he then created all of the Team Threads for our Major League Soccer Forum and helped me with the above announcement.

The man is always pushing for things in terms of expansion and I really appreciate all of the effort he put into this.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

LittleOzzy!

General Off-Topic Board User of The Month

The General Off-Topic had a competition to decide this last month and December's winner Sofia was again victorious.

This month we are back to the old format and at the request of Sofia, she has decided that it is someone else's turn to be the ruler of The General Off-Topic Board Forum.

In addition, she made some requests that I will make public to The General Off-Topic Board by the end of the coming weekend.

With that said, it is time to crown a new User of the Month and Ruler on our General Off-Topic Board.

For the month of February, this User stood up for themselves in the name of change and even after being dealt a cruel judgment, they stayed the course and did not run away from they love.

This User helps make The GOTB what it is and as the forum prepares for lively times, it is great to bestow on him this honor.

The General Off-Topic Board User of The Month for February and the NEW King of The GOTB is

Dupp!

A big congratulations to you Dupp! You definitely deserve this and the “King of The GOTB” Title.

Inside The Administrator's Office

It has been a busy time in my office the past couple of weeks. Last week, my sister, her boyfriend and my nieces moved back here from Philly. It was definitely a shock after my flight to Philadelphia got canceled at the last minute back on February 15th.

In this day and age where this world is all about making things better for a small percentage of us while making things worse for everyone else, families have to do what they can to survive and the most important thing for me is for my sister and her family to make it.

Hopefully, things will work out here and even if they do not, I will at least have a lot of time with Bella who ran to me when she got out of the car and baby Penelope who I am just getting to know.

Enough of my non-cyber life, here are some things going on in my office.

On Wednesday afternoon, a new tool was successfully tested that will help myself and The Moderator Staff put a stop to an aspect of derailing discussion that while very few Users commit it, it certainly lingers as a nuisance on a few forums to everyone. I will first be giving The Moderator Staff details on this before the end of the weekend. I will be announcing details to everyone else by the end of the month.

Some final tidbits...........

In Mass Dispatch 29.0., I did predict 8-11 NBA Trading Deadline trades (I think there were 12-14) when many thought it would be a light day. The Trades actually surpassed that number but I do take pride in getting closer to the actual number than most.

Some “Beat The Commish” Winners have not PMed me to claim their Prize (s) yet. If you beat me in the regular season or the playoffs, you get something. I might have to start contacting the holdouts.....

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,491

Re: Mass Dispatch 30.0: Our New MLS Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator? 

Post#2 » by Sofia » Fri Mar 6, 2015 1:53 am

Dupp keeping the Monarchy alive! :thumbsup:
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#3 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Mar 6, 2015 2:01 am

Thanks Howard, and I can't wait to see all the new faces on the MLS forum this weekend.

Moderator of the week? Not needed, but I very much appreciate it.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,599

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Sat Mar 7, 2015 6:43 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:Thanks Howard, and I can't wait to see all the new faces on the MLS forum this weekend.

Moderator of the week? Not needed, but I very much appreciate it.

I am definitely seeing a few.

And you definitely deserved Moderator of The Week.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#5 » by Revived » Sun Mar 8, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks Howard, quite an honor. I appreciate it!

Return to Mass Dispatch