Mass Dispatch 37.0: GB Strike Amnesty and How To Get Rid of ALL of Your Warnings

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Mass Dispatch 37.0: GB Strike Amnesty and How To Get Rid of ALL of Your Warnings 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Mass Dispatch 37.0

In this Edition of Mass Dispatch......................

The Summer Strike Amnesty Period on our General NBA Board is here .The Mass Matter also discusses The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator” Invitational: NFL Edition, “Beat The Commish” and a new competition where One User could have ALL of their warnings wiped away in a new competition called “Clean Slate”.

In Ask Howard, various questions about Amnesty, Logos and “When will I be able to post on The General NBA Board again?” are answered.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week which includes the promotion of one RealGM Moderator to Senior Moderator of the forum that they moderate.

Inside The Administrator's Office discusses our new Portland Trail Blazers Moderators, The San Francisco 49ers Moderator Search and a few other things.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.........

The Mass Matter: The General NBA Board Summer Strike Amnesty Period, The Mass Dispatch“Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational: NFL Edition; “Beat The Commish” and “Clean Slate”

General NBA Board Summer Strike Amnesty Period

It is that time of year again.

The Summer Strike Amnesty Period started Wednesday July 15 and run until August 15.

I have posted a thread on our General NBA Board that explains everything and where Users can ask questions.

Here are the rules.......

Who is eligible?

- Users with one strike 
- Users who have Successfully Appealed Read-Only Access and have two strikes.

Who is Not?

- Users with Read-Only Access
- Users with full General NBA Board Bans

Other Important Notes

- Strikes committed during The Amnesty Period July 15- August 15 are not eligible to be appealed during this time.

- Each User is allowed only one appeal and it must be sent between July 15 and August 15

- To appeal, users must have no other infractions on The RealGM Forums for the past 6 months from the day the appeal is sent.

- For Information on what our General NBA Forum Moderator Appeals Committee is looking for in each appeal, be sure to read Mass Dispatch 3.0 on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Competitions Coming and Returning to The Forums

During the so-called “Dead Season” where not much is going on in The NBA, I am planning some fun activities on the forums.

The “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: NFL Edition

In August, The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator” Invitational will have it's second NFL Edition.

Anyone who has ever wanted to become a Moderator will have the opportunity to apply to become one on any NFL Forum.

Last year, this competition led to MadNESS becoming a RealGM Moderator.

However, this year, the Invitational will follow the MLB format from this past spring where a Committee of Moderators, Retired Moderators and respected Users will select one applicant to receive an interview with me. Then, that User will go before that Committee again and will need 75 percent of the members to vote to make them a Moderator.

Unlike last time when Travis Knight who is now Stannis was runner up to ReasonablySober, got an interview because they were a very close second, only ONE USER will win that coveted interview with me.

I look forward to seeing who applies next month. The Invitational will get started in the next Edition of Mass Dispatch.

“Beat The Commish”

I am hoping to bring back “Beat The Commish” for a second season.

In this competition last year, Users made their weekly NFL picks and went up against me each week.

However, towards the end of the season, my time got really tight and will not have the time to run this if we do a second season.

So, I am looking for 1-3 people to help run things this season. You would basically tabulate scores, post Weekly Pick threads and maintain the User and Moderator Standngs.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

“Clean Slate”

Have you ever wanted the opportunity to have all of your warnings wiped out in one fell swoop?

In a few months, One User will get this opportunity.

Introducing the newest Mass Dispatch Competition “Clean Slate”.

Slated to start in late-September or Early-October, “Clean Slate” will be the opportunity that many Users with past violations covet.

It will be the chance to have all of their warnings vanish. A few runner-ups could win a warning or two stricken from their records.

While I not will divulge many details at this time, this is going to be a very competitive multi-round competition and more details will be revealed in each of the coming additions of Mass Dispatch leading up to the competition.

For the time being, I would suggest that all Users that are interested in competing for this opportunity to be sure to conduct themselves well these next couple of months and prepare themselves for a very competitive and brutal competition.

In the end, only User will have the opportunity to win a “Clean Slate”.

Ask Howard

If you have a question about anything RealGM, just send me a PM or leave your question in the Ask Howard thread on the Mass Dispatch forum.

The Regime Asks

When is the next suspension appeal period?

Howard's Response

I believe you are referring to our next Strike Amnesty Period. The Strike Amnesty Period has started and details are above.

Matches Malone Asks

When will the Milwaukee Bucks "Favorite Team" Logo under our contact info get updated to one of the new logos?

Howard's Response:

We currently have no timetable for this as our resources are tied up elsewhere. However, we now have a thread on the Feedback and Suggestions where Users can request updated logos

Big_Ticket Asks:

Hey guys i think i paid my dues,2years i cant even post on the general board...

Howard's Response:

If you have Read-Only Access on our General NBA Board, you have to send me an appeal and I then forward it to The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for this week's Mass Dispatch Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, please send me a PM or put your nomination in the appropriate thread on The Mass Dispatch forum. 

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

dorkestra

I like it when Users are innovative and willing to help others in the community.

Dorkestra did both of these recently by running a Mock Draft Competition on our Mock Drafts Forum and also helping a User out with their avatar.

The many great Users our community has helped make us great and dorkestra is an example of the wonderful people that we have posting on these forums.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch User of the Week

dorkestra

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Our Milwaukee Bucks Forum's “Arena Bill Debate” Thread

We have all been though it at least once.

It's a matter of life and death for our favorite sports teams.

If they do not get a new stadium, they are moving and the horror of that possibility is brutal for any fan base.

Our Milwaukee Bucks fans know the stakes especially after what happened to The Seattle Super Sonics years ago.

Already one of RealGM's best team forums, they already have a long thread to discuss the developments to keep their team in Milwaukee and think they will.

Congratulations to our Milwaukee Bucks Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

ICMTM

ICMTM has been a Sacramento Kings Moderator for quite a few years.

He has been loyal to RealGM throughout those years and even moderated other RealGM Forums in his earlier days.

In the past couple of years, The Sacramento Kings have been through a roller coaster ride.

Back when it looked like The Sacramento would become The Seattle Super Sonics, ICMTM was devastated and fought like hell when I wanted to move The Sonics Forum to The General NBA section.

While I eventually did what was best for the site and moved The Sonics Forum back to The General NBA section in case they did move, it definitely showed his passion. For the record, I believe The NBA will expand soon and The NBA will be back in Seattle.

ICMTM also has done a great job in helping get discussion on The Kings Forum going this summer by encouraging Users not to be scared to start threads.

His years of service to RealGM wonderful effort this off season has not only earned him User of The Week but a new title as well.

Effective Immediately, ICMTM is now Senior Moderator on our Sacramento Kings Forum.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week....

Sacramento Kings Forum Senior Moderator ICMTM!

Inside The Administrator's Office

Since the last edition of Mass Dispatch, two new Moderators were added to our Portland Trail Blazers Forum.

In the past couple of Mass Dispatches, I have stated how I want Users who are very active on forums for the role of Moderators.

The two new Moderators of our Portland Trail Blazers Forum are perfect examples of this.

DeBlazerRiddem and Moonbeam.

Both are very active not only on our Portland Trail Blazers Forum but other RealGM Forums like our NBA Draft and NBA Trades and Transactions Forums.

In just a few weeks, they have become leaders on the forum and am thrilled that I exited the Moderator Search with two very people.

I also learned through researching members, that our Blazers Forum has a nice bench of Users should another vacancy arise.

The next Moderator vacancy I plan to fill is the one on our San Francisco 49ers Forum which a bunch of Users migrated too about a year ago.

While things are in the early stages, things are still on track to have the vacancies filled by August 1.

And to close the Moderator news, Suns and Chargers Moderator bwgood77 has taken on our New Orleans Pelicans Forum on an interim basis. The change has already started to have effects on the forum and am hopeful a Moderator will emerge sometime between The NBA Trading Deadline and the 2016 NBA Draft.

Finally, earlier this month, Mass Dispatch turned one. When I started this column, it was intended inform Users of what is happening on the forums, recognize good Users and make the forums a even better place for RealGM Users.

I believe I have accomplished that and whil Mass Dispatch will not always be weekly due to time constraints, I plan to continue having it on the forums for years to come.

Thanks to all of you for helping to make Mass Dispatch a success.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,394

Post#2 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:27 pm

I am king
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

Re: Mass Dispatch 37.0: GB Strike Amnesty and How To Get Rid of ALL of Your Warnings 

Post#3 » by goober » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Jugs for mod
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,596

Re: Mass Dispatch 37.0: GB Strike Amnesty and How To Get Rid of ALL of Your Warnings 

Post#4 » by kyphi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:21 am

dorkestra is cool. Loyalty to Realgm and loyalty to realgm mods are two different things. So, meh to amnesty. Howard, you know I respect you.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:30 am

if someone wins the clean slate, can they gift it to someone else?

like netsforce?
Jugs
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#6 » by Jugs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm

i want full access of gen board please and thank you
Moobydoo
Sophomore
And1: 128

Post#7 » by Moobydoo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:50 am

If I want to participate in the clean slate comp ....how many infractions do I need to get in the next week or so?
To the guy in the wheelchair who stole my camouflage jacket ....'you can't run but you can hide!'
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#8 » by -bob- » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Back in 2005, I was suspended by a miserable Sacramento Queens mod for no good reason, please wipe my record clean. Thx.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#9 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:40 pm

I'd just like to point out that this is Mass Dispatch number 37 and therefore should be appreciated appropriately.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#10 » by Howard Mass » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:27 am

I am not going to reveal all of the details of "Clean Slate" at this time.

It's going to come little by little but no, you will be able to "gift" it to anyone. While a few of you might win a warning off of your record, only One User will have a chance to win a "Clean Slate".
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#11 » by Sofa King » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:06 pm

I would like a way to force people to post more that havent been on Realgm for a long time. They took the time to join. They honestly should contribute more like hermes quality posts. Just my two cents. :)

Return to Mass Dispatch