Orlando City SC Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,212

Re: Official Orlando City SC Thread 

Post#41 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Feb 4, 2015 3:03 pm

Our strength has to be our midfield. I would venture to say that defense is our weakness
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#42 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Feb 4, 2015 4:14 pm

Will we get our first Kaka sighting today? OCSC face FC Dallas

As preseason action rolls on, there are four games for you today, including what looks set to be Kaká’s first game in an Orlando City jersey.

Orlando City vs. FC Dallas (12 pm, Orlando, Florida)
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#43 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Feb 4, 2015 4:59 pm

Hmmm. I hope they have it on tv here I jax
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#44 » by in-limbo » Wed Feb 4, 2015 6:46 pm

A lot of these guys are under the radar for me. It seems like were pretty balanced with the middle being the strength. A weakness at striker seems to have been taken care of with the recent signings.

Of course no one can wait to see Kaka' but for me I'm looking forward to seeing Molino and Boden and the young guys we brought over from USL Pro. I know many of our other signings are quality players but I'm not personally familiar with them yet.

I don't think we have an obvious weakness but strenghths will be up the middle and in general we have some forwards who are proven scorers.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#45 » by PANDEMONEUM » Wed Feb 4, 2015 6:55 pm

3-0 by halftime
KAKA converts a pk for goal
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Feb 6, 2015 2:01 pm

Orlando City SC launch plan to draw 65,000 fans for inaugural MLS match at Citrus Bowl

Orlando City are aiming to arrive in MLS in headline-grabbing style with an opening-day attendance of 65,000 when they kick off their inaugural season at home to fellow newcomers New York City FC on March 8 (5 pm ET, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes).

Under the hashtag banner #FillTheBowl, the Lions on Thursday launched an ambitious plan to sell out the newly-remodeled Citrus Bowl, which will be their temporary home in 2015 while their purpose-built soccer stadium is under construction.

And team president Phil Rawlins revealed they are already more than a third of the way to their target – even before single-game tickets go on sale this Saturday.

The league’s highest opening-day crowd was 69,255 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena for the debut season opener between Los Angeles Galaxy and NY/NJ MetroStars in April 1996, but Orlando firmly believes it can come a close second to that number.

“With season ticket sales, private sales to season-ticket holders and group events, we have already gone past 23,000 in sales for the opening game," Rawlins explained, "and there’s no doubt in my mind we will fill the bowl for this big day.”

The bullish campaign was unveiled Thursday at the Citrus Bowl in front of a distinguished panel of league and city dignitaries, including city Mayor Buddy Dyer, county Mayor Teresa Jacobs, star player Kaka and MLS Commissioner Don Garber, who admitted he would not be surprised if the Lions achieve their lofty aim.

“Orlando has exceeded our expectations all the way down the line already, and this is a club that is punching way above its weight," Garber said. "I think this will show fans throughout the world what the city of Orlando is capable of and support the continued rise of Soccer Nation in our country.”

OCSC has sold just more than 11,000 season tickets to date and will cap season sales at 14,000 to enable them to transfer all ticket-holders to the new 20,000-seat stadium in 2016. Regular games at the Citrus Bowl will also be capped at around 20,000, but the historic opener will be subject to a massive promotional effort.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... itrus-bowl
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#47 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Feb 7, 2015 1:36 am

They are doing great, but I think single game tickets should he on sale now. I know of at least 6 people trying to get some but nothing. People might lose interest later on
Dancing Raddish
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#48 » by Dancing Raddish » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:58 am

What happened to my original Orlando City soccer thread I made like 3 years ago. It has like 28 pages. Bah! #fillthebowl
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#49 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:22 pm

Dancing Raddish wrote:What happened to my original Orlando City soccer thread I made like 3 years ago. It has like 28 pages. Bah! #fillthebowl

Your thread was phenomenal mate, and it covered all the developments in how the team was created. This thread is more for the actual season. Also, this thread is active on both the Magic and soccer forum so that is pretty cool.

Meant no disrespect my friend. #fillthebowl
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#50 » by craig01 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:17 pm

Orlando City has already sold 23,000 tickets for the opener ..... Before going on sale to the general public.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by craig01 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 6:43 pm

Open practice at the citrus bowl today.

Lots open early, stadium opens at 5, practice at 6.

You'll need to print free tickets from the OCS website.

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Feb 7, 2015 11:03 pm

craig01 wrote:Open practice at the citrus bowl today.

Did you go?
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by craig01 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:45 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
craig01 wrote:Open practice at the citrus bowl today.

Did you go?

Yes I went.

There was probably upwards of 5k there.

I was more curious about the new Citrus Bowl, which was beautifully rebuilt. It's going to be a great venue for the Lions and fans this season.

Too bad that the artificial turf is there instead of grass, and the colors and unfinished look of outside of the citrus bowl is kind of hideous.

As for the practice itself, it was mostly a handful of drills and Coach Heath was mic'ed during part of the practice.

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Feb 9, 2015 6:35 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/564839313993912321[/tweet]

30k sold with about a month to go.

I think they will reach their target.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#55 » by in-limbo » Mon Feb 9, 2015 8:14 pm

60 thousand seems like a tall order to me but they will get a huge crowd. I'm still expecting a batch of very cheap tickets in the next couple weeks and perhaps some large giveaways too, youth groups and such.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#56 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Just moved back and am excited for this as much as the Magic. Can't wait for the new stadium.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Orlando City SC finalizing deal for Middlesbrough American defender Seb Hines

A report in the Orlando Sentinel has Orlando City SC finalizing a deal for English-American Seb Hines. The report, citing "a source with direct knowledge of the deal," indicates that the 6-foot-2 center back, who has spent the last nine seasons with Middlesbrough in the English Premier League and Championship, could join the Lions on a six-month loan with an option to buy when his contract runs out with his current club in July.

There has been no official word from OCSC on the report.

The signing would add depth to OCSC’s central defense which already includes former Sporting Kansas City standout Aurelien Collin and Conor Donovan. Irish international Sean St Ledger has yet to sign, but is currently trialing in preseason camp. On Thursday the club waived Brazilian defender Gustavo.

Hines, who was born in England to an English mother and American father, captained the English Under-16 national team and played at the Under-17 and Under-19 ranks as well, although he has never featured for the senior national team nor has he received a call-up from the US outfit.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... -seb-hines
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#58 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:28 am

I got my tickets for the opener! I think for sure there would be at least 50K in attendance. Prob close to 60K.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#59 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:29 am

Also can we please update our logo for the OC team on RealGm? Its the old logo and we are way passed that now.
aka: prorl
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:34 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Also can we please update our logo for the OC team on RealGm? Its the old logo and we are way passed that now.

I'll request it.

I know they are busy with upgrades right now, but I'll get it on the "to do" list.

Return to Major League Soccer