Mass Dispatch 49.0: Amazing GB Account Reviews; "WWTBAM" and I'm Calling People Out

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Mass Dispatch 49.0: Amazing GB Account Reviews; "WWTBAM" and I'm Calling People Out 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Mass Dispatch 49.0

In this Draft Day edition of Mass Dispatch......

The new General NBA Board Appeals process has been great for Users and I have the stats to prove it via the 149 Account eview requests that have been submitted since February.

A big change has also been made to The Appeals process that I will address as well as a reduced new user waiting period.
Details on the this Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational.

To close, I have some shout outs to some members of the RealGM Forums In "The Commish" Calls People Out.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.

The Mass Matter.............: The Results of The General NBA Board Account Reviews and Some Changes

Back in February, I announced with our new and improved General NBA Board Policy that any User with a warning on The General NBA Board may request an Account Review of all of their General NBA Board Warnings.

The Account Reviews have been about giving users another chance and also to acknowledge that while a General NBA Board Policy is good for the Forums, it was just too strict and at times too tightly enforced. The Appeals process was too strict as well and I along with The General NBA Board Moderators made some neccessary changes.

A user's Account Review only had to be the following....

A simple PM to me saying "Can I have an Account Review?"

That was it. Some Users choose to do more and thart might have helped them.

During these Account Reviews, The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee had the ability to remove a User's Read-Only Access, one or more strikes, make no changes or even give The User a "Clean Slate" which whipes away ALL General NBA Board infractions.

The Committee did not need to issue reasons for their decisions although they were mostly in the mood of giving second chances.
149 Users requested an Account Review.

Of those 149 Users that requested an Account Review......

98 of 149 Users were awarded A "Clean Slate" on our General NBA Board.

7 other Users who did not have or had already successfully appealed their Read-Only Access got all of their strikes removed.

1 other User actually had only General NBA Board Warnings from before the old General NBA Board Policy but The Committee still gave them an Account Review anyway with the User getting a "Clean Slate".

That is 106 of 149 Users who requested an Account Review that walked away with ZERO General NBA Board infractions.

The news was not all bad for 38 of the other 43 Users as they got their Read-Only Access lifted and a lot of them had their strike count reduced to one.

As for those other 5 Users, was banned from RealGM during their Account Review for violations on other RealGM Forums.

The other 4 simply either had a lot of recent violations on other RealGM Forums or were busted recently for evading their Read-Only Access Status.

When there is a process where 144 of 149 Users get good news, it cannot hurt to give it a shot. What do you have to lose? And no, that line is not a trick or a con as the line was used by that fraud currently in The White House last year. Many people were fooled but not me as I voted for Hillary who actually did get the most votes. The Electoral College needs to go......

Anyway, I am a real person behind this computer and there is a fair and compassionate General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee that receives your appeal. If you would like an Account Review, just send me a PM....

With the Subject...... Account Review

and the body........... Can I please have an General NBA Bioard Account Review. You could write more and it's totally up to the User.

New Account Review Process

I am happy to announce that the Account Review Process is the new General NBA Board Appeals Process.

Gone are the days of Users appealing every 60 days to a strict Appeals Committee in hopes of getting their Read-Only Access or getting a strike removed during one of our Strike Amnesty Periods.

Now, Users will get One Account Review every six month where they can ALL of their General NBA Board infractions removed.
The only condition is the strikes or action you are appealing cannot have been issued in the past 60 days.

Given how the new General NBA Board Policy is 4 strikes until a User gets at least 60 days of Read-Only Access, I feel this will be too tight of a process.

Here is the strike system

Strike 1 | First infraction

Strike 2 | Second infraction

Strike 3 | Third infraction

7 days of Read-Only Access Status. After the 7th day, the User simply needs to PM Howard Mass and ask to be reinstated. It will then be done.

Strike 4 | Fourth infraction

Read-Only Access Status that cannot be appealed for 60 days.

Strike 5 | Fifth infraction

Read-Only Access Status that cannot be appealed for at least 6 months. The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee will determine when their first appeal date would be.

Only 18 Users have gotten to 3 strikes in nearly 5 months since the new policy was introduced and only 5 have made it to strike 4.

So, this is mostly going to be about Users requesting Account Reviews to get their strike count down.

If anyone has any questions, please do post them here but I highly suggest any User thinking about doing so should request a General NBA Board Account Review.

Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Returns

The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational will be back again in July.

This is the one time a year where Users who feel passed over, disenfranchised or just really want the opportunity to join the ranks of The RealGM Moderator Team can inquire and apply for a chance to win an interview with yours truly to become a RealGM Moderator.

Applicants may apply to be a Moderator on any RealGM Forum although that Forum might not be available.

For example, one of last year's two winners of the competition BombsquadSammy applied to be a General NBA Board Moderator and while he almost was selected as a General NBA Board Moderator, he ended up co-moderating our San Antonio Spurs Forum.

I will have more on this year's competition in next month's edition of Mass Dispatch.

"The Commish" Calls People Out

This is a new edition where I am going to recognize members of the RealGM community with some shoutouts for mostly good contributions to The RealGM Community. There will also be ones where I congratulate Users and Moderators and a few others where I call some people out.

It should be fun.

I'm actually going to allow Global Moderator and Phoenix Suns Moderator bwgood77 who is one of the biggest User advocates amongst The RealGM Moderator Team to do the first one. He wrote up the following to recognize a User who has done some great Draft Analysis and a co-Moderator.

We are running a RealGM Mock Draft Competition in which you try and guess the first 14 picks. If you'd like to participate or find out more information about it, click on this link Mock Draft Competition

I'd like to recognize a Suns poster, darealjuice for taking the time to write a detailed analysis on a number of the top prospects. If you'd like to see these breakdowns on many of the top prospects, which you may have seen on the Suns forum or other forums.

I'd also like to recognize Suns moderator batsmasher for doing a season long tally of the most valuable and least valuable players of each Suns game, with it culminating in a thread with graphs and charts detailing how each player trended throughout the season. This obviously took a great deal of effort, so to see so much work and effort put into something to make a team forum more interesting is great to see. If you are interested in seeing the final product of what came out of the season long effort, you can do so here by looking at the Nashty awards

batsmasher also was responsible for creating the google doc that is being used in the Mock Draft competition, which again, appears to have taken quite a bit of work and is greatly appreciated.

A big Thank you to bwgood77

I also want to thank darealjuice for his contributions and I do need to update your rank. Your write-ups were outstanding.
batsmasher: This is just another example of why bwgood77 pushed so hard for you to become a Moderator. I am glad he did.

Moving on..............

The Mock Drafters: I used to love to do these but I just hate how most people these days update their Draft as the day goes on based on reports. It kind of ruins the process and to make things worse, a few of the "big ones" will change their Mocks after the Draft.

The NBA Draft is the most wonderful day of the year for me and having a busted Mock Draft like most everyone will have just ruins the fun for me and others.

We all just need to have a great time tonight and I am not going to worry about my Mock.

New and Retiring Moderators: Since the last edition of Mass Dispatch, a bunch of new Moderators have joined the ranks and some long-time Moderators had been doing so good in their careers that they no longer had time for the Forums so they hang them up.

All the Moderators who retired have an open door and I feel a few might have another run in them in the future so I am going to say a bunch of good-byes in this space.

If you have already done so and your favorite forum has a new Moderator (s) or one just retired,

Hold Outs: To anyone who is nervous about PMing me to get a General NBA Board Account Review, here are some of the Users who got their Read-Only Access lifted during Account Reviews.

Dupp, Jugs, RIPSkaterdude and even blkbrd671 got their Read-Only Access lifted. Heak, one User who had appealed their Read-Only Access SIX times, received a "Clean Slate" earlier this month.

Do not be shy, you have NOTHING to lose.

The Few People Who Think They Can Use Racist Remarks Or Insult Someone Because of their Faith: I'm going to come down hard on your ass if you pull this crap.

RealGM: Have a great Draft Night! I'll be helping run the front page tonight and please be civil as I do not want any Moderators to have to issue a warning on the most wonderful night of the year.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,834

Re: Mass Dispatch 49.0: Amazing GB Account Reviews; "WWTBAM" and I'm Calling People Out 

Post#2 » by Sofia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Howie :wave:
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Re: Mass Dispatch 49.0: Amazing GB Account Reviews; "WWTBAM" and I'm Calling People Out 

Post#3 » by goober » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Howard! Love you guy you're awesome
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#4 » by Bertrob » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 am

How great is our lord
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#5 » by Wo1verine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:55 am

I'm actually going to allow Global Moderator and Phoenix Suns Moderator bwgood77 who is one of the biggest User advocates amongst The RealGM Moderator Team to do the first one.

Not shocked at all by reading this :D
BrunoSkull
Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#6 » by Diamondman07 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 am

Is there an account review for the trade and transaction board? Or only for the general board?
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#7 » by Battery » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:02 am

Howard Mass wrote:
When there is a process where 144 of 149 Users get good news, it cannot hurt to give it a shot. What do you have to lose? And no, that line is not a trick or a con as the line was used by that fraud currently in The White House last year. Many people were fooled but not me as I voted for Hillary who actually did get the most votes. The Electoral College needs to go......

Hmmm that's actually very offensive, but coming from you I understand. You are essentially calling people stupid who voted for Trump. Perhaps that is why Democrats keep losing state and local elections all over the country? It wasn't just the White House you lost, but the Senate and House too since the community organizer ran this country into the ground. Also, Republicans now hold 33 governorships - a 95-year high not seen since 1922.

Nobody cares who got the most votes in our Presidential election. You don't campaign for most total votes. But you already knew that.

You know me Howard, and I certainly know you. After all these years, I can finally smile knowing that for at least the next 3 1/2 years you will be miserable as President Trump keeps on winning. #MAGA

Spoiler:

:usa:
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#8 » by darealjuice » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Really appreciate the shout out Howard and BW, glad you enjoyed reading the little write-ups I did. I'll probably do some again next year, but hopefully the Suns aren't so bad next year that I'm watching as much college basketball as I did this year :lol:

Gotta say BW deserves all the recognition he gets, really great mod that definitely cares about helping maintain a strong online basketball community. Dude puts in a lot of effort and is one of the reasons I've stuck around here for sure.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,461

Post#9 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Props to all the RealGM crew for handling the draft day beautifully. Everything ran smoothly. No hangups, hiccups or overloaded servers. Nicely done, and thank you for providing a great and smooth draft day experience.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#10 » by Geddy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:18 am

Howard, can we get a shout out for my man Mark K - he's been going through a rough time lately with all the Bulls news.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,834

Post#11 » by Sofia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:44 am

Mark K pls come back to OTB
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#12 » by Geddy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 am

I give Mark K a clean slate, he may return
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Wo1verine wrote:
I'm actually going to allow Global Moderator and Phoenix Suns Moderator bwgood77 who is one of the biggest User advocates amongst The RealGM Moderator Team to do the first one.

Not shocked at all by reading this :D

bwgood77 is wonderful.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Diamondman07 wrote:Is there an account review for the trade and transaction board? Or only for the general board?

Not at the moment.

The NBA Trades and Transactions Forum might be getting a General NBA Board-like Policy and Strike System this summer.

This also means no Users have any strikes.

It is possible there will be another RealGM "Clean Slate" Competition this summer though that could remove basic warnings.

i hope that answers your question. If not, please let me know.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#15 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Battery wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Hmmm that's actually very offensive, but coming from you I understand. You are essentially calling people stupid who voted for Trump. Perhaps that is why Democrats keep losing state and local elections all over the country? It wasn't just the White House you lost, but the Senate and House too since the community organizer ran this country into the ground. Also, Republicans now hold 33 governorships - a 95-year high not seen since 1922.

Nobody cares who got the most votes in our Presidential election. You don't campaign for most total votes. But you already knew that.

You know me Howard, and I certainly know you. After all these years, I can finally smile knowing that for at least the next 3 1/2 years you will be miserable as President Trump keeps on winning. #MAGA

Spoiler:

:usa:

It was meant to be offensive to anyone. It was more like me kidding around although it is a very serious situation.

If you read my Twitter feed, you know I have my opinions and do like the heartless policies Trump and the right want to bring on to this country.

A lot of people are going to be miserable at the hell this country will go through for 3 1/2 more years but I am not going to let it get me down or be miserable.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#16 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 pm

darealjuice wrote:Really appreciate the shout out Howard and BW, glad you enjoyed reading the little write-ups I did. I'll probably do some again next year, but hopefully the Suns aren't so bad next year that I'm watching as much college basketball as I did this year :lol:

Gotta say BW deserves all the recognition he gets, really great mod that definitely cares about helping maintain a strong online basketball community. Dude puts in a lot of effort and is one of the reasons I've stuck around here for sure.

You earned it!

I loved the effort you put in too and you are a valuable of our Phoenix Suns and RealGM community as a whole. I am very happy to hear you might do this again next season.

Bwgood77 definitely is great and am happy to have him on The Moderator Team.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#17 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Props to all the RealGM crew for handling the draft day beautifully. Everything ran smoothly. No hangups, hiccups or overloaded servers. Nicely done, and thank you for providing a great and smooth draft day experience.

I.M.,

Damn Straight!

You helped though as you are doing as a Utah Jazz Moderator. :D

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Geddy wrote:Howard, can we get a shout out for my man Mark K - he's been going through a rough time lately with all the Bulls news.

It was a tough trade for the fan base.

I do not think it is as bad as people thing but they definitely should not have thrown in #16 and maybe could have gotten more.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#19 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Sofia wrote:Mark K pls come back to OTB

I'd like to see GOTB become more inviting.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Geddy wrote:I give Mark K a clean slate, he may return

He definitely can and he doesn't need no Clean Slate.

Return to Mass Dispatch