Mass Dispatch 32.0: The Winner Of The "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational: MLB Edition

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Mass Dispatch 32.0: The Winner Of The "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational: MLB Edition 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:49 am

Mass Dispatch: 32.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch.................

The Mass Matter unveils The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational: MLB Edition

In Ask Howard, The controversy over NFL Team Threads being locked on NBA Forums is addressed.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

Finally, we go Inside The Administrator's Office for the latest on a Moderator search, something that is coming in the next edition of Mass Dispatch and my recovery.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter..................

The Mass Matter: The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator”? Invitational: MLB Edition

The votes are in and we do have a Winner in The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: MLB Edition.

8 Users worked up the courage and submitted an application for a chance to win an interview with me that could lead to them joining The RealGM Moderator Team.

Before I announce The Winner, I want to thank all 8 applicants for submitting an application and respect all of you for putting yourselves out there. While only one of you will win interview with me, I will be contacting the other 7 applicants to give each of you an honest assessment of your future Moderator Prospects.

Previous editions of The “Who Wants To Be A Moderator” Invitational, had a bit of a different set up than this one.

An NFL edition where I selected a Moderator from the applicants and the Users choose someone for me to interview.

A few months later, an NHL Edition was held and I selected a User to interview.

This go-around was and is going to be a little different for The Winner because I had NO say whatsoever in who was selected.

Instead a Committee selected The Winner.

The identity of The Committee members will not be revealed but they may or may not have included Moderators, Retired Moderator Moderators and/or select Users.

The Committee looked through all 8 applicants who included Users who were veterans of RealGM, young up and comers, good contributors who are not active and even a User with a long file.

Their vote came down to two Users who were next and neck the entire way in terms of their records and impressive application. After a few days, The Committee did settle on a Winner.

The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: MLB Edition and an Interview with me for a chance to become a member of The RealGM Moderator Team..............

ReasonablySober

I want to congratulate ReasonablySober on winning The Invitational.

You beat the odds and were selected over 7 other applicants for this opportunity.

However, that was the easiest hurdle in this Invitational that you will face.

Now, you move on to an interview with me that I promise will be rigorous than Moderator Candidates usually face.

After that, you will face one final hurdle that will be more difficult than being selected over the other 7 applicants and your interview with me. It will determine if you join The RealGM Moderator Team. You will find what that is at the end of your interview.

Feel free to contact me when your ready and I do look forward to our chat.

Ask Howard

Numerous Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards asked me: Why are you locking our General Chicago Bears and Washington Redskins Threads?

Howard's Response: As you know, we already have forums for all of The NFL Teams.

If I allow big threads for those teams on NBA Forums, I would have to allow them on all NBA Team Forums.

It would then stunt the growth of the NFL Forums and yes, we have some growing fan bases on several forums.

This was a problem on our Golden State Warriors Forum and myself and their Moderators had quite a few PM exchanges about it.

A few months later, a big group of 49ers migrated over here from another forum and our Golden State Warriors Users have now joined them on that forum.

While big NFL threads are not allowed on NBA Forums, it is 100 percent ok to have a shadow topic for each game thread and even a thread for a special event like The NFL Draft as long as they are shadow topics.

It's the best of both worlds.

We also have The MyForums Feature where you can put all of your favorite forums on the same page and yes, I still hope to get that navigation option where all local forums are on the same page.

In the end though, outside of smaller shadow topics, all NFL threads will be on NFL Forums.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

Mass Dispatch Users of The Week

Our New York Knicks Users

On Saturday night during the Knicks-Magic game (Yes, that one with the NBA record low for combined points in a quarter with 15), several Users on our New York Knicks were freaking out over potentially winning the game which they eventually did.

Winning the game meant they are now tied with The Minnesota Timber Wolves for the worst record in the league.

Given how bad The Knicks' talent base is outside of Carmelo Anthony, they want the best odds for that pick and I do not blame them.

Since the season started, our Knicks Users have pretty much written this season off and vigilant in watching those standings so they have the best odds in The Lottery.

I'll have more on how blatantly obvious that is below but for now, I want to congratulate The Mass Dispatch Users of The Week............

Our New York Knicks Users!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Our New York Knicks' Forum's “Countdown to Lottery: Prospect Talk” Thread

Five months ago today, Retired Moderator Manhattan Project started a thread on our New York Knicks Forum titled “Countdown to Lottery: Prospect Talk Thread” .

Today, that thread has over 12,000 posts and close to 165,000 views.
It has been a long season for our Knicks Users and pretty much throughout the season, they knew The Knicks would be popping ping-pong balls in May.

With Carmelo Anthony out, they have very little talent on that team so there has not been a lot to be excited about this season other than waiting for The Lottery.

The fan base panicking over winning Saturday's game at Orlando has hilarious and shows the high stakes of tanking in this league although that Lottery could always knock the worst team down three sots so you never know.

Anyway, this huge thread shows the passion of a great fan base an it is our Thread of the Week.

Congratulations to our New York Knicks Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

Oklahoma City Thunder and NBA Trade and Transactions Moderator bondom34

I wanted to recognize bondom34 for some things he did behind the scenes this past week.

As you might have known in previous additions, he had one strike on The General NBA Board before becoming a Moderator.

Since joining the Moderator Team, he has been not only a good contributor on the forums RealGM but also in private discussions amongst The Moderators that we have about various Forum issues/

All of this and I still keep messing up the spelling of bondom's real first name which I will not reveal and probably would spell wrong AGAIN anyway.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week bondom34!

Inside The Administrator' Office

This past week, I interviewed a User for an opening on one of our forums in The General NBA section.

My plan is to add multiple Users as Moderators here and the User I interviewed definitely set the bar high.

There are two other candidates that I hope to chat with and while the plan is to add two, if all goes well, adding all 3 is a possibility since all of them are definitely qualified in the areas and attributes that I am looking for.

Regardless of what happens, the forum will benefit from whatever combinations of these candidates become Moderators.

In the next edition of Mass Dispatch, not only will we find out if ReasonablySober beats the odds and joins the RealGM Moderator Team but the newest RealGM Moderating tool will finally be unveiled.

This Tool will stop some Users who intend to derail discussion with needless threads on Forums.

The Moderator Team is excited and Users that we have sampled agree that this will make the Forum experience better for Users.

All will be unveiled in the next edition of Mass Dispatch.

On a final note, I want to thank everyone for their continued well wishes. They meant a lot of me and am pretty much fully recovered.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,343

Re: Mass Dispatch 32.0: The Winner Of The "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational: MLB Edition 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:15 pm

great. as if bondom wasn't already insufferable......

Well deserved mate.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Mass Dispatch 32.0: The Winner Of The "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational: MLB Edition 

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:great. as if bondom wasn't already insufferable......

Well deserved mate.

Oh, there shall be trash talk.

Thanks Chuck!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#4 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:42 pm

congrats Bondom
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:42 pm

ReasonablySober would be an awesome addition to the MLB forums as a mod. Good for him!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:46 pm

I hope you made RS make you dinner first. He likes to cook.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Gibby
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#9 » by Gibby » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Y'all shoulda picked me

Sent from my GT-S7560M using RealGM Forums mobile app
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#10 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:34 am

:lol:

wish i knew about the NFL mod opening
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » by Howard Mass » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:37 am

ReasonablySober had his interview last night. The next Mass Dispatch will announce whether or not they are joining The RealGM Moderator Team.

That is also when ReasonablySober will find out his fate as well.

Blkbrd671: We will have an NFL version of The Invitational in August.

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#12 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:21 am

Howard Mass wrote:ReasonablySober had his interview last night. The next Mass Dispatch will announce whether or not they are joining The RealGM Moderator Team.

That is also when ReasonablySober will find out his fate as well.

Blkbrd671: We will have an NFL version of The Invitational in August.

awesome thx 4 info
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#13 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 pm

humanrefutation wrote:ReasonablySober would be an awesome addition to the MLB forums as a mod. Good for him!

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » by Howard Mass » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:26 am

I just finished contacting the other 7 Applicants who applied and gave each of them an honest assessment of their future Moderator Prospects.

I see our Milwaukee Bucks Users are already weighing in with their thoughts on if ReasonablySober should become a Moderator.

His fate will be announced sometime next weekend when The Committee finishes voting.

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 am

The committee should be fired if they don't vote yes on Prop 73.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
AlwaysFresh
Sixth Man
And1: 1,693

Post#16 » by AlwaysFresh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 pm

I get logged out constantly. Can you fix that?
#FireCasey
#Idgt

Return to Mass Dispatch