The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Mass Dispatch 36.0: Draft Night Forum Changes, My Mock Draft; and Much More 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Mass Dispatch 36.0

Before we get started, some changes on the Forums have been made for Draft Night to prevent the Forum from slowing down and potentially going down for a bit. I know quite a few forums are taking bets on which pick is going to crash us but we have taken some precautions.

The following features have been disabled for The Draft.

Dotted Topic Lines (user posted in topic)
Search
Display of Moderators
Jumpbox
Display of custom fields (favorite teams)
Smilies
Signatures

They will all be back no later than tomorrow morning.

Now, to this edition.

In this edition Of Mass Dispatch................

It's Draft Night and I have my Mock Draft.

In Ask Howard, I answer a question that I have been getting regarding my posting habits on The General Off-Topic Board.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

Inside The Administrator's Offices discusses a current Moderator search, what position I will look to fill after and return of one of the best Moderators in RealGM History.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter...........................

The Mass Matter: My NBA Mock Draft

My NBA Mock Draft

1) Minnesota- Karl-Anthony Towns
2) L.A. Lakers- Jahlil Okafor
3) Philadelphia- D'Angelo Russell
4) New York- Willie Cauley-Stein
5) Orlando- Justise Winslow
6) Sacramento- Mario Hezonja
7) Denver- Emmanuel Mudiay
8) Detroit- Kristaps Porzingis
9) Charlotte- Devin Booker
10) Miami- Trey Lyles
11) Indiana- Myles Turner
12) Utah- Frank Kaminsky
13) Phoenix- Stanley Johnson
14) Oklahoma City- Cameron Payne
15) Atlanta- Bobby Portis
16) Boston- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
17) Milwaukee- Kevon Looney
18) Houston- Tyus Jones
19) Washington- Sam Dekker
20) Toronto- Montrezl Harrell
21) Dallas – Jerian Grant
22) Chicago – RJ Hunter
23) Portland- Christian Wood
24) Cleveland- Rashad Vaughn
25) Memphis- Justin Anderson
26) San Antonio- Nikola Milutinov
27) L.A. Lakers- Kelly Oubre
28) Boston- Joseph Young
29) Brooklyn- Rakeem Christmas
30) Golden State- Delon Wright

Here are some notes on my Mock.

The Sixers cannot pick a project or an injured player this year. If they do, those cracks that are forming under GM Sam Hinkie's desk are going to swallow him within the next year.

I know the Willie Cauley-Stein pick at #4 might seem like a outliner but I do believe there will be some surprises in this Draft. He is NBA-ready and he would give New York an instant defensive presence inside.

Justise Winslow is someone that I have wanted for The Magic and even though Mario Hezonja might be a better fit with his shooting and others want Kristaps Porzingis for his upside, I think The Magic get a player with All-Star potential who will fit in well with what The Magic are doing in Orlando.

The other picks pretty much speak for themselves.

I am competing in Dorkestra's Mock Draft Competition on our Mock Drafts Forum and look forward to competing against the other Mock Drafts.

Ask Howard

If you have a question about anything RealGM, just send me a PM or leave your question in the Ask Howard thread on the Mass Dispatch forum.

This Edition's Question......................

Multiple Users Have Asked Me Via PM: Why do you post a little bit differently on The General Off-Topic Board?

Howard's Response: I might have addressed this before but the rules on The General Off-Topic Board are a little looser then those on other RealGM Forums.

My feeling over the years is there has to be a place for some users to unwind and while I do plan to introduce a few policies to tone things down just a tad, the place is going to stay pretty loose.

I actually The GOTB as the drop out prevention class that was at my high school for troubled students (No, I was not in).

You see the group of posters on The General Off-Topic Board are mostly good contributors on RealGM but a majority of them also get in trouble on other RealGM forums.

Some have Read-Only Access On The General NBA Board, Individual Board Bans from other RealGM Forums and multiple suspensions.

The GOTB gives them a place to unwind and stick around RealGM so we do not lose the goo contributions most of them do make.

Now, the Cleveland Cavaliers stunt they pulled on The General NBA Board might have crossed the line but that will be addressed this summer among other things.

There have been success stories though like studcrackers who became a Moderator last year and Sofia who had their Read-Only Access Status on the General NBA Board repealed earlier this year.

My hope is to have more success stories on The General Off-Topic by mentoring these Users into becoming more mature law-abiding RealGM citizens.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for this week's Mass Dispatch Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, please send me a PM or pot your nomination in the appropriate thread on The Mass Dispatch forum.

Mass Dispatch User Of The Week

Laimbeer

This User ran a Mock Draft of all 30 first round picks throughout the forums.

It was a fan activity for many of our forums that I participated in and I really appreciate how he took the time to do this.

I also want to give an honorable mention to Dorkstra who is running a Mock Draft competition that I am participating in. My Mock above is the one entered in the contest.

Finally, I want to acknowledge all RealGM Users who participated in Draft discussion. You really have helped livin' this place up.

Congratulations though to our Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Laimbeer

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Laimbeer's RealGM 2015 Fan Forum Mock Draft – COMPLETE Thread

Whoever wins User of The Week usually gets thread of the week too.

This is the completed product of Laimbeer's work of polling our NBA Team Forums on their picks.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1390882#start_here

We will see how it matches up to the actual Draft.

Congratulations to Laimbeer's RealGM 2015 Fan Forum Mock Draft – COMPLETE Thread

Mass Dispatch Moderators Of The Week

Our Charlotte Hornets Forum Moderators

Our Charlotte Hornets Moderators lead by Senior Moderator fatlever and Moderators BigSlam, Sachmo and JDR720 put together one hell of a Big Board on our Charlotte Hornets Forum.

In this activity, our Charlotte Hornets put together an entire Big Board for The Hornets 1-30 of whom they should Draft.

The threads are scattered through 4 or 5 pages on their Forum but it was an activity that some other forums decided to use in some form and it was a great idea lead by our Charlotte Hornets Moderators.

Congratulations to our RealGM Moderators of The Week....

Our Charlotte Hornets Moderators

Senior Moderator fatlever
Moderator Big Slam
Moderator Sachmo
Moderator JDR720

Inside The Administrator's Office

These past two weeks, I have been conducting an extensive Moderator Search on one of our NBA Forums and while the search has taken a little longer than anticipated, I am very close to adding two new Moderators to an NBA team forum.

Hopefully, the final steps in this process will be completed by July 1 although an announcement can come any day now.

After this particular forum is taken care of, I will be focusing on getting a Moderator or two in place for our San Francisco 49ers Forum.

It is also possible that I will try to kick things up a notch on some of our lower traffic forums.

On a final note, I was thrilled this past week when one of the best Moderators in RealGM history Spandau made contact with me after a few years away.

Spandau was a Knicks Moderator, General Off-Topic Board Moderator and a Global Moderator before taking time away a few years.

It is a thrill to have him back and hope he rejoins the RealGM Moderator Team in some capacity really soon.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#2 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Props to Laimbeer. That mock draft was/is awesome.

Return to Mass Dispatch