Mass Dispatch 50.0: Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Signature and Avatar Issues, E-Mails

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Mass Dispatch 50.0: Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Signature and Avatar Issues, E-Mails 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 am

Mass Dispatch 50.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch..........

The Mass Matter features the return of the once a year Mass Dispatch: "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational that gives Users who feel past over, not noticed or shafted, their chance to win an interview to become a RealGM Moderator.

Ask Howard tackles a question quite a few Users have had regarding where they can post Signatures and Avatars from.

I also have some Shout outs to various members of the RealGM Community about Signatures, Avatars, Winners, Moderators and E-Mails.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter..................

The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational is back

The one time a year where Users who feel passed over, rejected, shafted, disenfranchised, relentlessly campaign to be a Moderator (there are a few) or just want the opportunity to join the ranks of The RealGM Moderator Team is here.

Users who fit the above criteria can inquire and apply for a chance to win an interview with yours truly to become a RealGM Moderator.

Applicants may apply to be a Moderator on any RealGM Forum even if that Forum has no vacancy.

For example, one of last year's two winners of the competition BombsquadSammy applied to be a General NBA Board Moderator and while he almost was selected outright as a General NBA Board Moderator, he ended up co-moderating our San Antonio Spurs Forum. He eventually did become a General NBA Board Moderator as they had actually unknowingly been a candidate for that Forum before they had applied and when a vacancy came up, he ended up becoming a General NBA Board Moderator.

This Invitational has been a great opportunity for Users who wanted an opportunity. The Winners of the Invitational that have gone on to become Moderators are MadNESS, ReasonablySober (formerly DrugBust),Bleu and BombSquadSammy. All have been very solid Moderators on their respective Forums.

There have also been several runner ups who have not won the interview and gone on to become Moderators down the line. I'll save that for the next edition to encourage the runner ups. All runner ups are guaranteed an honest assessment of their future Moderator prospects at the end of the Invitational.

So, if you have the ambition to join the RealGM Moderator Team or feel like you have been overlooked, shafted or passed over..........

Just send me a PM titled : “Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be a Moderator? Invitational”

Your application should include your Username and a link to your profile.

Then just list the forum(s) you would like to apply for if you want to apply for a specific one and why you are the best person to join The RealGM Moderator Team.

Applications will be accepted until Monday July 31 at 11:59 PM U.S. EST.

Members of The RealGM Moderator Team will then cast their votes on whom they feel most deserves a shot to join their ranks.

The winning applicant will win an interview with me for a chance to become a Moderator and that will be announced in the next edition of Mass Dispatch.

I look forward to seeing all of the applicants and if one of you will become the next RealGM Moderator.

Ask Howard

If you have a question for Ask Howard, simply send me a PM or post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Multiple Users have asked recently: What are the allowed sites for Signatures and Avatars?

Howard's Response: The sites we allow are...

Imgur
Imageshack
Photobucket
TinyPic

This is because they are credible sites and will not have viruses attached to them.
It is possible other sites could be allowed in the future.

"The Commish" Calls People Out

This is the section where I am going to recognize members of the RealGM community with some shoutouts for mostly good contributions to The RealGM Community. There will also be ones where I congratulate Users and Moderators and a few others where I call some people out.

New Moderators: Since the last edition, several new Moderators have joined the RealGM Moderator Team.

Duke4life831: General NBA Board
Mamba4Goat: NBA Trades and Transactions Forum
Timmaytime: NBA Trades and Transactions Games Forum
kulaz3000: Chicago Bulls Forum
Payt10: Chicago Bulls Forum
BullyKing: Philadelphia Sixers

All are wonderful additions and am very happy to have them on board.

Retiring Moderators

Several Moderators also decided to hang em up. However, I would not be surprised to see all three return down the line.

Ben: Chicago Bulls
Jazzfan1971: Global Moderator
Slava: General NBA Board and L.A. Lakers Forum.

I would like to thank them again for their service and again, the door is open for all three to return and would be surprised if they did not one day.

Mock Draft Winners: You might have noticed a few Users with new rank's under their Usernames.

It's what happens when you win a contest on the Forums. They are not the first and will not be the last to be awarded/earn special ranks.

Congrats to all of the Winners.

Favorite Team Logo Update: We finally got around to updating some logos for the favorite teams option.

I want to thank Sashobe and Trailbreaker for their persistence in requesting that The Vegas Golden Knights option be added for NHL as it now has.

There are still updates we have to do and I am hoping our programmer will have time to add more options and update more logos for this feature.

If you have a request, just post it on the Feedback and Suggestions Forum. You will find the appropriate thread there.

Photobucket Size Limit: Lately, Photobucket has adjusted their signature and avatar size limit and it has led to some Users getting a picture like a speed gage in place of their Signature and/or Avatar.

If anyone of these, please do adjust it.

A Volunteer to help Users With Signatures and Avatars: Lately, quite a few Users have had trouble with their Signature or Avatar. I am not the best in this aspect so I am looking for a User or two willing to help people with their Signatures and Avatars. If you are interested, please send me a PM. Whomever I select will receive a Special Rank.

If The E-Mail Attached To Your Account Is No Longer In Use.... Please send me a PM and I'll change it for you. I ask because E-Mails no longer in use are filling up my E-Mail box.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,885

Re: Mass Dispatch 50.0: Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Signature and Avatar Issues, E-Mails 

Post#2 » by Sofia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:27 pm

As Deputy OTB Moderator, I would like to call out Mark K.

Please come back to OTB and let us know you're OK.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Re: Mass Dispatch 50.0: Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Signature and Avatar Issues, E-Mails 

Post#3 » by Bertrob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Hello Howard I think you run a great website. Please keep being excellent
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

All of the people using photobucket, they do not allow images on third party accounts unless you upgrade your account to one that costs $$$. This is why so many avatars are not working, so I suggest switching to one of the others. I found that TinyPic works well.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Sofia wrote:As Deputy OTB Moderator, I would like to call out Mark K.

I'd love to see more of Mark K and he has an open door to return to the Moderator Team.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Bertrob wrote:Hello Howard I think you run a great website. Please keep being excellent

Thank you Bertrob and will do.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:All of the people using photobucket, they do not allow images on third party accounts unless you upgrade your account to one that costs $$$. This is why so many avatars are not working, so I suggest switching to one of the others. I found that TinyPic works well.

Brian,

I did not know this.

Thanks for letting me know.

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#8 » by goober » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 pm

I will sure miss RealGM these upcoming two years, and you too Howard Mass ya peachy guy!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » by Howard Mass » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:08 am

Goober wrote:I will sure miss RealGM these upcoming two years, and you too Howard Mass ya peachy guy!

Goober,

We are going to miss you too.

Good luck on your mission.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,400

Post#10 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 am

bwgood77 wrote:All of the people using photobucket, they do not allow images on third party accounts unless you upgrade your account to one that costs $$$. This is why so many avatars are not working, so I suggest switching to one of the others. I found that TinyPic works well.

I was wondering what was going on with that. Thanks for the update.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,067

Post#11 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Goober wrote:I will sure miss RealGM these upcoming two years, and you too Howard Mass ya peachy guy!

You're one of our steadiest players and nicest guys in the Trades and Transactions Games Forum. You will be missed!
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#12 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 pm

I guess i can help with Avatars and Signatures.....depending on what it entails. I used to do alot of them for our board, and then for posters of other boards, but it got to a point where it just became so overwhelming with constant crazy requests and took up way too much time (I was spending hours on just 1 sig because it had to be perfect in my eyes; Dr. Dre complex).
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#13 » by Geddy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:23 pm

I feel like Mark K deserves an appreciation thread.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » by Howard Mass » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:43 am

Bensational wrote:

I was wondering what was going on with that. Thanks for the update.

bwgood always stays on top of this stuff.

Laimbeer wrote:

You're one of our steadiest players and nicest guys in the Trades and Transactions Games Forum. You will be missed!

He definitely is.

Kerrsed wrote:I guess i can help with Avatars and Signatures.....depending on what it entails. I used to do alot of them for our board, and then for posters of other boards, but it got to a point where it just became so overwhelming with constant crazy requests and took up way too much time (I was spending hours on just 1 sig because it had to be perfect in my eyes; Dr. Dre complex).

Awesome! I'll PM you this weekend.

I'll probably have a few people helping out here.

Geddy wrote:

I feel like Mark K deserves an appreciation thread.

Mark K is awesome and has an open door to return to The RealGM Moderator Team at anytime.

CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,190

Post#15 » by CodeBreaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 am

I also suggest imgur. It works as good as TinyPic :)
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,885

Post#16 » by Sofia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

If Mark K doesn't acknowledge the OTB he will get a strike
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#17 » by roc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:16 am

My adblock has been getting a serious workout blocking all those :curse: photobucket placeholder images.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 am

CodeBreaker wrote:

I also suggest imgur. It works as good as TinyPic :)

Those are both approved sites too.

Sofia wrote:If Mark K doesn't acknowledge the OTB he will get a strike

No, he will not. :wavefinger:

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#19 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:13 am

Just a reminder, The Deadline to enter The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational is tonight at 11:59 U.S. EST.

No applications will be accepted after that time.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » by Howard Mass » Tue Aug 1, 2017 4:05 am

The Deadline to submit your application for The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational has passed.

While I will not reveal any of the applicants, 9 Users submitted an application for The Invitational.

Good Luck to all of the Applicants!

Return to Mass Dispatch