New York City FC Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Official New York City FC Thread 

Post#61 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Jan 5, 2015 3:06 pm

kdawg32086 wrote:Sooo...any thoughts on who NYCFC brings in now as designated players to fill the roster?

No idea. Maybe someone else currently connected to Manchester City?
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#62 » by kdawg32086 » Tue Jan 6, 2015 2:26 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:Sooo...any thoughts on who NYCFC brings in now as designated players to fill the roster?

No idea. Maybe someone else currently connected to Manchester City?

If that's the case then my guess would be someone like Demichelis.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#63 » by MaliBrah » Tue Jan 6, 2015 2:30 am

doubt that happens , they need demichelis with mangala being poor and kompany being injury prone. I don't think any of the fringe players would agree to a NYCFC move as well.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#64 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Jan 6, 2015 3:57 am

The mls has to overtake the Mexican league for talent in south America.

Monterrey for example, has signed Dorlan pabon, estefan medina, cardona, mejia, and chara from Colombia. These are all national team or borderline national team guys. MLS can't compete with Europe, but you gotta beat Mexico and Argentina to these kind of players if they wish to be a legit league
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jan 6, 2015 3:34 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:The mls has to overtake the Mexican league for talent in south America.

Monterrey for example, has signed Dorlan pabon, estefan medina, cardona, mejia, and chara from Colombia. These are all national team or borderline national team guys. MLS can't compete with Europe, but you gotta beat Mexico and Argentina to these kind of players if they wish to be a legit league

I agree.

MLS has done a great job nabbing most of the talent from the Caribbean islands like Jamaica and so on, but still need to focus on more of South America.

It's a tough road while managing these players under the salary cap, but as the cap goes up, so will the talent level.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#66 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Jan 6, 2015 4:07 pm

Yeah they need to do away with the cap if they want to compete with other leagues
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jan 6, 2015 10:54 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Yeah they need to do away with the cap if they want to compete with other leagues

We are a long way off from that happening in MLS, if ever.

I think the cap needs to be raised to bring in more talent, but rampant spending would destroy the league.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#68 » by poeman » Fri Jan 9, 2015 7:58 am

People are pissed in NY...Fans who are embracing this club hate how this is playing out.

We want a new DP!!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jan 9, 2015 2:53 pm

poeman wrote:People are pissed in NY...Fans who are embracing this club hate how this is playing out.

We want a new DP!!

Yup, it's been a complete mess from day one. MLS must be in shock by how badly this has played out.

No stadium, and a DP that signed but didn't sign, but committed, but didn't really.

Manchester City have been left embarrassed after it emerged they misled fans over Frank Lampard's status.

Lampard issued a statement today, in an effort to clarify the situation regarding the controversial decision to extend his deal with City until the end of this season.

The former Chelsea and England star had been due to join City's MLS franchise New York City FC on January 1, following a loan spell with the Premier League champions.

But it has since emerged the statement on the NYCFC website in July, stating Lampard’s two-year contract took effect from August 1, was a mistake.

City have also conceded the initial statement on their own website, claiming Lampard was on loan to them from NYCFC, was also an error.

It has also been revealed there was never a break-clause in Lampard’s contract with City and that the 36-year-old was only on a short-term contract with the Blues until December 31.

What had been agreed was a 'head of terms commitment' from Lampard to join NYCFC from January 1, which was extended to the end of this season.

The revelations are embarrassing for City, who, along with NYCFC, gave the impression Lampard was on loan to them from the MLS club and had an obligation to join them at the turn of the year.

The Premier League have insisted City have broken no rules regarding their agreements with Lampard, who has re-iterated he will join NYCFC from July 1.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nk-4948515
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Frank Lampard finally signs MLS contract to play for NYCFC

Frank Lampard has finally signed his Major League Soccer contract to play for New York City FC.

NYCFC confirmed to The Associated Press on Saturday that earlier this week Lampard signed a two-year contract to start in July - midway through the new team's first season in MLS.

The announcement followed the AP detailing repeated misleading public statements from NYCFC and partner club Manchester City about Lampard's status.

NYCFC stated last July that Lampard signed a two-year contract to start in August 2014. Within two weeks, Man City said the former Chelsea midfielder was returning to the Premier League on ''loan,'' having previously categorically ruled out playing for another English club.

But after the Man City stay was extended on Dec. 31 until June, it emerged that Lampard was in fact on a permanent deal in England.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/f ... :foxsoccer
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:10 pm

New York City FC ink USMNT playmaker Mix Diskerud ahead of MLS expansion season

Mix Diskerud is coming to America. Finally.

New York City FC announced on Tuesday that they have inked Diskerud to a contract ahead of their upcoming MLS debut season, bringing a talented midfield playmaker to the Big Apple and finally landing Diskerud in a league he’s flirted with for years.

NYCFC used the top spot in the MLS Allocation Order to sign Diskerud after they won the spot in the Expansion Priority Draft in September. Diskerud, who was acquired on a free transfer, will not be considered a Designated Player, and therefore was subjected to the Allocation Order like other USMNT players in recent years such as Jay DeMerit, Carlos Bocanegra and Benny Feilhaber.

Per league rules, details of the contract were not disclosed.

“New York City FC have made my wish as an American a reality by giving me the opportunity to play and live in the US," Diskerud said in a club statement. “Everybody I have spoken to on the men’s national team about [NYCFC manager] Jason Kreis has spoken highly of him to me. I felt exactly the same way after meeting him. I’m sure he will help me to develop my game, to succeed with our team here in New York and to stay involved with the national team. Coming to play for New York City FC was an easy decision for me.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... ion-season
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,092

Post#72 » by magik9113 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 pm

great signing. i love mix
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#73 » by kdawg32086 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 am

Nice signing. And they still have another DP spot. Will be interesting to see who else they bring in.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#74 » by PANDEMONEUM » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:55 pm

already planning to watch Mix and NYCFC, live, with some friends
most likely @ Chicago Fire
im a big fan of Mix
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Does Mix mean anything to the people of New York though?

I like the signing a lot, but that team in year one needed a bigger name in my opinion.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:03 pm

New York City FC Finalize Pre-Season Schedule

As New York City FC prepare for their historic inaugural MLS campaign, they have scheduled two exhibition matches vs. European clubs, St. Mirren and Brondby.

New York City FC will face Scottish Premiership side St. Mirren on February 10 in a 2:00pm kick-off. Based near Glasgow, St Mirren have lifted the Scottish Cup three times in their history and won the Scottish League Cup in 2013.

On February 15 in a 7:00am kick off, NYCFC faces Brondby, a Danish Superliga team chasing a Europa spot.

These two games round out the team’s pre-season schedule which also features two games as part of the Carolina Challenge Cup which kicks off on February 19th in Charleston.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/01/13/ne ... n-schedule

Not long now until the people of New York get to see their team take the pitch.

Any predictions on how well they will do in their first season?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Frank Lampard gives Man City an injury scare after lasting just 20 minutes in friendly win over Hamburg

Frank Lampard suffered an injury scare as Manchester City chalked up a 2-0 friendly win over Hamburg in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday, writes Stuart Brennan in the Manchester Evening News.

The midfielder came off after 20 minutes of the game - played to mark the first anniversary of the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium - and is thought to have a hip problem.

And with 17-year-old Thierry Ambrose being stretchered off seven minutes after coming on at half time, the warm-weather trip to the emirate has not come without cost.

Goals from Stevan Jovetic and Edin Dzeko gave the Blues a win in a low-key affair which also saw youngsters Brandon Barker, George Evans, and Bersant Celina get a run-out.

Barker had a reasonable 45 minutes, but it was the more experienced Evans who made the biggest impact as a deep-lying midfielder.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ty-5018751

Could things get any worse for NYCFC?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:59 am

Slovak international Adam Nemec reportedly headed to New York City FC

Looks like New York City FC could be on the verge of signing another European international.

Slovakian national team forward Adam Nemec appears headed to the Big Apple, after his current club, FC Union Berlin, posted the news on their website on Sunday.

Nemec, 29, has been with the 2.Bundesliga side since 2012, and was signed through the summer of 2016. He has made 64 appearances and scored 14 goals so far during his time with Union.

But, after making only five appearances through the first half of the current season, there seems to have been a breakdown in ongoing negotiations with the club, which could bring an end to his time in Berlin.

"These past weeks have been difficult, and I am glad that we have now found a solution," Nemec said in the statement on FC-Union-Berlin.de. "I'll walk away with a few bad experiences, but also very good memories. In my time at Union, I managed to return to the national team, with whom I absolutely want to go to the European Championships. To this end, I have to be playing, and now I have the chance."

"It is a pity that cooperation has not worked as both sides had imagined," said Union manager Norbert Düwel. "Under these circumstances, it is better to part ways. I wish Adam all the best and much success in New York."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... ew-york-ci
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran
And1: 651

Post#79 » by LifeLongKNICK » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 am

tfc looks stacked on paper..jozy,bradley,gio all in their prime.

villa and lamps are old.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#80 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:02 am

Lamps is still on good shape and form. Good addition regardless of age

Return to Major League Soccer