Mass Dispatch 38.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational; First Qualification for "Clean Slate"

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Mass Dispatch 38.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational; First Qualification for "Clean Slate" 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:31 pm

Mass Dispatch 38.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch........

The Mass Matter is The Second Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator” Invitational: NFL Edition.

I also unveil the first qualification for “Clean Sate” where one User will win a chance to have all of their warnings removed from their record.

An update on “Beat The Commish” is also provided.

In Ask Howard, User questions about “Clean Slate” are answered.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week Awards where the first User to appeal their General NBA Board Read-Only Access will be revealed.

We then go Inside The Administrator's Office where our new San Francisco 49ers Moderators are revealed along with some other things going on in my office.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter...................

The Mass Matter: Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational: NFL Edition; The First Qualification for “Clean Slate” and an update on “Beat The Commish”

The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational: NFL Edition

One year ago, I gave Users who felt they were unnoticed or consistently passed over a chance to apply for a chance to become a RealGM Moderator on an NFL Forum.

This led to MadNESS who had been passed over previously for our NBA Trades and Transactions Games Forum not only becoming our NFL Fantasy Forum Moderator but this also led to him becoming an NBA Trades and Transactions Forum Moderator.

So, if you feel you have been passed over, want an opportunity to become a RealGM Moderator and feel that you have what it takes to join the RealGM Moderating Team........

Send me a PM titled : “Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be a Moderator? Invitational”

Then just list the NFL forum you would like to apply for and why you are the best person to join The RealGM Moderator Team.

Applicants will be accepted until Wednesday August 12 at 11:59 P.M. U.S. EST

A Committee of Moderators, Retired Moderators and respected Users will then review the Applicants and their Applications. The User with the most votes will be the winner.

The winning applicant will be announced in the next edition of Mass Dispatch and will receive an interview with me for a chance to become a Moderator.

After that User completes their interview, I will forward the interview transcript to that Committee and will take a final vote. The User will then need 75 percent of The Committee to vote “Yes” for them to become a Moderator.

Whether or not the User clears that 75 percent threshold will then be revealed in the following Edition of Mass Dispatch.

I look forward to seeing all of the applications and if one of you will become the next RealGM Moderator.

The First Qualification for “Clean Slate”

My PM box has been getting stuffed the past couple of weeks. Many Users are interested in knowing on how they can get a “Clean Slate”.

I am keeping details close to vest and will reveal more in the weeks leading up to then start of “Clean Slate”.

In this edition, I am going to reveal the first one qualification ALL participants will need to have and it is pretty simple.

To apply, you MUST have a valid E-Mail address on your RealGM Account.

Quite a few Users do not and their E-Mails that are no longer in use bounce off of our notifications system and I end up getting a ton of E-Mails titled “Failure Notice” in my RealGM E-Mail.

So, if you are planning to apply for “Clean Slate”, you should check the E-Mail on your RealGM Account and make sure it is still in use.

Otherwise, you will be eliminated immediately when the competition starts.

“Beat The Commish”

I still hope that the “Beat The Commish” Weekly NFL Picks will return for this coming season but only one person has volunteered to help me run it.

Basically, participants pick the winners of all of the NFL games each week of the season and then we do a playoffs version.

Two other people are needed to help run things as I unfortunately will not have the time.

Here would be the responsibilities

1)Start The Weekly Pick Threads
2)Tabulate the results each week.
3)Keep the Weekly Standings up to date
4)Help round up the participants to make their picks each week.

If anyone is interested or has questions, please let me know via PM.

Ask Howard

If you have a question about anything RealGM, just send me a PM or leave your question in the Ask Howard thread on the Mass Dispatch forum.

Dr Aki Asks

If someone wins the clean slate, can they gift it to someone?

Howard's Response

No, they may not. One User is going to have a chance to win a “Clean Slate” and it will only be for their own account.

Moobydoo Asks

If I want to participate in the clean slate comp ....how many infractions do I need to get in the next week or so?

Howard's Response

I would recommend getting none. With that attitude, you will have no chance at winning the competition if you decide to enter “Clean Slate”.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for this week's Mass Dispatch Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, please send me a PM or put your nomination in the appropriate thread on The Mass Dispatch forum.

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Liver_Pooty

So many Users tell me “The General NBA Board Committee will never approve my appeal” “I'll be on Read-Only Access forever” “No one ever gets appealed”

I hear it often and I promise all of you that it is not true.

Quite a few Users have gotten their General NBA Board Read-Only Access overturned including Liver_Pooty.

However, Liver_Pooty has actually surpassed that.

They have also gotten both of their General NBA Board Strikes repealed via the last two General NBA Board Strike Amnesty Periods.

Liver_Pooty is the first User to pull off this feat and I hope other Users follow their example.

At this time, I want to congratulate Liver_Pooty on this wonderful achievement.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch User of The Week.............

Liver_Pooty

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The NBA Trades and Transactions Forums' Expansion Draft Scenario -- Who would you protect? Thread

Recently, our NBA Trades and Transactions Forum did a thread on all 30 NBA Forums asking Users who they would protect on their favorie teams if their was an Expansion Draft which I actually think will happen within the next 5 years.

It's another great activity from our NBA Trades and Transactions Forum to keep discussion alive alive during the dead season.

A lot of Users had fun with it and hope to see even more fun discussion threads courtesy of our NBA Trades and Transaction Forum.

Congratulations to our NBA Trades and Transactions Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

Eyriq

Our Orlando Magic had their yearly Forum Awards and several Users nominated me for Executive (Moderator) of the Year.

While I was honored, I was surprised that they would vote for me over Eyriq. After all, Eyriq is the most active poster among the current RealGM Orlando Magic Moderators and while I do post often, I've got many duties here at RealGM not only as an Administrator but with the many things that I do behind the scenes.

When I found out, I asked all of the voters to not cast any votes for me as I do not need any recognition. Everyone posting and being loyal members of the RealGM Forums is enough for me.

Anyway, Eyriq has always been a wonderful Moderator and has even taken on the sometimes daunting task of moderating on our Current Affairs Forum in the past.

Eyriq is a great example of how Moderators should stay active in terms of posting and interacting with Users while being a leader on a forum.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week............

RealGM Orlando Magic Moderator Eyriq!

Inside The Administrator's Office

We are very close to the one-year anniversary of when a group of San Francisco 49ers fans that have been together for over a decade unexpectedly migrated to our San Francisco 49ers Forum.

It was a thrill for me to see Users come to RealGM for Football and prove to our Golden State Warriors Moderators that their was enough interest here for The San Francisco 49ers Forum.

To make this community feel more like a permanent home for the refugees, I decided that to add at least one of them as a Moderator before the start of the 2015 season.

Before I appointed our two new 49ers Moderators, I wanted to give Ray_Dogg who was previously while this group was at that other forum and helped lead the refugees to this forum a proper Moderator retirement. They had been wrongly stripped of their Moderator position and banned along with other Users.

While Ray_Dogg declined to be a Moderator candidate, he agreed to allow me to give him a proper sendoff. Under this agreement, he become a Moderator San Francisco 49ers Forum for one day last week and then retired. He has an open door to join the Moderator Team if he ever gets the urge and we will see what happens.

As for the two Moderators, The most important thing for me was to find quality Users who not only conducted themselves well but also were active all year long and not just during the season. This helped narrow a deep bench of users on the forum along with the fact some potential candidates chose to remain Regular Users.

With assistance from Wolfay who is one of our Sacramento Kings Moderators and an Interim Moderator on our San Francisco 49ers Forum, I found two good Users in CalamityX12 and MHSL82.

CalamityX12 has been a RealGM User for about three years and also posted at the other forum so it was great to get someone who has also been here for a while. Brooklyn Nets Senior Moderator JerseyJac and Moderator Rich Rane also put in a strong word for them and can see why.

MHSL82 really wanted to be a Moderator from the start and brought up some great ideas to generate discussion during all periods of the year.

I feel both are going to do a wonderful job and am very happy with how this process played out.

On a final note, only two Users have applied for Strike Amnesty on our General NBA Board but am happy to report both Users received Strike Amnesty from their respective strikes. If you want to apply for Strike Amnesty, you have until August 15th.

More changes could be coming to The General NBA Board with some adjustments as we move towards the three-year Anniversary of The General NBA Board Policy next month.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,390

Re: Mass Dispatch 38.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational; First Qualification for "Clean Slate" 

Post#2 » by SOUL » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:54 pm

I sent you a PM, although I'm not sure it went through since it's not in my sent PMs folder.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mass Dispatch 38.0: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational; First Qualification for "Clean Slate" 

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:55 pm

SOUL wrote:I sent a PM, although I'm not sure it went through since it's not in my sent PMs.

I got it.

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,043

Post#4 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:14 pm

Wooo!
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,608

Post#5 » by fatlever » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:05 am

congrats Liver_Pooty!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,357

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:13 am

I think the Beat the Commish contest would be fun. It sounds like we just pick winners? We might have more interest if we do it with the spreads. It makes it much more competitive. That's my personal preference. Not sure if most prefer it with spreads though.

I also love the protection threads, but I would like to see the results of the pool of people who would be available to draft, and who would likely make up the new Sonics (or whoever) if an expansion draft took place. I keep checking to see that thread and assume it's coming at some point but haven't seen it yet.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:24 am

bwgood77 wrote:I think the Beat the Commish contest would be fun. It sounds like we just pick winners? We might have more interest if we do it with the spreads. It makes it much more competitive. That's my personal preference. Not sure if most prefer it with spreads though.

I also love the protection threads, but I would like to see the results of the pool of people who would be available to draft, and who would likely make up the new Sonics (or whoever) if an expansion draft took place. I keep checking to see that thread and assume it's coming at some point but haven't seen it yet.

Congrats to all the winners, especially Liver Pooty for a RealGM first!

As for the expansion, we're compiling lists and will post on the trade board, last year we did it and just left it open for each poster to pick their own team.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,633

Post#8 » by yosemiteben » Thu Aug 6, 2015 2:55 pm

Liver Pooty is an inspiration to us all!
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#9 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 7, 2015 3:31 pm

Thank you Howard Mass!!!!

I will surely be strong and driven to carry on this honor...

now, do I get my own parking spot?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 7, 2015 3:34 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Thank you Howard Mass!!!!

I will surely be strong and driven to carry on this honor...

now, do I get my own parking spot?

Yep, all the mods saved a spot for the new guys!

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#11 » by ChosunX » Sat Aug 8, 2015 4:44 pm

Is the Clean Slate this still going on?
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#12 » by Wo1verine » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:55 pm

I blame the Jays recent run for the issues RealGM are facing :P

Crashing and the And1's don't work right now ..
BrunoSkull
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » by Howard Mass » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

ChosunX wrote:Is the Clean Slate this still going on?

It has not started yet.

Above was just the first thing you need to qualify.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » by Howard Mass » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

Wo1verine wrote:I blame the Jays recent run for the issues RealGM are facing :P

Crashing and the And1's don't work right now ..

AND 1's are back. :D

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#15 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 am

I'll be announcing the Winner Of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational: NFL Edition early next week.

Four Users applied for an opportunity to win a Moderator Interview with me.

With a few days left, it does appear one applicant has separated themselves from the pack.

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#16 » by goober » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:21 pm

When is the next mass dispatch going to be posted Howie
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#17 » by ChosunX » Wed Sep 2, 2015 8:28 am

So i have a clean enough slate to get notification's about and 1's now...?

Return to Mass Dispatch