Mass Dispatch 31.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator" Apply Here; AND 1 Notifications

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Mass Dispatch 31.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator" Apply Here; AND 1 Notifications 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Mass Dispatch 31.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch.............

The Mass Matter is the Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational” MLB Edition” where any User may apply to be a Moderator on any RealGM Baseball Forum.

Ask Howard answers a question about And 1 Notifications.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

In Inside The Administrator's Office, I discuss some Moderator Searches, hint at a Moderating Tool and why you should take pain below your right sternum a little more seriously.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.....................

The Mass Matter: The “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational: MLB Edition

Over the years, many Users have ask me “How can I become a Moderator?” “Can I be a Moderator on this forum?” “Can I be a Raptors Moderator?” , etc.

Other Users have used other tactics that were not appropriate at all but those can be a discussion for Inside The Administrator's Office some day.

Normally, I turn away Users who inquire about becoming a Moderator. However, this is one of those rare times when Users are welcome to ask and apply for a Moderator position....... ON

Any Baseball Forum.......

All you have to do is....

Send me a PM titled : “Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be a Moderator? Invitational”

Then just list the forum you would like to apply for and why you are the best person to join The RealGM Moderator Team.

Applicants will be accepted until Saturday April 4th at 11:59 PM EST.

The winning applicant will win an interview with me for a chance to become a Moderator..

I will then announce my decision in Mass Dispatch the following week.

I look forward to seeing all of the applicants and if one of you will become the next RealGM Moderator.

Ask Howard

Jim Lahey Asks: Hey Howard Mass how are you doing today?

I just have a question... when will and1 notifications be brought back? Are you guys planning to eliminate the and1s all together?

Howard's Response: Jim: We hope to return the AND 1 notifications soon.

There are several things we still have to do on the forums.

However, we have no plans to get rid of The AND 1 notifications.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Marcus

With the NBA season winding down for 14 teams and The NCAA Tournament ongoing, many fans are beginning to have NBA Draft fever.

One User that I have noticed lately has not only been discussing Draft Prospects on our NBA Draft Forum but also on quite a few NBA Team Forums.

Marcus really knows the prospects well and look forward to him providing his insight and others following his lead on our Forums up to The NBA Draft.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch User of The Week Marcus!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The Toronto Blue Jays Forum Spring Training Thread

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=1374456#start_here

You all know that I love seeing good activity on our MLB, NFL and NHL Forums.

Our Toronto Blue Jays has always been active thanks in large part to our HUGE Toronto Raptors fan base.

Their Spring Training on The Blue Jays has close to 600 posts and is another example of an active MLB/NFL/NHL Forum on RealGM.

I hope more communities continue to follow and we build on the success we had during The Nfl season last fall.

Congratulations to our Toronto Blue Jays Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

Schadenfreude

A few weeks back, I found this hilarious thread on our Feedback Forum.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1377563#start_here

Schadenfreude has always been a joker and in his defense, he does hold back the sailor talk. Still, it was somewhat hilarious to see him make a thread asking for a scapegoat for The Toronto Blue Jays Forum.

It is not easy being in the AL East with not only the huge payrolls of The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox but a solid Baltimore Orioles club and the low budget but efficient Tampa Bay Rays. The road has been tough since those back to back World Series.

I am more than happy to allow them a dummy account to suspend all the time but I really like here is Schad's enthusiasm and it not only shows in that thread but on The Blue Jays Forum.

I wanted to recognize Schad's humor and effort here and hopefully The Blue Jays will finally make the playoffs but then again, I am a Yankees Fan (Not an A-Fraud fan though) although it would not hurt if The Blue Jays took the Wild Card..........

Anyway, congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week Schadenfreude!

Inside The Administrator's Office

Some interesting things are going on inside my office.

An NBA Team Forum and a General NBA Forum are currently undergoing searches for an additional Moderator.

I will not give details on the Team Forum as quite a few factors are in play there but The General NBA Board that I am conducting a search on has some very interesting candidates.

The process on that forum will not be completed until towards the end of April as one candidate is an accountant and this is their busy season. On a personal note, my accountant is still doing my taxes. I guess that's how it works when your a Partner in a company like I am at RealGM. Hopefully, I will not be racing to the Fedex like I did last year on April 15.

In the last edition of Mass Dispatch, I mentioned a new moderating tool that will be debuting soon and not only are some Moderators giddy about it but random Users that have been told about it are also very excited. This tool will definitely be making this forum better and cannot wait to unveil to everyone . I plan to announce this mystery moderating tool sometime in April.

On a final note, some of you might have noticed my absence for a few days last week.

Well, I was actually in the hospital. I have not even told The Moderator Team this yet.

On Sunday and Monday night (15th and 16th), I had some gas and then a little pain right under my right sternum. I was able to go to sleep though so I thought it was no biggie.

Then, on Tuesday night, I could not sleep at all. The pain was terrible and my only oasis was going in the shower and letting the water run on me. When morning came, I called my Dad and asked him to take me to The ER.

It took a couple of hours being there to even get something for the pain but my Dad is a good man and not only stayed with me but called around to find a good surgeon for me as I was going to have my gallbladder removed.

It was a shock to me as I am healthy 6'1 185 but they say it's genetic and my feeling is the late night sweets that I had been eating played a part in this. The Doctor said you do not really need a Gull Bladder though and all should be back to normal within a week or so.

I had surgery the next day and stayed in the hospital an extra day before going home.

My recovery has been good and pretty much back to normal except for the few incisions that I have and the Chicken and Turkey I've been having every night for dinner. I am finally getting back to some normal food and tonight I'm going to my folks' place for some steak.

I want to thank my Dad for taking off work and staying with me in the hospital while finding me a good surgeon and taking care of everything for me. He's definitely a great father who would do anything for me.

On a final note, I want to thank my co-workers here at RealGM for sending their support and filling in for me. Both meant so much to me and helped me have a smooth recovery.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,651

Re: Mass Dispatch 31.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator" Apply Here; AND 1 Notifications 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Props to Howard's Dad.

Glad you are okay Howard.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Mass Dispatch 31.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator" Apply Here; AND 1 Notifications 

Post#3 » by C.lupus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 pm

I think you mean gallbladder, not gull bladder. :wink: Although I agree, a gull bladder is pretty useless for a man.

Seriously, though, glad all is well!
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#4 » by Hawk Eye » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Glad to here your doing better Howard, stay healthy!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Glad to hear you're well Howard, stay healthy! We need you here!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#6 » by Slim_Charles » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Hope you're feeling better bud! All the best in your recovery!

Cheers
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

Post#7 » by goober » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Glad to hear you're okay Howard! You make RealGM great!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,225

Post#8 » by EArl » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:03 pm

That sucks Howard. Glad you're doing well. Humans can indeed live without a gallbladder. Not having one just means your body will digest certain things a bit differently.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,608

Post#9 » by kyphi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:43 pm

happy they found out the cause of your discomfort and took care of it. Sounds as if you came from a good family.

Schad, love your way with words.............................
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#10 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:26 pm

All the best howard

Hope you are on the mend.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#11 » by Smitty731 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Glad you are recovering boss! Hang in there!
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#12 » by Geddy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Howard get better soon, and get some rest.

Also, congrats to our manatee man Schad
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#13 » by El Turco » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:47 pm

#howardstrong
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#14 » by SD2042 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:22 am

Good to hear you're ok Howard. Big ups to your dad for having your back during your time of need. Get better!
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#15 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 am

Glad to hear that you are better mate. Best of luck.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#16 » by truth18 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Great to hear you're in good health now, Howard!

Return of and1 notifications!!! Woooooo
YOU LOSE
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#17 » by Marcus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Glad to hear you're back up and running Howard.

Thank you for the user of the week props
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,686

Post#18 » by MadNESS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:54 am

All the best Howard!
LAKESHOW
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,178

Post#19 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Your dad is awesome.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,419

Post#20 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:55 pm

i love you howie

Return to Mass Dispatch