Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#42 » by Howard Mass » Thu Feb 9, 2017 7:56 pm

Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

The Appeals Committee is swamped with appeals and am waiting for them to get through some of the current slate before forwarding more.

Rest assured, everyone who wants a review will get one and we probably will extend this into March.
User avatar
KingDavid
RealGM
Posts: 20,505
And1: 18,758
Joined: Sep 04, 2013
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#43 » by KingDavid » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:30 am

Howard Mass wrote:Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

The Appeals Committee is swamped with appeals and am waiting for them to get through some of the current slate before forwarding more.

Rest assured, everyone who wants a review will get one and we probably will extend this into March.

Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:
#HEATLifer

The pretty womandiva in my avatar? Val MercadoDwyane Waiters.
ag3
Analyst
Posts: 3,728
And1: 1,309
Joined: Mar 27, 2012
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#44 » by ag3 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi, I would like a clean slate as well, if possible.

Thank You.
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#45 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

The Appeals Committee is swamped with appeals and am waiting for them to get through some of the current slate before forwarding more.

Rest assured, everyone who wants a review will get one and we probably will extend this into March.

Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:


NO!

On another note, are you going to request an Account Review?
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#46 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:09 pm

ag3 wrote:Hi, I would like a clean slate as well, if possible.

Thank You.


All you got to do is request one.

If you do, please send it in mid-next week as the Committee is backed up with all of the appeals and I still have 6 more waiting to be put on the floor.
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#47 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:11 pm

In the past 24 hours, I have delivered good news to three Users.

- One got their only General NBA Board Strike Removed.
- One got their Read-Only Access and one of their two strikes removed.
- One got their Read-Only Access and both of their strikes removed.

Feel free to ask for your own account review but please wait until mid-next week as The Appeals Committee is backed up.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 40,637
And1: 17,427
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
     

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#48 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:00 pm

If you guys need help remembering if you have a strike, end one of us a PM and we'll check for you!
#FIREPHIL

Image
User avatar
KingDavid
RealGM
Posts: 20,505
And1: 18,758
Joined: Sep 04, 2013
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#49 » by KingDavid » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

The Appeals Committee is swamped with appeals and am waiting for them to get through some of the current slate before forwarding more.

Rest assured, everyone who wants a review will get one and we probably will extend this into March.

Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:


NO!

On another note, are you going to request an Account Review?

Yes, I will. I will wait until mid week to pm you the request if you'd prefer?
#HEATLifer

The pretty womandiva in my avatar? Val MercadoDwyane Waiters.
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#50 » by Howard Mass » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 am

KingDavid wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:


NO!

On another note, are you going to request an Account Review?

Yes, I will. I will wait until mid week to pm you the request if you'd prefer?


KingDavid,

Sounds good and please do wait till mid-week if you can.

Thanks!
User avatar
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
Posts: 82,165
And1: 30,454
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
   

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#51 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 am

howie can you review me please?
Image
User avatar
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 60,994
And1: 35,743
Joined: Nov 30, 2005
Location: Honeydew is the money melon
 

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#52 » by Geddy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:59 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:howie can you review me please?


Two thumbs down!
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#53 » by Howard Mass » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:03 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:howie can you review me please?


if you want a General NBA Board Account Review just send me a PM.
User avatar
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
Posts: 82,165
And1: 30,454
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
   

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#54 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:33 am

Geddy wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:howie can you review me please?


Two thumbs down!


Image
Image
User avatar
Vlade Divac
Veteran
Posts: 2,753
And1: 2,008
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Location: North York
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#55 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 pm

I did not know where to post this suggestion, so I apologize in advance if this is wrong thread.

We all know that this board is very active with tonnes on posts on a daily bases. Therefore it makes it a bit difficult to follow closely for all Raps fanatics. In all this sea of posts there are a lot of contribution worth reading likely to be missed for members who do not have whole day to filter through them. So what I suggest is to create a stickie where there would be selection of post with most plus one post from different threads from previous day. I think that would not be difficult to implement and very useful for all of us who come here daily. What do you think?
_______________________________________________________________
“That was nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him,” Johnson said.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,800
And1: 14,449
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#56 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:I did not know where to post this suggestion, so I apologize in advance if this is wrong thread.

We all know that this board is very active with tonnes on posts on a daily bases. Therefore it makes it a bit difficult to follow closely for all Raps fanatics. In all this sea of posts there are a lot of contribution worth reading likely to be missed for members who do not have whole day to filter through them. So what I suggest is to create a stickie where there would be selection of post with most plus one post from different threads from previous day. I think that would not be difficult to implement and very useful for all of us who come here daily. What do you think?


I think if you scroll through the first two pages you can see all threads of interest. MOST threads that are active stay on the first page for a few days if not longer. At worst they fall to the second page unless they only have a few posts. I think a quick scan each day for topics that might interest you might only take a few minutes.

But I can run it by the other moderators. It might be better to do it weekly though if we were to implicate something like that. Maybe like "Threads of the week or something".
User avatar
Vlade Divac
Veteran
Posts: 2,753
And1: 2,008
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Location: North York
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#57 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I think if you scroll through the first two pages you can see all threads of interest. MOST threads that are active stay on the first page for a few days if not longer. At worst they fall to the second page unless they only have a few posts. I think a quick scan each day for topics that might interest you might only take a few minutes.

But I can run it by the other moderators. It might be better to do it weekly though if we were to implicate something like that. Maybe like "Threads of the week or something".


I know that. But if you look at the Raptors board which is very, very active - it has daily 20-30 new threads with sometimes 20-30 pages in each of them. You cannot even glance through all of them. In my suggestion I did not mean threads, but posts with most +1 for that day (or week). Or if that is too complicated or not acceptable to have submenu in Notifications to select posts (within each threads or topics) which got most +1. Just a suggestion.
_______________________________________________________________
“That was nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him,” Johnson said.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,800
And1: 14,449
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#58 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I think if you scroll through the first two pages you can see all threads of interest. MOST threads that are active stay on the first page for a few days if not longer. At worst they fall to the second page unless they only have a few posts. I think a quick scan each day for topics that might interest you might only take a few minutes.

But I can run it by the other moderators. It might be better to do it weekly though if we were to implicate something like that. Maybe like "Threads of the week or something".


I know that. But if you look at the Raptors board which is very, very active - it has daily 20-30 new threads with sometimes 20-30 pages in each of them. You cannot even glance through all of them. In my suggestion I did not mean threads, but posts with most +1 for that day (or week). Or if that is too complicated or not acceptable to have submenu in Notifications to select posts (within each threads or topics) which got most +1. Just a suggestion.


Yes, we are discussing the best way to do this right now. Maybe something like a weekly stickied thread linking to solid threads.

The thing about most And1s, is that a funny meme someone posts might get 20-30 And1s while a great substantive posts gets 5. We are definitely discussing your suggestion though.
Asif16
General Manager
Posts: 8,963
And1: 10,843
Joined: Feb 03, 2013
     

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#59 » by Asif16 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:howie can you review me please?


if you want a General NBA Board Account Review just send me a PM.


Hey Howard, I was hoping to get a General NBA Board Account Review but it doesn't give me an option to PM you. Don't know why, so I assumed quoting you was the only other way.

Im currently on a read only access for the GB, if you were wondering. Thanks
Image
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50,046
And1: 6,688
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#60 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 am

Asif16 wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:howie can you review me please?


if you want a General NBA Board Account Review just send me a PM.


Hey Howard, I was hoping to get a General NBA Board Account Review but it doesn't give me an option to PM you. Don't know why, so I assumed quoting you was the only other way.

Im currently on a read only access for the GB, if you were wondering. Thanks


Asif16,

I fixed some things in your permissions.

Try PMing me now.

Return to Mass Dispatch