MD 45.0: The Fate of bleu and BombsquadSammy; NFL Picks; A User Gets Rewarded; Insider Information

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

MD 45.0: The Fate of bleu and BombsquadSammy; NFL Picks; A User Gets Rewarded; Insider Information 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:14 pm

Mass Dispatch 45.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch............

The fate of the co-winners of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational bleu and BombsquadSammy is revealed.

An update from the first week of our NFL picks competition "Beat The Commish". Who were the standouts from this past week?

Which User did I personally awarded a Special Rank too?

"Inside The Administrator's Office" has some details on how a runner-up in the Invitational actually ended up getting to vote for the co-Winners.

I also hint give an update on "Clean Slate" and hint at a current Moderator search.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter..................

The Mass Matter: The fate of bleu and BombsquadSammy

The co-Winners of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational have had their interviews and The RealGM Moderator has weighed in with their decision on if bleu and BombsquadSammy are worthy of joining their ranks.

After bleu and BombsquadSammy completed their interviews, I shared their interview transcripts and other aspects of their screening processes with The RealGM Moderator Team.

They then cast their votes and debated the issue.

The votes have now been tallied and a decision on their fates has now been made.

When they won their interviews, both candidates tied with 29 percent of the vote each.

In this round of the voting, each had to receive 75 percent "YES" votes from the members of the RealGM Moderator Staff who choose to participate.

We will start with bleu..........

39 members of the RealGM Moderator Team choose to participate in the vote.

Here are the results

Spoiler:
35 of the 39 Moderators cast "YES" votes for a total of 90 percent of the vote.

The newest member of the RealGM Moderator Team is bleu.

Congratulations to you bleu and welcome aboard.

Please send me a PM so we can discuss your RealGM Moderator assignment.

Now, we move on to BombsquadSammy...........

45 members of the RealGM Moderator Team choose to participate in the vote.

Here are the results

Spoiler:
41 of the 45 Moderators cast "YES" votes for a total of 91 percent of the vote.

The other newest member of the RealGM Moderator Team is BombsquadSammy

Congratulations to you BombsquadSammy and welcome aboard.

Please send me a PM so we can discuss your RealGM Moderator assignment.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

If you feel that you have been passed over or want to get on my radar, the next "Who Wants To Be A Moderator" Invitational will be next summer.

NFL Picks "Beat The Commish"

The first week of our NFL Picks game "Beat The Commish" in the books and the man who is running "Beat The Commish" Global Moderator bwgood77 has an update.

"Beat the Commish is finally under way and week one is in the books. Of the 79 participants, 16 were able to “Beat the Commish” this week."

"At the top of the standings, is SC923 with 12 correct picks against the spread in week one. Right behind him for 2nd, with 11 correct, is RapsFanInVA with 11 corrrect. Five participants had 10, while 9 were tied with 9 correct. For more details of all those who Beat the Commish, please visit this thread viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1472442 and more details should be posted soon."

"Please remember, if you started out slow, you can still end up Beating the Commish more weeks than anyone else, as this is tracked separately than the overall leaderboard."

"We are also unable to identify a few of the participants who joined the league and didn’t use their RealGM username, and those are:

chris1ll 1chill48
CaptainGrayson 1CaptainGrayson
Vesuvios420 1Hey Yo!
Ken_nostradamus
MeSayMikey espn45971665
Cookies4phil81
Spread Picks

"Please respond in this thread or in the Beat the Commish thread here. viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1472442 to let us know if one of these entries is you."

"Good luck in the coming weeks."

Another User Gets a Special Rank/Nickname

Our Phoenix Suns Moderators especially bwgood77 have really been giving out a lot of Special Ranks/Nicknames to Users on that forum.

More forums plan to follow suit and as the Senior Moderator on our Orlando Magic Forum, I decided it was time to start rolling out Special Ranks/Nicknames for valuable Users.

The first one goes to Def Swami who passed on being a Moderator candidate a few months back as is close to finishing up his medical training. After going back and forth, I decided on his Special Rank.

It will be "Magic Forum Sports Doctor"

This Special Rank/Nickname is the first of a few that I will be unveiling on our Orlando Magic Forum.

Other Forums should be awarding Special Ranks/Nicknames as the season gets closer.

For now, congratulations to Def Swami!

Inside The Administrator's Office

The recent Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational took an interesting turn towards the end of the first round of voting.

roc had decided to scale back his Moderator duties to just our Gamers' Lounge Forum leaving a Moderator vacancy on that Forum.

Hawk Eye who had applied for the Invitational was determined to be the top candidate before the voting ended.

He would finish 3rd in the Invitational with 13 votes for 20 percent of the vote. Had he written a better application and not changed his Username, he very well could have won The Invitational.

It turns out he did not even need to enter and since he joined The RealGM Moderator Team before the vote on the co-Winners bleu and BombsquadSammy, he actually got to vote on if each of them became Moderators.

Kind of ironic isn't it?

In other news from my office.....

- A Moderator search is currently underway on one NBA Forum.

- "Clean Slate" is finally going to happen before the season gets started and one User will win an opportunity to have a clean slate on the RealGM Forums.

I will have more on this in the next edition of Mass Dispatch and it will be possible for multiple Users to at least have a warning taken off their record.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Re: MD 45.0: The Fate of bleu and BombsquadSammy; NFL Picks; A User Gets Rewarded; Insider Information 

Post#2 » by goober » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 pm

congrats bleu, Hawk Eye, and Bombsquadsammy!!! I heard a rumor that you guys get realgm TShirts
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: MD 45.0: The Fate of bleu and BombsquadSammy; NFL Picks; A User Gets Rewarded; Insider Information 

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Congrats bleu and BombsquadSammy!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Congrats to all the new mods!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:40 pm

Congrats guys! All great posters and glad to have you on the mod team!
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Goober wrote:congrats bleu, Hawk Eye, and Bombsquadsammy!!! I heard a rumor that you guys get realgm TShirts

if they get a t-shirt before me I will riot.

But seriously guys congrats and welcome to the Mod team!
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#8 » by KF10 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Congrats Bombsquadsammy, bleu & Hawk Eye for your new role as moderators!

Welcome!
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#9 » by -Sammy- » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:05 pm

This news made my day! Thanks very much to Howard and to all the great people 'round here. I'm publicly shouting-out ken6199 (Rockets red), who encouraged me to submit my application and who's been in my corner the whole time. To those mods who might not have been on-board for me just yet, I promise to do my best to be an asset to the RealGM community and make you guys glad I'm in the crew. Congratulations to bleu (I know, 'bleu' isn't the same as 'blue'; give me a break) as well!

Goober wrote:I heard a rumor that you guys get realgm TShirts

They can keep the shirt for the next guy; I'm just ready for them to start kicking down those sweet, sweet moderator checks.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#10 » by Slava » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Congrats y'all.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#11 » by magnumt » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:34 pm

:rockon:

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#12 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:44 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:This news made my day! Thanks very much to Howard and to all the great people 'round here. I'm publicly shouting-out ken6199 (Rockets red), who encouraged me to submit my application and who's been in my corner the whole time. To those mods who might not have been on-board for me just yet, I promise to do my best to be an asset to the RealGM community and make you guys glad I'm in the crew. Congratulations to bleu (I know, 'bleu' isn't the same as 'blue'; give me a break) as well!

Goober wrote:I heard a rumor that you guys get realgm TShirts

They can keep the shirt for the next guy; I'm just ready for them to start kicking down those sweet, sweet moderator checks.

Congrats big homie!
Bright
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by -Sammy- » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:51 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:Congrats big homie!

HOLY SMOKE!! Great to see you, mang! Where've you been?! I figured you weren't around anymore; I'm guessing you've been spending your time on the Heat board, huh? Because I haven't seen you on the GB in, like, a year!

One of the best RealGMers right here.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#14 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:57 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:

HOLY SMOKE!! Great to see you, mang! Where've you been?! I figured you weren't around anymore; I'm guessing you've been spending your time on the Heat board, huh? Because I haven't seen you on the GB in, like, a year!

:bowdown: To kind sir. Always a delight talking to you brother :nod:

Nah I was banned from GB a while ago lol no worries. Yeah Ive been kicking it @ the heat board man, stop by sometime!

Take the throne brah!
Bright
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by -Sammy- » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:58 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:

Nah I was banned from GB a while ago lol no worries. Yeah Ive been kicking it @ the heat board man, stop by sometime!

Take the throne brah!

Sorry, pal; I didn't know. Glad to see you back, though, and I hope we meet up a ton this season. I'll have to cruise over to the Heat board and watch you running things down that way.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#16 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:04 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:

Take the throne brah!

Sorry, pal; I didn't know. Glad to see you back, though, and I hope we meet up a ton this season. I'll have to cruise over to the Heat board and watch you running things down that way.

All is well bro! And likewise! Looking forward to the match-ups man! That's if CB is cleared ;)

Yes come on over anytime man, door is always open!
Bright
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#17 » by KingDavid » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:20 pm

Holy crap! I forgot to pick tonight's game!
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#18 » by KingDavid » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Ok I got it done. Pretty sure I picked every possible loss this week. Oh boy.

HM, do you do this with the NBA too? I should have done this sooner.

I am interested in the Clean Slate, but there are others more deserving, like HeatWillRise. I'll just post on different team's boards this upcoming season and likely apply for it next summer. I'm going to venture out to different boards more this nba season.
#HEATLifer

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#19 » by bleu » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:00 am

Huge thank you to everyone who has conveyed congratulations, and to any of the mods who voted for me, and I want to send a congratulations myself to BombsquadSammy. I'm excited to "join the ranks", and be a part of such a great moderator team.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#20 » by KingDavid » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:13 am

bleu wrote:Huge thank you to everyone who has conveyed congratulations, and to any of the mods who voted for me, and I want to send a congratulations myself to BombsquadSammy. I'm excited to "join the ranks", and be a part of such a great moderator team.

Congrats to both of you!

Additionally, thank the ones that didn't vote for you as well. You get a great chance to show them why they chose wrong. 8-)
#HEATLifer

Return to Mass Dispatch