Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Mass Dispatch 39.0: "The Winner"; Qualification for "Clean Slate"; New Car 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:38 am

Mass Dispatch 39.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch.......

The Mass Matter reveals The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational” NFL Edition and who will receive that interview for a chance to become a Moderator.

The next Qualification for “Clean Slate” is also revealed.

I also have an update on “Beat The Commish”

In Ask Howard, An Update on AND 1 Notifications and The Log Out problem are addressed

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of he Week

Finally, in Inside The Administrator's Office, I introduce everyone to the two newest RealGM Moderators and dish on what is going on inside the office in non-cyber life during the dead season.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter..................

The Mass Matter

“The Winner”

In the last edition of Mass Dispatch, I gave Users who wanted a opportunity and/or felt unnoticed a chance to become a Moderator on an NFL Forum.

As part of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational, Users who were interested submitted applications for a chance to win an interview with me to become a Moderator.

Four Users decided to apply and their applications were reviewed by a Committee consisting of Moderators, Retired Moderators and some respected Users.

From the moment The Committee saw the appeals though, they clearly did not think this group had a Applicant like ReasonablySober or Stannis (Then-Travis Knight) who won a majority of the votes last time and questioned whether any of the candidates had what it took to be a Moderator.

In fact, some members chose to abstain because they did not feel anyone from the group was ready.

Now, I've interacted with two of the applicants at least once and while I found neither to be a surefire thing, I did feel they at least had some potential so while it will be an uphill climb for The Winner, I do not think it is impossible they could have a successful interview with me and get the 75 percent of The Committee vote needed to become a Moderator.

The Committee members still voted though and have selected a Winner in The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: NFL Edition.

The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: NFL Edition.........

Gobert

Gobert will now receive a Moderator interview with yours truly. The other three applicants will be contacted by me before the end of this coming weekend and I'll go over their future Moderator prospects with them.

Whenever your ready Gobert, shoot me a PM and we will set a time for your interview.

While Gobert appears to have an uphill climb, he does have an opportunity.

Will Gobert have a successful interview and be able to get 75 percent of The Committee vote to become a Moderator?

Feel free to discuss until The Committee's decision is announced in the next edition of Mass Dispatch.

I look forward to our chat Gobert and congratulations.

“Beat The Commish”

Time is running out for people to volunteer to help out with this year's version of “Beat The Commish”. Bwgood77 is still looking for help to run this year's competition.

“Beat The Commish” is pretty simple. Basically, Users and Moderators will go head to head with yours truly in picking the weekly NFL matchups and I think bwgood77 is planning to make it against the spread this year IF he gets two more people to assist him in running things.

If you are interested, please send me and bwgood77 a PM.

“Second Qualification For “Clean Slate”

Last time out, I announced all applicants were going to need a valid E-Mail address on their RealGM accounts to qualify for “Clean Slate”.

Well, here is the second qualification..........

All Applicants must have an appropriate Avatar, Signature, Location Line and no inappropriate lines in their profiles.

Basically, nothing sexual explicit or hateful.

Seems pretty simple right?

The first two qualifications are but in the next edition, the third and final qualification will be revealed and it is going to give some people who are interested a hard decision to make.

Ask Howard

If you have a question about anything RealGM, just send me a PM or leave your question in the Ask Howard thread on the Mass Dispatch forum.

A Ton of Users Asked:

When are The AND 1 Notifications Coming Back?

Howard's Response:

As you probably already know, The AND ! Notifications recently returned to RealGM.

It was a long wait for all of us me included but they are finally back.

I regret that this inconvenience ever happened and may it never happen again.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for this week's Mass Dispatch Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, please send me a PM or put your nomination in the appropriate thread on The Mass Dispatch forum.

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Our Portland Trail Blazers Forum Users

The dead season can be pretty boring for many basketball fans. Sure, some of us watch baseball this time of year and many of us are watching the NFL preseason to get ready for college football and The NFL but it still is very boring on the basketball front.

Our Portland Trail Blazers Forum is one of a number of RealGM Forums where Users are continuing to have discussion when there is really not much to talk about.

I wanted to give a shout out to this wonderful fan base who is participating and has a good bench of Users should another Moderator vacancy ever arise.

Congratulations to our Portland Trail Blazers Users!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Our Minnesota TimberWolves Forum's ““Major Deal” with POR?” Thread

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1404634#start_here

During the so-called dead season, it is usually just that in the NBA world. It is pretty boring. However, recently something got Users on our Minnesota Timber Wolves Forum excited when a tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer that The Blazers and Wolves were working on a “Major deal”.

As you can see in the first two posts, the buzz was shutdown by another tweet 10 minutess later. The rumor did briefly excite everyone and lead to some speculation as to what the trade might be.

After all, it's the dead season. Someone has to keep the juices following.

Congratulations to our Minnesota Timber Wolves Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

Moonbeam

I always love to recognize initiative from Moderators.

Portland Trail Blazers Moderator Moonbeam has put together an all-time Blazers contest to get by the dead season.

When he was appointed as a Moderator, I knew he would put together some nice activities as moonbeam is in non-cyber a college professor with a PHD in statistics.

The guy has to have a ton of ideas racing through his head and know this is just one of the first.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week Moonbeam!

Inside The Administrator's Office

Since the last Edition of this space, two new Moderators were added to our Chicago Bulls Forum.

GimmeDat and Ice Man.

They were selected after a process that included myself and our Chicago Bulls Moderators.

The goal was to add two Moderators this go-around who were extremely active and had clean records.

From the time I looked into the Users, GimmeDat and Ice Man just popped right out at me.

Both not only were active and had clean records, they also were respected on the forum and conducted themselves perfectly. In my chat with each of them, I found them to be wonderful people who turned out to even more than I expected. It was not a hard decision at all to ask them to join the Moderator Team.

What I also found during the search is our Chicago Bulls Forum has a nice bench of Users should another vacancy arise. This does not surprise me though given the great team of Moderators the forum has had for years.

It is great to have GimmeDat and Ice Man on The RealGM Moderator Team.

During the so-called “dead season” most of what has been going on recently in my office is things for me personally.

This past year or so has been the worst of my adult life. It started almost one year ago to this day when my sister, her boyfriend and my niece had to move up north and for the first time in our lives, we were separated by more than 50 miles. It was especially hard not being around my niece Bella who I had seen multiple days a week since she was born. They eventually came back a few months later but it was so hard having them 2000 miles away.

A few weeks later, my beloved cat Poopsie died.

Then, the horrible Governor in my state got re-elected and the consequences are worse than many think but that's another story.

After that, it was my sudden Gall Bladder removal surgery.

And finally, my 17-year old Honda Accord kept needing repairs and I sadly kept trusting the damn mechanics against my own instincts who said it can last 5 more years. The bills that will end next month really sucked and I'm definitely done with the place where I got the repairs.

It has been a crappy year but I am hoping things are on the up now.

This past week, I took the first step towards a better year and bought a new sea blue 2016 Hyundai Elantra and it is a wonderful car with so many nice features. From the time I signed the papers after hours at the dealership on Wednesday night to the day I was to deliver my old 1998 Honda Accord which my Nana left to us after she died back in 2003.

I never knew it would be so hard to say goodbye to the car. The anxiety from it and buying the new car caused me to lose about 5 pounds over the roughly two days. However, after I took my final drive in the car to the dealership, I said my goodbyes and I was fine. The car was a gift from my Nana but it was time for something new.

Once I was set up in my new car, I was fine and made a triumph drive home.

May this be the start of a much better year for me.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: Mass Dispatch 39.0: "The Winner"; Qualification for "Clean Slate"; New Car 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 2, 2015 11:59 am

Howard,

my first car was a 1976 Nova that had belonged to my grandma that I inherited when she passed. Getting rid of that car was one of the hardest things I ever had to do and I wish now I had just kept it instead of the $500 I got for it. Oh and my wife's cat died last month. Been married 16 years and got that cat the first month we were married. So I can feel a little of your pain anyway.

Hope this year is better for you mate.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,568

Post#3 » by Sofia » Wed Sep 2, 2015 1:07 pm

Howard, why not Honda Fit? Thought you were a lifelong fan?
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 1:09 pm

Congrats to Moonbeam! And bummer about the car Howard, but hopefully the new one runs well for you.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#5 » by IggieCC » Wed Sep 2, 2015 10:05 pm

Second Qualification For “Clean Slate” should put HeatWillRise out of contention for good.

Thank you Howard :-)

Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 10:35 pm

i bet the last qualification is , you have to change your user name .
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#7 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:49 am

IggieCC wrote:Second Qualification For “Clean Slate” should put HeatWillRise out of contention for good.

Thank you Howard :-)

Spoiler:

We all deserve a clean slate Mr.Howard.

Don't let this mean man cloud your judgement.
Bright
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 10:18 am

Nice job Moonbeam...cool contest you have going on there in the Blazers forum.

About Beat the Commish, if people have a preference on straight up vs against the spread, please chime in. I prefer against the spread as it eliminates the easier obvious picks and is more challenging, but I want to be sure to get the most participants possible as well.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#9 » by Marionettetc » Tue Sep 8, 2015 12:16 am

Howard,
I would look at your situation like this - I bet your late Grandmother never would have thought her passing gift would have lasted you and served you well for 17 years. I know your post wasn't about her passing, but I can relate and whenever I have to deal with personal things like the rest of your post, I always try to keep everything in perspective and find the silver lining.

Regards

Return to Mass Dispatch