Mass Dispatch 33.0: The Fate of ReasonablySober; Drafts; One Fan Base Wants Their Coaches' Head

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Mass Dispatch 33.0: The Fate of ReasonablySober; Drafts; One Fan Base Wants Their Coaches' Head 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Mass Dispatch 33.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch.......................

The Mass Matter delivers the news on how ReasonablySober's Moderator Interview went and his fate on if he joins The RealGM Moderator Team is revealed for the first time to everyone including ReasonablySober.

The Matter also reveals a development in the Invitational courtesy of some Moderators.

Ask Howard takes a question on the frustration of Users about broken links, freezing up, AND 1 Notifications and has news about these courtesy of Upper Management.

The Mass Dispatch Awards recognize a Great Mock Drafter, a fan base's overwhelming desire to oust their head coach and a great Moderators who provides wonderful insight each year on the NFL Draft.

Finally, In “Inside The Administrator's Office” I have finally found two new Moderators for that aforementioned “General NBA Board” and finally introduce them to you with details on the entire process.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter...............

The Mass Matter: The Fate of ReasonablySober: Will he stay a User or Become A Moderator? All is revealed.

It is time for the moment of truth.

In the last edition of Mass Dispatch, ReasonablySober was announced as The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: MLB Edition.

He was chosen by a Committee of Moderators, Retired Moderators and Respected Users to win an interview with me for a chance to become a RealGM Moderator on an MLB Forum.

A little over a week ago, ReasonablySober had they're day with me on Instant Messenger and the questioning was brutal.

From my perspective, ReasonablySober did pretty well under the tough questioning and I was harder on them than normal interviewees as anyone who won this opportunity was going to have a tough road ahead of them.

Before the final question, I let ReasonablySober in on that third step in the process and how difficult it was truly going to be for him to become a Moderator.

Whether or not he got to become a Moderator was in no way going to be my decision.

You see, that same Committee of Moderators, Retired Moderators and Respected Users that selected him to interview with me would be making that decision.

However, in order to become a Moderator, ReasonablySober needed to receive ¾ or 75 percent from the Committee.

When I informed him of this, he seemed baffled and froze up a bit by typing something and then stopping (you can see this on messenger). He definitely should have been given how he got less than 50 percent of The Vote from Committee members in the first round of voting between the applicants.

Despite the odds that he was facing, ReasonablySober laid it all on the line and left his Moderator prospects up to The Committee.

That same Committee reached a decision this week and as you might have guessed by reading this, ReasonablySober did not come close to that 75 percent needed.

ReasonablySober missed getting 75 percent of the vote by

over 10 percentage Points.

An astonishing 88 percent of The Committee Voted that ReasonablySober should become a Moderator.......

And with that said he has earned a Moderator position on a General MLB Forum and a spot on The RealGM Moderator Team.

I would like everyone to join me in congratulating ReasonablySober on overcoming the odds and becoming a RealGM Moderator after over 13 years as a User.

Welcome to The RealGM Moderator Team ReasonablySober!

On a related note, several Moderators came to me and requested that the runner-up in The Invitational also receive an interview with me.

As noted last week, ReasonablySober and one other User got just about all of the Committee votes in a vote that was extremely close.

The other User was Travis Knight who posts mostly on our New York Forums. I decided to grant this User an interview and conducted it last Thursday. Today, that same Committee will see Travis Knight's Interview Transcript and debate whether or not he should also become a RealGM Moderator.

And yes, he will need to get 75 percent of The Committee Vote.

Travis Knight's fate will be revealed in the next edition of Mass Dispatch.

Ask Howard

If you have a question for Mass Dispatch, please send me a private message or make a post in the Ask Howard thread on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Many Users On our Feedback Forum and Several via PM Ask: Does RealGM have any plans to fix some of the bugs on this forum like the broken links, freezing, AND 1 Notifications etc)?

Howard's Response: Our Programmer who handles our Forums Michael Haegele (dream34) has been very busy with things behind the scenes for the other side of RealGM's business and unfortunately, this has taken away from his time to do work on the forums.

However, I have been assured by upper management that we are going to bring in someone to help us with Programming for the forums.

The bugs/kinks we have on the forums are not only frustrating for Users and Moderators but also for myself in some tools that I do not have behind the scenes.

I know it is frustrating but please know that fixes are on the way and I will keep everyone posted on developments.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for a Mass Dispatch Award, please send me a PM or make a post in the appropriate on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Cammo101

No User on RealGM does more Mock Drafts than Cammo.

And it's not just his NBA Mock Drafts Thread on our NBA Mock Draft sub forum. If you have visited our NFL Draft Forum, Cammo also has his own Mock Draft Thread that is consistently updated.

All draft fans love a good Mock and I for one am always entertained by the ones that Cammo does.

For those of you wondering, I have twice including a few weeks ago offered Cammo101 the chance to be a Moderator Candidate and on both occasions he has turned me down due to time constraints.

It shows that we have very valuable Users who are not Moderators. These Users will be awarded with special titles sometime this year and proud to announce that Cammo101 will be one of them.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch User of The Week.................

Cammo101

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Our Toronto Raptors Forum's Dwane Casey Discussion Thread

After being swept out of the playoffs 4-0 by the Washington Wizards Forum, our large Toronto Raptors fan base wants head coach Dwane Casey's head.

In a poll that started Sunday in the thread, Raptors fans want Dwane Casey Fired by a margin that is baffling.

As of 10 AM EST on Tuesday morning,

91 Percent (232) to 9 Percent (22) Want Dwane Casey fired.

In my years as the Administrator on these forums, I have been fan bases that were strongly in favor of dumping a coach but never by this margin.

Apparently, Dwane Casey will return next season as head coach although if the fans put pressure on management that could change. To be fair, Toronto probably cannot get past the second round in the East the way they currently are but the way they lost some of those games should not be accepted by a fan base.

Regardless, Casey is now on the hot seat in Toronto and if they start bad out of the gate next season, the drum will beat even louder for Casey's ouster.

Congratulations to our Toronto Raptors Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

icness

Many of you know icness as Jeff Risdon who has written about the NFL for many years on RealGM.

However, before he was an NFL Writer, icness actually became a Global Moderator for his efforts on our NBA Forums.

With the NFL Draft coming up this week, many on RealGM are curious to read Jeff Risdon's thoughts as am I.

His articles on our Football front page and the thread on our NFL Draft Forum “Ask Jeff Risdon a Question" thread are vauable resources for our NFL fans and are especially enjoyed during the best time of the NFL offseason.

Jeff never disappoints this time year or ever.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week.............

Jeff Risdon (icness)

Inside The Administrator's Office

The past couple of weeks I have mentioned that I was looking to add a few Moderators to a General NBA Board.

I am happy to announce that everything on that front is now a done deal.

With The NBA Draft approaching, I wanted to get a couple of new Moderators who also had good knowledge of the prospects to help moderate our NBA Draft Board. In addition, Blame Rasho asked to be removed from the forum so he could focus on his Global Moderator duties so that only heightened the need for new Moderators.

After my initial assessment of things on the Forum, I narrowed it down to 4 candidates and a wild card.

As mentioned above, Cammo101 declined to be a candidate and another User never got back to me. I also did not contact the wild card candidate.

Despite this, I felt fortunate that there was a deep candidate pool at the top and came away with two wonderful Users who have a vast knowledge of the NBA Draft Prospects and College Basketball in General.

Marcus and Ruzious.

Marcus has been a RealGM User for a little over a year but instantly stuck out as a candidate when I was looking over the NBA Draft Board.

I've been in charge of selecting the RealGM Moderators for over a decade and Marcus is simply a natural.

His knowledge of the Draft Prospects is outstanding and does a great job at leading the discussions not only on The Draft Board but other team forums.

Ruzious has been a RealGM User since the first year of our forums in 2001. As a User on two of our top forums Washington Wizards and Milwaukee Bucks, he got caught in a numbers game for all of these years due to neither forum needing much moderating help.

A few months ago when I chose Ruzious as Mass Dispatch User of the Week, I decided then that I wanted to find a place for him on The RealGM Moderator Team.

When I decided it was time to beef up our NBA Draft Forum, the perfect opportunity to do so arose.

I even waited a few weeks to interview him as he had a busy time at work.

Ruzious is a huge NCAA fan and definitely knows his prospects. I am thrilled to get him on the team after over 13 years as a User.

Marcus and Ruzious join current Moderator and Draft Guru jman3134 who I ran things by during this search as our NBA Draft Forum Moderators.

I am confident they will be a wonderful Team and enhance the experience for all of our Users that post on our NBA Draft Forum.

Congratulations to Marcus and Ruzious!

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Re: Mass Dispatch 33.0: The Fate of ReasonablySober; Drafts; One Fan Base Wants They're Coaches' Head 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:51 pm

ReasonablySober has already turned into a douche now that he has mod status.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,913

Re: Mass Dispatch 33.0: The Fate of ReasonablySober; Drafts; One Fan Base Wants They're Coaches' Head 

Post#3 » by stellation » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:22 pm

trwi7 wrote:ReasonablySober has already turned into a douche now that he has mod status.

Turned into? ;)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#4 » by Cammo101 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm

User of the Week? Very cool. I'm honored.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,689

Post#5 » by 76thBearCub » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 am

Someone tried to do an nfl draft thread on the eagles on the 6ers board.

Mod said they want that stuff directed toward the nfl realgm forum.

Not smart at all in my opinion. This is an NBA forum. This is the best NBA forum going. Buts it doesnt have much potential going forward in other sports.

It would be wiser to gather the 76ers fans wanting to discuss the Eagles then it is to try to gather a new audience of hardcore football fans. They arent coming here.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:43 am

lamp23 wrote:Someone tried to do an nfl draft thread on the eagles on the 6ers board.

Not smart at all in my opinion. This is an NBA forum. This is the best NBA forum going. Buts it doesnt have much potential going forward in other sports.

It would be wiser to gather the 76ers fans wanting to discuss the Eagles then it is to try to gather a new audience of hardcore football fans. They arent coming here.

It's one extra click. It's not that hard.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,689

Post#7 » by 76thBearCub » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:06 am

trwi7 wrote:
lamp23 wrote:Someone tried to do an nfl draft thread on the eagles on the 6ers board.

It's one extra click. It's not that hard.

Right, it is one click.

Think the traffic is a bit higher on the NBA side though. Idk why.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:30 am

Congrats ReasonablySober, Cammo, Marcus, and Ruzious!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#9 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:58 pm

bondom34 wrote:Congrats ReasonablySober, Cammo, Marcus, and Ruzious!

thank you sir.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#11 » by truth18 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Whoa. ReasonablySober is a mod now? Guess it's time to cash in for those Bloodborne tips I gave him ;)

Awesome news though, congrats, man!
YOU LOSE
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,687

Post#12 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:22 am

I'm a web developer. I could probably help with those bugs.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#13 » by Manocad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:40 pm

For Pete's sake, correct this embarrassing thread title. It's "their" not "they're" which means "they are," and "coach's" not "coaches'."
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,827

Post#14 » by Sofia » Fri May 1, 2015 1:38 am

Clouds gonna get it tonight.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Mass Dispatch 33.0: The Fate of ReasonablySober; Drafts; One Fan Base Wants Their Coaches' Head 

Post#15 » by Manocad » Mon May 4, 2015 8:56 pm

A coach has a coach's head. Smdhes'
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Re: Mass Dispatch 33.0: The Fate of ReasonablySober; Drafts; One Fan Base Wants Their Coaches' Head 

Post#16 » by eagle13 » Wed May 6, 2015 12:48 am

Its amazing anyone got praised for doing mocks. So many piss and moan about people doing them. Same ones that complain about trades, who of course in their view those poster's are not worthy, same ones that complain about board clutter with too many threads while others complain about misplaced topics in huge all encompassing threads...

I think RealGM is great for basically maintaining freedom of expression even in the face of intolerance, arrogance, judgemental and pompous personalities.

Anyway congrats to Cammo!

And a thumbs up to DrugBust for rising up from the Wisco forum! The best forums on RealGM! Glad your moderating MLB cause I don't care about or visit the MLB.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,929

Post#17 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 6, 2015 1:49 am

Thanks guys.

Love you too, eagle13. :kiss

Return to Mass Dispatch